chapter fourteen

Nick

"I love you"

I didn't have time to think and stop myself from saying it. It rolled effortless off my tongue and into her heart forever. It meant what it was meant for and it was no taking it back. As much as you think I wanted to take it back, I didn't, i couldn't. It was what I truly felt and I've been completely honest with Demi since the beginning.

It doesn't matter how many times I try to catch myself from daydreaming about her, I can't. And no matter how many times I've told myself that it was all for a bet I couldn't cover up my feelings anymore. Then it hit me.

"you do?" Her voice was filled with happiness, but it came out so fragile. I began to caress her hand with my thumb and my mouth was dry.

Should I lie and say it was a mistake? I might as well tell her the truth, the complete truth.

"listen I have to tell you something" I felt her tense up and she looked down, her eyes revealing sadness.

I grabbed her chin and made her look back up at me. Her big brown eyes and a hint of hazel starred at me with tears threatening to spill over.

-----

Demi

Lastnight was unreal. I thought Nick was going to take his words back, but he didn't. Even though we just started dating we was moving extremely fast.

Of course I said the same words back to him and we ate some food, he showed me some pictures he took and painted. I've never known him to be the artistic type at all. Nick also let me taste, no choke on a glass of wine. I'll never try that again. After that we sat on his couch and played with each others fingers, then kissed quickly turning into a make-out session. I bit my lip tasting Nicks lips on mine.

"so do you wanna go?" Selena asked putting the pink nail polish on my nails and snapping me from my thoughts.

She was talking about going to a skating rink and meeting some dude named Justin. Of course she had to like him and wanted to stalk him so I just shrugged my shoulder.

"sure I guess"

Selena laughed and began to blow my nails with her breath. "he has a friend for you Demi" My eyes went wide and I cocked my head to the side. She looked at me and smirked twisting the top on the nail polish.

"he is cute and--" I shook my head and waved my hands in her face careful as not to mess up the painting. "no no no, I'm not looking for anyone!" She frown and her bottom lip began to tremble.

I got off my bed still shaking my head no.

"Demsy-Bear please?"

----------

I walked into the building after Selena. My mom dropped us off and went shopping with one of her friends.

Selena made us wear our hair in these goofy looking ponytails, where it's high up, but to the side. I laughed and went along with it, but if I was meeting Nick then I would have said no in a heart beat.

"where are these guys?" I asked as we walked to an empty table inside the small cafe that was beside the rink. I looked out the huge window at all the skaters. "there with the khaki shorts" I looked over at the guy and he had brown shaggy hair, my guy because he wasn't in the khaki shorts but cameo.

I smiled because he wasn't my type. tehehe. Selena went and hugged Justin as his friend eyed me and put his hands in his pockets. I smiled pretending this whole set-up wasn't funny to me.

"what'sup?" Justin said referring to me.

I almost knitted my eyebrows in confusion but played it off with a laugh. "I'm Demi" He nod his head and pointed at his friend. "that's Chaz" I waved shyly at him while he nod his head at me. Definitely not my type.

I sipped more of my coke and looked out the window. This "date" is horrible. Chad, Chase,Chaz whatever breath stinks, he talks too much, and he keeps putting his hands on me. I was so ready to go and I gave Selena long hard glares letting her know that I was.

He tried grabbing my hand, but I pretended to scratch my head. I squint my eyes out the window watching a familiar chocolate haired boy stumble inside the rink while holding hands with a blonde. I shook my head in disbelief and grabbed chaz's arm. Dragging him from the cafe I pulled him over to the booth to buy us a pair of skates. He was smiling the whole time I hand his arm and angrily dragging him to the counter. If he is turned on by this then dude is sick.

We gave the lady our size and within seconds she handed us the skates over the counter and Chaz gave her the money. As we both changes our shoes I watched Nick look around nervously as the girl places his hands on her waist, guiding him around the rink. Not far from a distance I saw Joe skating with a girl that had a boob job. Selena won't like this now will she? Damn I sound crazy.

"you ready sexy?"

Oh and he keeps calling me sexy, like dude just shut the fuck up. Standing up and rolling my eyes at him I lead him to the floor. Grabbing his hand quickly as Nick skated by finally looking up and looking horrified at me. I smirked and gracefully skated into the rink. Now he'll knows I don't like to be played with, why would he come here with her? I told him everything from the beginning so why is he acting jealous? Boys.

------------------------------------------------

comment vote fan :)