Chapter 22: What is wrong with Evianna?

Previously on Evianna's POV

Evianna’s POV

I lied back on the chair and filed my nails. I watch the army of minor gods, monsters, and demi gods come together. I smiled deviously as Hades and Zeus shook hands. All was going according to plan and if it continues like this my darling sister, Kathalina, shall die and I will be let back home since her death can open the portal.

I transported to Camp Half Blood and I hid behind the trees. I smiled watching Ares yell at his children and my smile grew even bigger. Brothers becoming allies, sons going against fathers, it’s only a matter of time before everything falls into perfect place…

Chapter 22

What is wrong with Evianna?

I watched my father pick up my sister and carried her in her room with my mother trailing behind them. I stood by the door and I watched them tickle her and listening to her laughter made my chest tighten. I turned away and walked to my room. I sat on my bed and pulled a book into my lap just as I heard the door open.

My mother came in but I stared intently at the book. My mother walked up to me and kissed my head as did my father afterwards and they said goodnight. I turned the page and I began reading the story, the ugly duckling. Tears began to drip down onto the book while I read how the ugly duckling was tormented and ignored by everyone, even it’s on family.

I got up and walked to my full length mirror. I stared at my long wavy blonde hair because I had taken my hair out of braids. I stared at my light tanned skin, and blue eyes. My eyes looked pained and broken so I practiced hiding it to the point where I could read no expression anymore. I got up and walked to my sister’s room and stared at her peacefully sleeping.

Her long black hair was as dark as night and she looked amazingly like father as I did to our mother but she was prettier.

‘Aren’t we twins? Why am I not that pretty?’ I whispered to no one. I left the room and I walked down stairs and left the house as quick as possible. I ran through the woods and my white nightgown trailed behind me. Tears streamed down my eyes as I stared at the pond which was actually a portal to a place called earth.

‘What do we have here?’ a voice said behind me and I stood up and turned around quickly. A man was standing in the shadows and I instantly felt scared. There was something off about this guy and it truly scared me.

‘No need to be scared sweetheart,’ he said.

‘I’m like you so there’s no need to be scared,’ he said in a calming tone.