Chapter 15

Jess was unable to sign Michael out because she was not eighteen, however, all of the boys were eligable to do so.

After plenty of arguing, Ashton was chosen by Jess due to the fact that he was "the oldest". Ash smirked with pride as he signed the release papers. That was until he realized how many there were. After all of the papers were finally signed and all of Michael's meds were received, the long trip home began.

Michael, Calum, and Luke were arguing over shotgun, but Jess gave it to Ashton, Jess claimed it was because he was the only one not acting childishly about it. However, Luke began growing jealous and thinking Ash and Jess had a thing for eachother, and Michael couldn't care less at the moment because he was still hocked up on hospital drugs, and Calum just wanted front seat.

The real reason Jess gave it to Ashton was because she was still a bit on edge about sitting with either Luke or Michael right now because of what Michael had confessed to her, and, let's face it, Cal was acting like a child.

Jess had hoped to talk to Ashton about everything that happened in the hospital room because she knew all of the guys would fall asleep during the carride, but was very displeased to learn that he had fallen asleep as well.

"Oh well," Jess sighed, "perhaps being alone is what I need, I can think all of this through on my own."

-

As Jess pulled into her driveway, she recalled every little detail she had gathered during the long roadtrip; how Michael had spent all of his time trying to point out every flaw in Josh and, although he was right, Jess had always found it quite odd, how Luke had all of a sudden grown very jealous of her and Josh's intimacy, how Michael was always very protective of her, how violently Luke had reacted towards what he and the boys walked in on in Jess's entryway the other day. It all made sense now.

Jess became very angry in a matter of seconds and she hadn't a clue why. She parked harshly, making the car jerk and wake the boys up. She jumped out of the car from the driver's side and slammed the car door.

This left you with a very confused, concerned, and tired group of attractive boys trailing after her. Since Ashton was closest, he was able to get to her quickest. He reached for her wrist, and barely grazed it with his fingertips when she pulled back and hastily shifted to face him, almost tripping over her own feet because clumsy.

She hadn't noticed the angry tears beginning to fall from her eyes until Ash reached up and tried to wipe some away. The moment his hand touched her face she backed away a little and looked at her feet. Her shoes had recently become a very interesting object of focus in her life.

Then she remembered she was angry.

She quickly walked over to him until they were standing toe-to-toe.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She shouted at him, and by now all of the boys were there as well, so the sentence was sort of directed to everyone.

"Huh? Tell you what?" Ashton spoke, genuinely confused. They all said something similar but he was the only one she could understand at the moment.

She then walked over to Luke and attempted to shove him back, but he only teetered a bit due to their height, weight, and strength difference. She wanted to shove Michael too, but she remembered that he was injured so she steered clear of him.

"Why the fuck did no one tell me?" She demanded.

"Tell you what?!" Calum spoke bravely.

She began to pace towards her front door, attempting to run her hands through tangled hair until she remembered it was in a bun, so she settled on just burying them into the roots.

She huffed in frustration and made her way to the door. She opened it and stepped inside as the guys trailed behind her.

"Jess...." Ashton spoke timidly.

"What the fuck. Why didn't anyone tell me?" She whimpered quietly into her hands. She was sat down on the floor in front of her staircase. She made herself as small as possible as she sat there weeping. You couldn't have seen a more sad or pathetic thing in your life.

Michael stood as far away from her as possible; not moving from his place in her entryway.

No one was looking at him, but if they were, they wouldn't have ever seen a more guilty face, because he knew she was referring to what he had told her back in the hospital room.

"Guys... Can I talk to you?" Calum finally spoke after they were all just sat there staring at the heartbreaking scene in from of them.

They all soundlessly agreed and walked to the basement, but not before Ashton told Jess that they'd be right back.

"Do any of you know what she's on about? Because I don't...." Cal spoke once they were in the confines of the basement.

They all shook their heads but Michael stayed still, not saying a word. He didn't think they would notice, but they did, of course they did.

"Mike? What's wrong?"

"I- I-...." That was all that was coherent before he broke into tears and sobs. He wouldn't have usually reacted that way, but he still had A LOT of medication in his system.

The boys came towards him and attempted to console their friend, also trying to figure out what had happened, but they hadn't a clue.

By the time Michael was calmed down to whimpers, he was finally able to tell them what happened in the hospital room, and he did.

~

Wooh! That one took a while! Damn writer's block again so I'm sorry it was kind of short >:( . Again, not sure how long it'll be until I am with wifi. But HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS! 1.3 FUCKING K!! LIKE WHAT?!? AHHHHHH!!!!!! OKAY okay sorry, caps lock. Anyhow, I hope you liked it, Jess was kind of a whiny bitch in this one but, eh. What're you gonna do? So I'm sorry this probably sucked but I'm kind of really tired sooo.... Sorry? But yeah, thank you thank you thank you! It doesn't feel like that long ago I had like no one besides Mashtxn xD but anyway, I can't thank you enough and yeah. I LOVE YOU MONKEYS!!!!!

P.S. Jess doesn't normally use curse words, aside from the times at the gas station, she hardly ever swears. It's just the way I'd like her character to be :)