chapter thirteen

Nick

A week had past and I've been talking with Demi on the phone every night till four in the morning. Joe has no clue that I have feelings for Demi. I have very strong feelings for Demi now and when we're together I try my hardest to show her that.

I reached into my closet and pulled out a blue polo button down shirt. Demi and I was going to go somewhere were no one would see us, it'd just be us two. I looked in the mirror and smiled, I looked hot. I laughed and shook my head while walking downstairs. I had the house to myself so Demi was going to come here, then we'd leave.

Just as I was about to pull my phone out and call Demi the doorbell rang. I quickly walked over to it, but checked my breath quickly. It smelt ok so I opened the door up to Demi. She wore a soft pink and brown button down polo shirt and blue Jean shorts. I raised my eyebrow and we both chuckled at the same time.

"we match" she said.

Demi walked in and I closed the door behind her. I grabbed her by her belt buckle, pulling her to me.

"where's my kiss?" I asked. She cocked her head to the side and placed her hand on my chest.

"do you deserve one New Jersey?" I laughed and formed my mouth in an "oh".

She laughed and hugged my neck. I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame and lifted her up a little. She placed her foot on top of mine and I walked us into the living-room with her unique laughter playing. I sniffed her strawberry scented hair and hugged her body tighter. She giggled lightly and pulled away from me.

"now you can get a kiss" I closed my eyes and let my lips find hers'.

She had my favorite lipgloss on and I licked her bottom lip. Quickly opening her mouth for me she pushed her tongue in. I walked her to the couch and fell down on top of her. She laughed and pulled away.

"getting carried away?" I just glanced in to her big brown eyes and caressed her cheek.

"what?" she asked, her cheeks getting warmer.

"you're beautiful" She smiled her big face eating smile and rolled her eyes.

I chuckled softly as she began to squirm under me.

"c'mon let's go" she whined.

I laughed and got off her, helping her on her feet. I grabbed her hand and walked into my kitchen going into the garage. My mom left her car so I was going to use it to take Demi somewhere special. Nick walked around to my door and opened it for me.

"ma' lady?" I laughed and got out, linking my arm with his.

"where to?" I shrug my shoulders glancing at the ten story building.

It was a brick building with graffiti on the walls. The art was actually cool.

"well I guess I'll lead you then" He said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demi

I smiled and grabbed his hand as he opened the door of the building. The palm of his hand was warm. We walked into the elevator and went up. It tickled my stomach because I haven't been in one of these in ages.

Once the sliver doors slid open Nick pulled me out and we ran down a long corridor. There was wooden doors, but no doorknobs on all of them.

"Nick slow down" He did and stood in front of a door.

It was brown, but it wasn't made of wood. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.

"my parents bought this whole floor and made like an entire suite out of it" he said reading my confusion.

I just nod my head and said oh. After he unlocked the door I walked in behind him as he flickered the lights on. The housewas amazing and my mouth dropped. Nick turned to look at my reaction and I punched him in the shoulder.

"ouch what that for?" He grabbed his arm and playfully glared at me.

"you never ever mentioned this place at my house!"I yelled walking away from him.

He laughed and I heard his footsteps behind me. Nick quickly grabbed my waist while I was still admiring the insane beauty of this place.

"this wouldn't be mine if I told Joe"

The way he said 'mine' sent chills up my spine. I nod my head agreeing with him.

"Joe wouldn't understand"I said walking outside to the balcony.

I pulled the glass door back and walked out into airy wind.

"some day I'll tell him and try to make him understand how I feel about this place"

I bit my lip getting the vibe we weren't talking about the nice bachelor pad Nick had to himself, but about me; us. I started up at him as he starred out over the ledge.

"tell me how you feel about it" I whispered.

Nick glanced my way and for a spilt second his light brown orbs held me there, stuck in the moment, replaying everything we use to be to what we are now.

"I can be myself here, I don't have to hide anything here. I'm free to do and be who I want to be here. I can find myself here and just admire the beauty, the unique quality, smell, feel" he then rubbed my cheek with the back of his hand.

I grabbed it and closed my eyes. He wrapped his other hand around my waist and leaned his head on my forehead. I slowly lifted my eyelids open to find him staring right back at me.

"I love you"