Baby Steps

"While it is unfortunate that the young ms (l/n) has had such a bad reaction o the verataserum  nothing ilicit happened" Umbridge said to snape. Snape shot her a knowing glance but had to be impartial or lose his job.

"She seized and did not wake up for 2 days. I am simply  suggesting you find another method to question the students"

"Severus, my methods get result and i wont stop because of one bad reaction" Umbridge sai with a grin. Bring me some more verataserum, it's time to question ms.Chang"

Severus sighed and nodded. "Right away"

...

"We should talk..." Draco said quietly to (f/n)

"I dont want too, not yet. but we must" (f/n) responded.

Draco smiled weakly and handed her a bar of chocolate. She looked at him suspiciously and at the bar of chocolate. He looked at her apologetically

"Do you love me?" she asked straightfowardly

"Of course I do"

"than why did you kiss her? enterain her? Is it because she's younger than me?"

Draco was taken a back; how did she know about that? 

"i, Uh. Thats why I wanted to talk"

"You thought I wouldnt know? Draco I'm not blind nor death...there wre rumors nothing concrete though that got back to my ears. I thought it was just you being kind to the sick but intelligent student but then I saw you two. I saw you" she said it a second time more adamently

Draco put his head down in shame. She was right, comoketley right to be upset. He was a cheater

"And i know we werent on good terms bt the reason why we even took a break was so that you can gather and tell me how you feel. To tell me weather or not you want to continue having a relationship with me. How do you think it feels to see the man you love kiss another person that Isnt you? How am I supposed o el about that?  I am at fault yes but so are you" she paused and took a deep breath. " i know you broke it off. And i know it must have taken alot of courage to do so. Draco I want us to work and everyone is going to be let down or dissapointed but I love you. You are my one great love, in this life"

Dracos eyes perked up and he fell to his knees and took her hand.

"I want us to work too. Please we have too. You, your my great love too. I'll do anything to make it up to you"

(F/n) took a deep inhale "then we have to talk about our feelings, with mediation"

Draco scoffed "counseling?"

"Precisely. We can meet with my father"

Draco sighed but submitted "alright then anything else?" He asked with a smile.

"I need you. To be 100 percent honest with me. We need to be transparent with each other." (F/n) said while reaching for his hand.

Draco saw her reach and held iy sweetly. He gave her soft hand a squeeze

"I promise I will be 100 percent transparent with you from now on"

"Did you love her? Greengrass"

"I wouldnt call it that. We had a connection yes but you are my-"

"Yes or no? Did you love her?"

"Not like how I love you, (f/n)"

"So yes"

Draco held his breath for a second.

"Yes" he answered

(F/n) teared up and sat up pulling her hand away from Draco's. He shifted and looked her over wondering weather or not if he should have lied and told her no.

"I'm scared we arent going to make it. Together Draco. What if-"

Draco caught her sentence full of doubt off.

"We will, (f/n) we will"

"Okay, we will. Baby steps" she said sniffling

"Alright" he said with a bittersweet smile.

---