Chapter 14 (IMPORTANT A/N AGAIN!!!)

When they arrived at the hospital, they probably created quite a scene.... A seventeen year old girl whose hair was a wild mess toppled into a bun on top of her head, the band of the boxers she wore visible over her pyjama shorts; an eighteen year old blonde boy, waddling and stomping around because he still couldn't feel his legs; a nineteen year old "Asian" boy carrying a unicorn pillow pet around; and a twenty year old shirtless boy, with curly hair, sleepily covering himself with a superman blanket, all rushing to get out of the car and into the hospital building.

The odd group made their way to the front desk in haste.

"Hi, I'm here for a Michael Clifford?" she spoke staring warily at the nurse tending the front desk.

"Okay um what about...." the nurse spoke, letting her voice trail off as she looked to the boys sleepily trailing behind Jess.

"Oh, we all are." Jess smiled, looking back at the little train she had going.

"Right, right," the nurse spoke, unseccessfully trying to stifle a giggle, "one moment please."

The nurse walked to the back room and spoke with someone before popping her head out from another door and waving them in. They obediently complied and shyly trailed in after the nurse. They followed her down the corridor after she put a phone back on its line. Soon they were met by a second nurse whose tag read "Jamie Lynn".

"Hello, Jess? Jess Flours?" The new nurse spoke, holding out a hand for Jess as she curiously eyed the boys behind her.

"Yes that's me." Jess said with a smile, shaking the nurse's hand.

"Right. Well I'm Nurse Jamie," she started, pointing her index towards her name tag, "I spoke with you on the phone earlier?"

"Oh! Yeah, I remember!" Jess said as she recalled from her earlier memories of the hectic morning.

"Right, well Mr. Clifford is just in this room, he's a bit tired and isn't making much sense at the moment. From what we can tell, he has no vital injuries, he has a slight burn from where the seatbelt rubbed against his neck and chest but it's no big deal. We've gotten as much of the glass out of his skin as we can, and the other small shards will fall out over time. Michael is still a bit sore and has some small cuts from the glass that will more than likely scab over and bruise later, but nothing major; he should be healed within a couple of days. However, he might be a bit overwhelmed with all of the company, so I'm sorry to say it might be best we just have you, Miss. Flours, come in." She said with pursed lips, looking at the boys sadly.

Jess looked back at the guys for confirmation. They all nodded with weak smiles and followed the other nurse back to the waiting room. Nurse Jamie took Jess into the room where Michael was supposed to be. Jamie reached for the door handle but Jess stopped her.

"Um... do you think I could see him on my own?" She asked timidly, staring down at her shoes.

Jamie put her hand on Jess's shoulder and smiled warmly. She let out a quiet "of course" before unlocking the door for Jess. Jess smiled shyly at the nurse before walking in. Nurse Jamie quietly shut the door before walking back down the corridor.

"Hey...." Jess said with a small smile as she noticed Michael was now awake.

"Hi?" Michael quietly question with a giggle, confused at first. He couldn't see who it was because Jess was still consumed by the dark, shadowed corner of the hospital room. He recognised her voice, but couldn't put a face to it, since he was still too dazed to connect the two.

Jess giggled before timidly making her way towards his bed. It wasn't long before she was greeted by Michael's big, cheesy grin and girlish giggles..