Shared Moments

The long day of classes had ended, and it was now dinner time for the students. Instead of being the talk of the school for being a bastard (F/N) was now a hero, and Slytherin was lucky to have her. (F/N) sat beside her new circle of friends; Alison, Colin and Jasper, who at her arrival, stood up and clapped.

   "Not even one week into the new year and you have already put Slytherin as top class." Alison applauded with a grin.

   "Thank you for the praise but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary," (F/N) blushed as she sat down at the table.

    "Don't be so modest! You're a Slytherin," Draco said, inserting himself into their conversation, "and you were remarkable. You're quick and elegant, you're absolutely amazing. Nice thinking on your feet, too."

   (F/N) blushed looking at the prefect, and Ali rolled her eyes in slight disgust. Only toward Malfoy; she and him didn't get along so well.

  "What do you want, Malfoy?" Alison snapped.

   "I just want to talk to our house's most promising witch," he replied with a plastered smile.

   (F/N) flinched. "We are all gifted witches and wizards here, please don't make me any more different then what I already am," (F/N) retorted. "Is there something you need from me, Draco?"

  "A word is all,"

  The new girl straightened her posture.

  "Of course."

   "Don't forget about later." A sweet and short reminder.

   "How can I?"

     Draco smirked and walked back to his seat. Ali blinked confused and so did the rest of her circle.

    "Something you want to tell us?" Ali asked, and (F/N) nodded reluctantly
"Prefect Malfoy asked me to be his date to the Yule Ball, and after dinner he wants to meet me by the lake."
Jasper arched a brow.

   "He's not going to steal you away from us that easily," Jasper said with a frown.

   "I beg your pardon?" (F/N) asked  surprised.

   "Malfoy is, well, he's a mean person. He probably has some motive as to why he wants to meet you personally and take you to the Yule Ball. He is selfish, a bully and you should just be careful. He might be up to no good."

  (F/N) gulped not feeling very hungry anymore. Alison sighed and patted her back.

   "Listen, you are a great witch and a nice girl. So what we've seen from him, we just don't want you to get hurt alright?"

       (F/N) feigned a smile and nodded as if she understood. She didn't in fact, she was a little annoyed; what made them think that Draco just didn't like her personally that he had his own motives? Granted they had known him longer, but there was a chance he might actually like her.

      The rest of dinner she was silently nodding or responding with fake laughter, and once she finished picking at her plate, she excused herself. (F/N) ran up to the girls dormitory to grab her wand, fixed her (H/L) hair and applied just the slightest amount of mascara and lip gloss. Hopefully he wouldn't notice that she had tried to look her best for him.

   (F/N) snuck out as silently as she could, making her way down the grassy hill and toward the lake. Sure enough, there he was.

      "Fancy meeting you here," she said shyly as she approached him.

      Draco turned away from the water and grinned at her. "I could say the same. (F/N) to be frank, I am very intrigued by you, and I would love nothing more then to get to know you better."

     (F/n) blinked blushing at his forwardness "As friends?" She asked a lump forming in her throat.

   "Well, maybe, but I think it could become something more than that, don't you agree?”

    "Ex-excuse me?" (F/N) blinked, a bit confused, "you don't know me and I don't know you."

    "Well that's why I said 'maybe', and not asked for your hand in marriage," he laughed, "my parents always taught me true love doesn't exist. That it's made up. But they did teach me how to be a gentleman. Good manners, great talent, and excellent breeding. You have all of those qualities."

  (F/N)'s soft expression changed to a cold sneer. She scoffed at him. "Good breeding? Qualities? I'm sorry, are you picking out a pet dog or something? I'm not an animal, I am a human young lady with feelings."

   "Yes, I know this but-"

   "No, no. Let me finish! A young lady with feelings that you just insulted! Your parents may have taught you that love doesn't exist and that a marriage is all about politics, but mine didn't. My mother instilled great sensibility in me, and that sir, was just offensive."

   Draco's eyes widened; this wasn't going at all how he planned! He was a Malfoy, she should have melted in her shoes once he had confessed to her.

   "Alright, I apologize. My words were insensitive, but unlike you, I was never taught romance. So what do you want me to do? How do you want me to ask?" He shifted uncomfortably before her.

   (F/N) sighed and closed her eyes for a moment, taking a breath. Maybe she was too harsh on him. "Well, you can start my holding my hand," she said as her sweet smile returned to her face. Draco grinned and kissed her hand first before taking it; a true gentleman.

"Now, what shall you like to do, Ms.(F/N)?" Draco asked coolly.

"We can walk around the lake and talk."

"Sounds wonderful," he quipped.

"It should be."

---

  After what only had felt like minutes, (F/N) had saw the sun beginning to set. She gasped and pulled her hand away from his, smiling at him apologetically.

   "We should get back, wouldn't want to miss curfew. Especially since your the prefect and all, you need to set an example," she teased.

   Draco smiled and nodded, taking her hand again and squeezing it softly; they were so smooth against his own. "You're right, lets get going," he agreed.

     They began to walk back toward the castle, only silence between them as the young girl looked up at the bright lights. "Yes, my answer is yes," she had suddenly blurted out.

   "Beg your pardon?"

  "Yes to being courted by you. And you can count this as our first date."

   Draco smiled. "I'm glad you made up your mind so easily," he beamed. (F/N) chuckled and rested her head on his arm as they walked back to the Slytherin common area.

   "Well, tomorrow then? Same place and time?" Draco asked her in a gentle tone.
"Yes, same place, same time." He walked her to the entry way of the female dormitory. Of course he couldn't enter, so she stood right at the entryway. She blushed and looked him in his blue crystalline eyes. "Tomorrow then," she repeated, her cheeks beginning to become hot.

    Draco chuckled and stroked her cheek. 

   "You are very cute, you know," he said softly.

   This made her face brighten even further. Draco leaned in and kissed her lips softly. (F/N) returned the kiss, her cheeks red with embarrassment.

"Goodnight then."

"Goodnight."

  Draco watched her walk up the stairs to her dorm and let out a small sigh.

---
A/N: Edited by @Tinalbion