Chapter 19

Luke crept back into his home at around four am.

He and Lana had done what they needed to do, and Luke would probably never see or talk to her again.

He decided it'd be best if he didn't go back over to Jess's house (for mulitple reasons), so he ended up going back to his own house, where he hasn't been in what felt like forever.

He slowly opened the door, pausing to look around and make sure no one was awake or had gotten woken up from the hardly audible noise the door had made. Once the door had enough room for Luke to slip through, he didn't bother opening it all the way, due to the fact that he didn't want the door to creak again.

He quietly pushed the door shut until he heard the slight click emerge. He then quickly locked the door, proud that he hadn't made enough noise to wake anyone up. Yet.

He tried to turn on his heel as swiftly as possible, which ended up with him almost falling. Once he was sure he wasn't going to fall or make noise, he lifted one of his feet to take a step... but then faceplanted into the ground because his shoe was untied.

"Luke? Luke, honey, is that you?" Liz called from her room.

Luke looked around, taking notice that he had tipped a table over, which was probably what made his mum wake up in the first place, due to the loud noise it would have protruded.

"Y- yeah, mum. I- it's me." Luke stuttered, trying hard to make sure his words weren't too slurred.

"Honey, what happened? How'd you fall?" Liz asked, making her way down the steps.

"I- I'm not sure. Just clumsy I guess...." Luke chuckled quietly.

"Here, let me help you." His mother spoke whilst quickly walking towards him. Luke was about to brush her off to the side and refuse his mother's request to help, but he was too late.

Now that Liz was close enough, she could tell how fucked up her son was.

"Woah! Lucas Robert Hemmings! Have you been drinking?!" She shouted at him. It wasn't a big deal for her to be shouting at him like this since it was just the two of them living together.

"Mum," Luke groaned, "that's not even my name. If you wanted to use it whenever you scold me, then why didn't you just name me that and call me Luke for short?" He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes as well.

"Luke." Liz said sternly. "Answer me!"

"Yes, Mum! Oh my God. It's not even a big deal!" Luke scoffed, not even bothering to try and hide the slurring in his words.

"Yes, Luke. It is a big deal, a very big deal!"

"What? Why?" Luke asked, as if it wasn't obvious.

Liz sighed ddeeply, trying to relax herself so she didn't scream at the top of her lungs due to this boy's stupidity.

"You wanna know why it's a big deal, Luke? I'll tell you why," she started calmly. "Because you're a fucking alcoholic! That's why!" She screamed at him, no longer seeing the point in being calm whilst in the presence of this nimrod.

"Ohhhh. Okay, I get it now." Luke giggled childishly.

Liz just pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed deeply. Again. She was just very annoyed at the moment for a few reasons. Mostly because she just got woken up at the bloody crack of dawn by her drunk idiotic son, who also tipped a potted plant over and spilt a bunch of soil evrywhere! He was definitely going to have to clean that up later!

She had no clue how she ended up with an alcoholic for a son, but she was more so focused on how she was going to get him upstairs at the moment because she couldn't just let her baby boy sleep in the entryway of their home! He'd get a kink in his neck and his back would hurt the next day....