Chapter 24

Jess hadn't written luke another letter for three days.

Just as she was about to, Jess got a call from a blocked number.

She couldn't quite tell who it was since the voice was so deep and raspy, but it was a calming voice and for some reason, this girl had a shit conscience and went to the starbucks it told her to meet it at anyway. (A/N: Pfft... this girl was tryna tell Luke about a conscience?!)

She walked into the starbucks at around nine or ten at night and ordered a vanilla bean frappuccino with caramel (she was one of those girls that got cold drinks even if it was cold outside), and went over to a couch in the corner of the room to sit down. She waited about seven minutes before the bell to the entrance dinged and she saw a very familiar tall frame with blonde hair.

"Luke?" She called, standing up and walking towards him.

He turned around slowly and when he saw Jess, he gave a weak smile.

"Jessy." He breathed, "you came."

"Yeah," She quietly smiled, "I did."

She offered to buy him a drink, but he politely declined. She led him over to the couch she been previously sitting on.

"You look amazing, Jess." Luke complimented as he studied her appearance.

She had her hair in a high ponytail, very minimal makeup on, she was wearing a light blue jumper, black leggings, and black uggs.

"Thanks," she blushed. "You look... different."

"I look shit." He scoffed.

"Yeah... a little." She giggled.

His eyes were more grey than blue and very tired, he had dark circles, stubble, and his hair was more flat then quiffed and Jess assumed he had been repeatedly running his hands through it. He was wearing a black t-shirt under a red flannel, black skinny jeans and black converse. He was also wearing a black backpack and Jess was so fucking nosy, she wanted so badly to go through it!

"I- um... I got your letter." Jess stated quietly, not making eye contact with Luke as she stared down at her drink.

"Oh... g- good, I'm- I'm glad...." Luke stammered nervously, which made Jess look up at him and smile.

"You're so cute when you get all fidgety like that." Jess giggled.

"Am not...." Luke pouted quietly.

"Yes you are." Jess said, ruffling his hair.

Luke just looked back up at her and smiled. She smiled back at him and then timidly looked back down at her hands, placing them in her lap.

"Where were you?" She asked quietly, her smile quickly fading. She looked back up at him, her eyes brimmed with tears.

"I- um," Luke started, he quickly turned his gaze from her because he couldn't handle looking at her while she cried, even though it was all his fault.

"Luke," she urged him on, still looking right at him.

"I was... I was in rehab." Luke spoke quietly, finally looking back up at her.

Jess's eyes grew wide. "Wha- what?"

"I- yeah... I was embarrassed so I asked my mum not to tell anyone." Luke mumbled quietly.

"Oh my God, Luke," Jess started, wrapping Luke in a tight embrace, "That's amazing, why would you be embarrassed about that? I'm so proud of you."

Luke smiled and tightly wrapped his arms around her waist. He heard her sniffle and immediately pulled away to look at her, still holding her waist.