Countdown

A/N: Hey everyone!! My lovely editor wrote part of the last chapter because I was so stuck on it! Shes just amazing!! (': Any who, this chapter won't focus much on school and classes, it's more of a skip on a few key things that have been happening. This chapter also jumps around like a lot I hope it isn't too confusing.

With the ball approaching, (F/N) found herself becoming more and more paranoid about her mark showing. Thank God it was winter and long sleeves were appropriate, but she worried abut the coming seasons. Hiding her mark from Pansy proved more difficult than ever. Imagine once Voldemort returned! How visible was the mark made to be? She researched different concealing charms and though some worked for a few minutes, there was no permanent solution; or at least something that lasted over a half hour. Still, (F/N) was smart and she would find a way. She just felt guilty like she was lying to those closest to her; Ali for one who had become her best and most trusted friend and her handsome brother as well.

"How do you think I should style my hair with this dress?" Alison asked as she stared at herself in the mirror.

"Hmm, I think, a regal up do would do you good! It will bring out your cheekbones," (F/n) said and with her wand, she pointed it to Alison's head and her hair was done up, letting some of her natural waves down as the rest was pinned with a gold hair clip.

"Okay, you are officially a style guru," Ali said, giggling at (F/N).

"Well, not a guru yet, anyway," (F/N) responded back. "Do you think the other Slytherins are going to make fun of you because your going with George Weasely?" (F/N) asked a bit concerned.

"Well, so what if they do?" Alison asked calmly.

"Slytherins can be mean," her friend said, pulling form personal experience.

"I can be meaner," Ali responded with a grin.

“And I'll make sure their clothes are so messed up beyond recognition." (F/N) said with a laugh.

"Are you okay?" Ali asked looking up at her friend, away from the mirror.

"Yeah, I am there's just been a lot on my mind lately." The young witch sighed and rubbed her temple.

"I can tell...Do you want to talk about it?" Ali asked her best friend.

Yes, more then anything in the world I do!” (F/N) thought to herself for a moment. "I think I'll be alright, for now. Let's just focus on finding the perfect makeup for your dress, hmm?"

(F/N) stared at Ali's face for a while and tilted her head. "I think keeping an earthy gold toned smokey eye look will bring out your eye color, and gold tones look so nice against your skin tone!"

Ali smiled. "See, style guru, called it."

(F/N) laughed and practiced the makeup look on her friend. After a while, the raven-haired girl pulled away from Ali's face and smiled; she was blown away.

"Whoa! I can barley recognize myself!” Alison looked at herself in the mirror and moved around, looking at herself in different angles. “(F/N), how did you learn this skill?" The girls laughed with each other as they sat there in the room, but there were footsteps approaching.

"Makeup is for muggles," an annoying but recognizable voice said. It was Pansy, of course.

The two witches turned to her, and Alison could barely contain her disgust. "You're just jealous," (F/N) said rolling her eyes, "even with makeup, Draco still won't love you."

Pansy's cheeks flushed red with anger and she reached for her wand. "You're still an unwanted bastard!" Pansy retorted. Ali stood up but (F/N) patted her shoulder reassuringly.