Chapter 20- Beads of Sweat

Cuphead's POV

I slowly woke up with a pain in my head, restricting me from any further sleep. I popped my head out of my room and saw Mugs sitting on a couch in front of an empty wall. He looked like he was staring into nothingness.

"Hey mugs"

He suddenly jolted and quickly turned around facing me completely. He had red baggy eyes that seemed like he had insomnia, his face still had dirt from yesterday's feast at Bendy's, and I noticed that he was still wearing yesterday's clothes.

"I-it's not what it looks like cups"

"What do you mean it's not what it looks like!? You haven't slept have you!? "

"U-... um.. "

I angrily stomped towards him and pushed him down the couch.

"You are staying here mister until you get your rest! no school for you! "

"Ugh... fine.. "

He slowly closed his eyes and drifted off into a deep slumber, while I sprucen up myself and got ready for school.

While I was walking down the road, my mind slowly drifted back to Bendy, worry and concern boiled deep inside my guts. It cycled back and back from there until I was inside of school campus.

There I saw him surrounded by some nosy girls that keep throwing him questions, and not surprisingly he still had that smile plastered on his face.

"Must be those pills.. "

They kept questioning untill Bendy spotted me, His smile widened and left the group of girls piling up, he hastily ran towards me and suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"Good morning cuppy! "

"Heh... good morning bends"

I can't help but to be put at ease by his touch, something about him makes me feel worry and at the same time fell for him. Comforting, soothing, reassuring that what's his touch felt, nothing but eternity, pulling you into something other than harms way.

"Now let's go to class shall we"

"whatever you say bends"

I let him drag me to our first subject, feeling another blush creeping through my flustered cheeks. Sooner or later we've arrived and took our seats next to each other still his hand never let go of mine.

"Um.. bends you can let go now"

"Oh-oh... right.. "Damn why did I said that.

Recess had arrived and both of us raced through the abundant crowd hand in hand, we we're acting like children and we enjoy it for the time being. Finally we've arrived in front of the cafeteria and bought our lunches. We walked towards those nearby tables and sat there, enjoying our little feast in peaceful silence, until Bendy broke it.

"So.. um cups what happened yesterday.. "

"Yeah? "

"Have you... look inside the cabinet in bathroom?... "

I completely went silent mentally cursing myself. How am I going to lie to him, how am I gonna get out of this?!. Bendy tilted his head with slight anxious tinted on his features, causing beads of sweat falling down my porcelain head, my lips quiver with guilt, but in spite of all events I braced myself for the words I would spoke.

"No... no I didn't.. "

He adjusted his head upright and stared deep within my conscience, a slightly stern look creep to his face. My beads of sweat increased as I tugged on my collar to release some steam.

"I believe you... for now"

I let out a heavy breath I didn't knew I held, and continued with our lunch.

Oswald's POV

After lunch I went and looked for Cuphead, I wanted to tell him something important.

I hastily phase through the crowded halls with eyes staring deep in me. Some had fear, some had worry, and some just didn't care. I brush them away from my mind and went to the task at hand.

Tell Cuphead.

After countless minutes I finally saw him. He was standing near a willow tree, looking into nothingness, like he was waiting for someone.

"Hey Cuphead! "

I got his attention as I started to head his direction, he had an annoyed look on his face when he looked at me.

"Ugh! what do you want"

"I came to tell you something "

I said between breaths, exhausted from running around school campus searching for him.

"And? "

"I want to break the deal... "

He went from annoyed to just pure shock. Unable to speak or believe me. He shook his head and looked at me like a freak.

"You're joking right? "

"No... the DEAL is off"

He let out a deep breath? like he was in relief? but suddenly that changed into a stern look, digging deep into my soul.

"Are you telling the truth... "

"Yes... I am"

"Why though"

"S-something happened in the past couple of days"

I gulped in anticipation and after I while we heard a door slammed open, It was that demon.

"Go"

"What? "

"Just go!"

I left and went back to my class schedule.

What's wrong with him?