Chapter 28- Anyone up for sports?

it has been two weeks since Bendy's last breakdown and well, things could go better. It took us a while but we finally managed to calm him down from his "unstable situation " Mr Lucy, Boris and I were planning to get him into sports, to let his thoughts and issues drift slowly as he adjusted to my school.

"I suggest that my son would attend tennis"

"That's actually a good idea dad"Boris nods, though he would actually prefer his brother to join them in football along with Mugman and I. But to be honest tennis would be much safer for him.

"How about I quit playing football so I could join with Bends?" I suggested, then all I saw were surprised faces.

"A-are you sure Cuphead?"

"Yes, I'm sure"

"But you used to be captain"

"Keywords USED TO BE I prefer to be with bends so I could look after him" in actuality that was a half-true statement. I do want to protect him, but I also wanna hang out with him. I don't know if its instinct or something else, but whenever I'm near him I feel more at peace.

"Okay, then I guess it's fine actually that's perfect"

"So you're okay with the arrangements?"

"Let's ask Bendy first, before we set this into action"

But bendy was still asleep, having to consume more of his prescription pills. It was a heavy toll on his back, with some of its side effects being drowsiness, and hunger.

"I've called some close people, to help us with this " Mr. Lucy said, looking at his watch. And just then, someone knocked at the door.

" I'll get it" Boris announced and left the room and then we heard him, squealing?

"Oh my ghad! Alice! uncle Dice! You're here!!" I looked at the front door and saw Alice and a man I probably assumed named Dice.

They went towards us and Alice waved, while Dice went to Mr. Lucy and hugged him?.

"How's my sweet Lucy doing? ~" Dice squished both of his cheeks.

"Diceyy~ it's only been a couple of days" Mr. Lucy whined hugging him back, both of them cuddling affectionately? Okay what am I missing here?.

"But I miss my sugarplum~ speaking of sugarplums, where's my Bendy boy? He's in for a lot of cuddling"

"Bendy is sleeping right now, he's been having... Problems" The man sighed, his shoulders dropping down. Dice's expression became unreadable, his eyes darkened into deep emeralds.

"Did... Did it happened again?" His piercing gaze meet mine, he had a soul gripping look on his eyes.

"Are you the one who did it!!" My throat lost its breath. I felt like I was choking only by his gaze. He started walking to me, making me tremble more and more with each step.

"No Dice! He hasn't done anything!"

"How can you be so sure Lucy!? You know what happened the last time we trusted someone!!"

"But he helped us!"

"Let me guess, by taunting him!, by beating him!, by raping him! If Bendy has a problem it must be from- "

"Dad? Uncle Dice?" All of us froze, then Dice slowly looked at the staircase. Seeing Bendy gently rubbing his eye with one arm, while hugging a big pillow at his other hand. Dice immediately hugs him, his face smiling warmly as he faces him.

"What is it sweetheart?"

"Are you and dad fighting because of me?" Bendy whimpers a bit, making the man panic for a moment.

"W-what? No, no. It's okay, we weren't fighting... How about I go cook some spaghetti?" Dice wiped Bendy's  tears with his thumb, as he  reassures him. The adorable demon smiled widely.

"Really?"

"Yeah a whole pot, just for you, wanna come and help me cook?" Bendy nodded rapidly, as he takes Dice's hand, but when Dice looks at me.

"We're not done yet" he said through gritted teeth.

"Uncle Dice come on, spaghetti is not gonna cook itself" Bendy pulled him to the kitchen.

"Well... that was something" I looked back, seeing Alice giving a nervous grin. Trying to divert his attention to anything else than my questioning look.

"What was that all about?!" I frantically shot my hands up, having my face full of sweat.

"I mean, no sh*t Sherlock. But haven't they  told you yet?" Alice puts her hands at both sides of her waist.

"No, all they said was his father killing-" then it hit me like a brick. Like for fucks sake, did I forgot-

"We kill people" Mr.Lucy bluntly states, not a single drip of guilt was heard.

"Why..? How could you do that"

"Look kid, I make sure that my family is safe, and I make sure that I can provide for their needs. A single Man's soul is worth nothing to me, and to Dice. That's why I have Alice here to help me with Bendy's situation here. And I hope you would cooperate as well... Or else"