chapter forty-five

Demi

To hear these incredible words any sexually active teenage girl would want to hear should make me exhale deeply and wipe the sweat from my forehead, but it didn't. Actually hearing the doctor tell me that I'm fine, meaning he found nothing wrong with me or that nothing were or is growing inside of me, made me frown. Small ounces of me was hoping for the more complex situation. Carrying a baby for months, my stomach stretching out, all the things that goes hand in hand with taking care of a baby I was ready to accept. Accept it all without even being sure of who the father is. Life was so much easier without sex and older boys.

Doctor Hale came back into the room and gave my mom the sliver clipboard in her hand to sign off a few things and I hoped down from the hospital-like examination bed. I was more than ready to get out of here and go meet Nick in our secret place.

I've been forbid to see him after mom and dad found out about why Joe and him fought. Joe wanted to kill me also later that same day, asking how I could have been stupid enough to actually sleep with Nick. I felt bad about everything until Nick cornered me one day after school and made me listen to his side. Yes, I was angry when I found out he did agree to Liam's bet, but I had no business pursuing him too with him being like a brother to Joe. The entire situation was fucked up but forgiving someone is so much easier than hating and ignoring them. Funny how I say that now when I'm still not on speaking terms with my own brother.

So lost in my jumbled up thoughts I hadn't realised that mom was waiting for me to walk out. Watching the floor I hurried past her and to the car. She spoke her last words with Dr. Hale before getting into the car.

"Now that I'm finally clear of any std's or pregnancy, can I go out again?" I asked sarcastically.

My mother gasped dramatically as she pulled out of the lot. Her right hand flying to her chest.

"Demetria, that is not funny. What if he did give you an incurable disease or you were pregnant? Then what? Still funny?" She replied coldly. Giving me the look of death while turning back to the road.

What does she mean he could have gave me some type of disease? She's acting like Nick is some random guy I randomly hooked up with and not that same kid who's been living next door literally my entire life. Rolling my eyes I choose not to even acknowledge her anymore. Folding my arms across my chest I looked out of the window. My mom doesn't even deserve a reply for her harsh judgments. Wonder how judgmental she will be if she knew of all the little tramps Joe brings over behind their back. I shook my head at my thoughts and laughed. They would go completely ballistic if they knew.

Since neither of us where talking the car ride home was completely quite. Radio was even off. It gave me time to think about these past few months and being with Nick. Losing my virginity, meeting Tyler and finding out that the guy I can't seem to leave alone placed a bet on me. Having the worst pregnancy scare known to man and I'm only a sophomore!

Is he worth all this drama? Seriously, how should I know once he's off to college he'll still want me? That he'll be ready to meet me half way with a long distance relationship and that's just it, I don't know the possibilities of being with Nick. What I do know is that being around him makes me really happy, so at the moment -without caring anymore- I'm going to be happy.

Without my mom noticing, I snuck a smile on my face. One of those dreamy, lovestruck girly smiles. In love and couldn't care less what people thought of me. Just the thought of meeting up with Nick in a few was making my smile grow by the second. So as soon as mom parked the car in the driveway I was quickly out of the car before she could try and discuss anything else with me about safe sex and boys.

After having the worst pregnancy scare, ever, to just happen to me I was surely enough beyond excited about meeting up with Nick. Racing upstairs to change out of my regular clothes and into my running wear with urgency I didn't see the pair that was sitting in the livingroom sharing a family bag of Hot Cheetos. Stopping in mid-stride, my head whipped around to catch another long look at the familiar dark haired teenaged male.

"Nick?" I gasped, earning attention from both my brother and him.

"Demi.." Nick trailed off while standing to his feet in a flash. "What'sup?"

The room was spinning around and around several times in my head as I let his voice soak in my ears. The sight of him standing in my livingroom again after what has happened the past week was melting my heart. Joe casually sitting on the couch like it was once before normal to have Nick in our house again, even acknowledging my greeting that would have been witty and rude a couple of months ago.

I couldn't find any words to respond with, all I could do was stare. Probably looking like a deer caught in the headlights of an 18 wheeler. It was Joe who spoke up, breaking my hypnotized stare.

"Stare at eachother in the basement, mom will kill all three of us if she sees him." He threw in.

Gazing upon my older brother, my eyes meet his hazel ones saying words not need to be spoken for either of us to understand that this was his apology. By me leading the way to the basement was my acceptance.

While climbing down the noisy wooden steps I tried thinking of ways to start off the conversation, but came up short. All the excitement of meeting up with him must've left from the draining ride home with my mother. I was on such a high while thinking of him, now I can't even muster a proper hello.

"So Joe has forgiven me. Can you believe that?" Nick announced while sitting on the worn out blue sofa.

I smiled at him, taking a seat next to him and watching lint and dust flop from the ancient chair. Truly, I am happy that him and Joe could make-up so easily. In other words sneaking around with him will be less of a burden now. Only if my parents were so understanding like their unthinkable son and daughter.

Nick's brown eyed coated mine and washed away all of my worries. Realising that my parents have no say in what my heart wants and as long as my heart has what it desires most, I frankly didn't give a fuck. Smiling into his eyes I shook head and leaped upon his lap, giggling hotly.

"I love you, Nick"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CHEESY (and rushed) haha well probably the only happy ending I'll ever write again. IT'S FINALLY FINISHED! WHOOT! WHOOT! Comment below please :D