chapter thirty-one

Nick's P.O.V

Eating a bowl of cereal in front of the t.v with my dad I wondered what he would do if I got arrested last night. Probably kick me out the house like he warned. I shook my head and finished the rest of my food. The bell rung and I got up to open it. Nicole was standing there in a flowery sundered, no make but a little eyeshade and massacre. She was 'cute' for the first time.

"hey Nick can we talk?"she ask politely.

"yea sure, come in"I say getting out of her way.

I closed the door behind her and sat the bowl down on the small shelf that was on the wall next to the door. "let's go to my room"I say scratching the back of my neck. I lead her up to my room and shut my door as she walked in and sat on my bed. I stayed by the door and watched her. Chewing her nails she glanced around my room nervously.

"it's finally neat in here, she makes you clean?"she ask staring up at me sadly.

I shook my head and walked over to my desk chair, pulling it and placing it in front of her. "c'mon, say what you have to say " I say at her.

She sigh and tears began to show in her eyes. I don't want to see her cry. "Nic, don't cry"I tell her and bring her in my arms while using her nickname everyone calls her.

"don't call me that!"she yells and push against me. Nicole stands up from my bed and cover her face in her hands, her body beginning to tremble.

"why are you doing this Nicole, what's wrong?"I ask pretending to be clueless.

My phone rungs from my nightstand and it played Demi's ringtone, she was calling me. This wasn't the time to talk her but I answered it anyway. "hello?"I ask turning away from Nicole.

"Miley said something is wrong with your breast or something?"she ask laughing softly into the receiver.

I laugh and shake my head 'no' as though she could see me.

"No, I'll talk to you later ok?"I reply after hearing a sob escape from the crying girl that stood here in my room.

"why can't you talk to me now babe?"she ask her voice lowering.

Running my hands frustratedly through my hair I sigh and look over my shoulder at Nicole.

"give me five minutes bro, I'll call you right back"I say and hang my phone up.

"I'm dead"I mutter and turn my phone off.

------

Nicole and I was sitting on my patio now. She had finally stopped crying and I told her I how I felt for Demi. She looked disgusted at first, then sad. Opening a jar of pickles I offered her one. She giggled and stuck her hand into the jar. I smiled politely back at her and reached in for one for me.

"so are we friends now?"she ask holding the dripping food away from her pretty dress. I shrug my shoulders stuffing the pickle in my mouth.

"do you want to?" I ask her. She smiled big, her eyes lighting up and nod her head like a child.

"yea I'd love that Nick"smiling awkwardly back at her I thought if how much more awkward this would be with Demi and her around at the same time. Girls are nothing but worry. I should listen to Joe now.

"but maybe you shouldn't bring your girlfriend to the party, like all your ex-sex buddies will be there not to mention Nina" she warns with a laugh. I laughed too, but it was a stressful laugh.

"thanks"I say standing up. Nicole stood also.

"no problem" she says then hug me. I awkwardly hugged her back and let go.

What did I just get myself into?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment. Vote. Fan. Please :)