The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [4]

Jack P.O.V

I was strumming on my guitar trying to get focused my music teacher sat with me getting frustrated, because I kept messing up. I gritted my teeth trying my hardest not to have a go at him. But right now I had more pressing matters at hand. I should just come clean to Reed, I should just tell him about New York, he would understand right?...

Urgh no of course he wouldn't that's why I hadn't told him in the first place, just no, I couldn't bring myself to do it. We were too happy I didn't want to ruin. I slammed my guitar down in frustration. Coming to California was supposed to be a fresh start; Hayden and me were supposed to start again. And now I was dragging him down again, I knew this time was different.

Hayden had sacrificed a lot for me, he wasn't so keen on moving to California in the first place, but I talked him into it and now he loved it. I looked at my watch and saw I was going to be late for practice. College ball was on a completely different level to high school, the fouls were dirtier and the game was at a much rougher and intense pace.

I had no idea when the actual season started but I had a feeling it would be soon. I hoped Reed would come to my matches, I knew I'd play better if he was there. Reed. Something had upset him last night, he wouldn't tell me what but I knew there was something wrong. He wasn't his usual chirpy self and he hadn't once mentioned his friend's even though I knew they were all at roller-skating together.

I wondered if he'd had a falling out with them. I thanked my music teacher before packing up my stuff. I hurriedly left my guitar and music sheets in my car as I raced towards the field. I saw the guys were already changed and doing a light jog around the pitch. Coach looked up as he heard my footsteps.

"Your late Nickels, hurry up and get dresses and then run 5 laps"

"Yes coach" I muttered, walking to the boy's locker room to get ready.

I opened the door and looked round, something about the blue lockers in front of me reminded me of high school, my senior year and we didn't make it to the championships. Not this year, we were going to win the college ball championships. I needed to win a championship. I changed quickly and raced out onto the field. I burned through my 5 laps with ease and came to stop in front of coach smiling.

He didn't want to seem impressed, but I caught the smirk in the corner of his mouth. Practice went on for a good couple hours. There must have been about 15mins left when I saw her slightly out the way, leaning under a lamppost watching me. I stared at her, and got tackled because I was momentarily distracted.

"Nickels get your head in the game!" coach yelled.

Hayden helped me up off the floor, before we lined up again. I shook my head ignoring her; I knew she wasn't going to go anywhere she was here for me. We practiced the move again, before coach made us run cool down laps, and stretch. I didn't even look her way as I followed the rest of the team into the locker room.

Hayden walked beside me silently, I wondered if he'd seen her too. I got changed ignoring the nonsense babble coming from the rest of the team. My mind was trying to think fast, working out how I could make sure Reed was never involved in this. When we got changed Hayden headed for the car park, clearly he hadn't seen her.

I tugged on his arm "No this way" I muttered.

"Why?"

I just nodded my head towards her dark silhouette. A frown crossed his mouth and he sighed, hiking his bag higher up onto his shoulder. We walked towards her, you couldn't see her face but I knew she'd have a cat like grin on her lips. I stopped a foot in front of her, disdain on my face.