Chapter 21

Ashton was right.

Michael didn't come back. In fact, it had been exactly a week and a half since they had last seen him. Jess ended up being fine that night, she had a minor concussion, but it wasn't anything to make a fuss about.

Michael, on the other hand, had completely dropped off the face of the earth, and everyone was worried sick! Despite his sudden outburst towards Jess, they still cared.

There was no way of contacting him. At first, he just hadn't been returning their calls or texting them back, but then they tried to call again and had come to find out that he had cancelled his phone! They eventually moved to asking his mum. Nope. Not a clue as to where he had gone. She said he came home, grabbed some stuff and then got in his car and left.

Luke continued to visit Jess, even though he was still a little hurt about her slip-up. He still hadn't stopped drinking, despite the fact that Jess had been very clear about her disapproval. However, at this moment, everyone was more so worried about where Michael was, and how they were going to contact him.

-

Three weeks.

It was officially three weeks since they had heard or seen anything from Michael.

However, his friends still had hope for him. Everyone, except for them, had given up on him coming back or anyhting. Even his mum had told them they should probably give up. He was nineteen for crying out loud!

Jess, Luke, Ashton, and Calum were not going out that easy. They had to fight for what they believed in, and Michael was it.

-

Six weeks.

It was now the six week mark, but they were still holding out.

Everyone thought they were nuts, which they probably were, but Michael was too important.

He was too important to just not care anymore!

They had to be hopeful and optimistic.

He had to come back.

-

Nine weeks.

About nine weeks ago, Michael had permanently left.

Atleast, that's what everyone else thought.

By now, the band had split. They were going to try and hold it together, but they knew it just couldn't work.

Luke was the first to voice his opinion about thinking it wouldn't work.

Cal and Ash were still hopeful, until one day, they realized it was useless.

They were missing one of their guitarists, but he wasn't just a guitarist, he was one of their best friends.

-

Three months.

Ashton, Calum, and Luke had all given up hope. None of them believed that Michael was coming back by this point.

Jess still believed in him though.

She still thought he was coming back one day.

She knew he was coming back.

He had to be.

-

Five months.

Jess still believed in Michael.

Now, even Calum, Luke, and Ashton thought she was crazy.

Her mom was beginning to grow even more concerned than she had been when all of this started.

-

Six months.

It had been exactly six months, and it was official.

Jess lost hope.

~

I am SO sorry you guys. This was a v short and a v shitty chapter. You guys can all hate me now if you want.

I can explain though! Basically, the story only has about four-ish chapters left, and I'm trying to wrap this up. I know I said that I was going to try and make the chapters longer (which I will be doing), but hear me out: I already have the next four-ish chapters planned out, and they should be longer... I hope. But anyway, I love you guys lots! 'TILL NEXT TIME MONKEYS

- Morgan