Letters among Dissapointments

Severus,

This does sound like a matter of discussion, though this is not the outcome the Dark Lord had wanted, this still is a good one. Draco will not be alone in his school and now has a peer that shares the same faith. She does not know how much of a gift it is to have been mistaken for her mother, and it seems as if you aren't aware of it, either.

On that note, (F/N) being here must mean that Clarissa is here as well. This is an excellent opportunity for her to answer to her crimes of desertion to the cause. With this being said, I hope your daughter is as firm in our faith as you are. I will let Draco know that (F/N) should become one of his trusted friends.

Lucius Malfoy

------------

Lucius,

Though I understand the point of view you offer, I simply do not think that it is morally correct to force (F/N) into our cause. She was not raised to believe in it, nor does she know any of our laws, or understands the gravity of it. There is no question of my loyalty to the Dark Lord, but she was raised in a world completely outside of it; a world that stigmatizes us and our society. Her being forced into it will only complicate things further for us. This being so, I feel that though she has the mark, she shouldn't participate in coordinating or carrying out missions, nor should she collaborate with us. To be frank, my daughter is a risk to all that we hold dear to us, a risk that because of Bellatrix's carelessness we must take into consideration.

Severus Snape

------------

Dear Severus,

What are you implying, Severus? What are you suggesting? That we get rid of the risk? That we kill her to ensure our cause and society goes on without compromise?

Lucius Malfoy

-------------------

Dear Lucius,

Of course I am not suggesting we dispose of my only child! I am suggesting that we speak to the Dark Lord to see where she fits in. My personal and professional opinion is to have her live her life burden free. Clarissa is here, meaning that (F/N) should not be held accountable for her mothers' desertion.

Do not get me wrong, she is a very talented and powerful witch at her age, but if she does not share our values, she should not be forced to live them. Of course this is the Dark Lord's decision.

Severus Snape

--------------

Severus,

This girl, who you claim to be your child with Clarissa- a deserter- does not deserve the chance to prove herself worthy to the Dark Lord? This is the chance to have Clarissa clear her family's name. I feel she should e responsible for that, and I do not have an ounce of doubt that the Dark Lord will share my opinion. You need to except that (F/N) is more than likely going to be one of us.

This is a good thing Severus; your daughter working with us, I assure you it will be. People have had their doubts about your loyalty, if you bring this to the Dark Lord, it will make those doubt vanish. I understand your concerns because they are valid ones, but the others may not understand. As a favor to, you I will not speak word of this conversation to anyone unless you decide to.

Lucius Malfoy

------------------

Severus sighed as his eyes glazed over the last letter, his hands clamping down onto the parchment. He had to speak to her about all of this, she deserved the truth about her mark, she deserved to know everything. But thinking of how they were slowly mending the bond between them, it would completely shatter by the end of today. He turned in his chair, away from his desk, staring out at the sky through the stained glass. 'She is going to despise me,' he thought to himself.

After a few solemn moments of silence, Severus heard several light knocks on the door, and he called out permission to enter. It was (F/N) who opened the door. "Well, it is Saturday morning and I am here,” she said quietly.

"Have a seat, (F/N). What we will discuss today is not anything of joy, so if you need a moment to compose yourself, please feel free to speak up," Snape said seriously. The girl closed the door behind her and took a seat as she was told.

What seemed like ages, the young girl's expression went from emotionless to completely devastated. Snape didn't force her to try and contain her cries as she burst into tears, she was right to do so, he would give her that. Passersby could hear her weeping within the office, and it would be difficult to contain any wild stories that would circulate throughout the school. After what seemed like forever, Snape sat there, staring at the young girl who looked so much like him, but there was no denying that he could see the face of Clarissa in her features.

'Become a Death Eater, or my mother dies,' she thought. She whipped her head up and stared at him with her glassy large eyes, tears still flowing freely down her face. "I hate you, I hope you know that I hate you. Why did this have to happen? I hate them!" She cried into her hands.

Snape quickly made his way to her side and held his daughter as she cried. “I'm sorry, I wish i had better news..."

A/N: Edited by @Tinalbion