The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [7]

Reed P.O.V

My alarm went off but I didn’t move, I hadn’t slept a wink. I was thinking about the phone call I’d had with Dom last night. Janine had packed up the rest of her things and moved out the house; I guess they were truly over this time, because she left her engagement ring behind. Obviously I was gutted for my stepfather, but at the same time it meant me and Jack could be happy in the future. We weren’t going to be stepsiblings.

I hadn’t called Jack to tell him the news, I assumed his mum would tell him like Dom had told me. Dom had given me and Jack his blessing to be together happily and for wherever our relationship may go from here, but I didn’t think it was a good time to tell him we were engaged to be engaged. I was an adult I could do what I wanted but I didn’t want to lose the respect of my father. Stepfather.

I pressed the snooze on my alarm, and lay back down. I wasn’t going into lecture today, I just didn’t feel like it. Besides these last few days Leah had been waiting for me outside every single one of my lectures and it was getting annoying seeing her face all the time. She didn’t seem to understand that Jack meant so much to me, and she really hurt me.

I spent most of my free time hanging around with my flatmates or having coffee with Eli. Zeke had decided to take Leah side, and Kelly was to busy with her dance rehearsals and her new friends to have time for me anymore. I hope she was enjoying herself, and the new guy, Zeke’s roommate, Dolton. They would make a cute couple.

There was a knock on my door, I called letting them know they could come in. I smiled when Kelly’s head poked around the door. Speak of the devil, I thought before smiling at her. I patted the bed next to me and she did a running nosedive and landed not so gracefully. I laughed rolling over to look at her. She was very beautiful, I’d thought this since the moment I met her.

Me, Zeke and Leah had been having some Leah fun time, a crazy water, flour and egg fight. I remember hiding out in Kelly’s front garden and her spotting me. Her beauty had amazed me then and it still does now. And being bisexual I could appreciate the beauty in both sexes. If I hadn’t known Jack or Gemma, then I think I would have definitely liked Kelly.

“Hey Kel, how comes your not dancing or whatever?” I asked.

“Because, you are more important than doing some stupid routine that I already know. I haven’t seen you in a while and every time I’m with Leah or Zeke you don’t want to hang out?”

“Yeah well that’s their own fault”

“Maybe if you spoke to them, they could explain what they know”

My head snapped up at her words… ice ran down my spine and I tried to read Kelly’s eyes but all I could see was sincerity and truth. Leah and Zeke knew something I don’t… I sighed, I mean Jack must have told me and maybe I’d forgotten… right? Or maybe he hadn’t told me to protect me…

“It has something to do with New York” Kelly whispered.

Hayden’s voice rang through my mind “Jack, Reed deserves to know, I think you should tell him”. Jack had told me they were talking about collaborating with Theo… had he lied to me, again. I nodded my head, I had given Jack many chances to tell me what was going on, now I find out that stuff happened in New York. I was determined; I was going to find out everything.

“Okay, let me shower and then I’ll go talk to them” I said, you could hear the sadness in my voice, weighing it down, making me sound depressed.

Kelly nodded and pulled out her phone. I stepped into the shower lathering up my skin whilst I thought things over. Say if what Jack did in New York was so terrible that I couldn’t be with him anymore? Say if it killed our relationship? Would it even be true? As I was rinsing off I heard shouting and door slamming.