The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [23]

Jack P.O.V

I woke up in a tangled mess with Leah and Reed. I stretched, my body stiff and sore from that horribly uncomfortable sleep. I went into Reed's bathroom swigging some mouthwash around my mouth before going back into the room. I sat on the chair, my phone in my hands just it twisting round and around.

I missed Hayden. He couldn't be dead, he couldn't. But it was the only thing that made sense Mr. De Rossi had been threatening to kill us for months now, it was a wonder we'd lasted this long. Even though I knew he wouldn't pick up I dialed Hayden's phone again. I sat with the phone against my ear listening to it ring out.

I got his voicemail. The sound of his voice made me feel even guiltier, I felt like it should've been me that was dead and not him. I chewed on my lip watching Reed and Leah sleep. It was so selfish of me to drag Hayden to California, so I could win back Reed's heart. I never should have come to Reed with this danger following me this dark cloud over my head.

I had already lost Hayden I wasn't going to lose Reed too. I would do anything to keep him safe. Leah rolled over then, murmuring something in her sleep, she hissed frustrated before curling up and going back to sleep. I watched them sleep for another 50 minutes before Reed yawned stretching out hitting Leah in the face. She moaned waking up like a startled cat.

"I'm so sorry Leah" Reed said reaching out to rub her nose.

"It's fine it doesn't hurt," she said pressing her face back in the pillow.

Red sat up, spotting me sitting in his chair by the desk. He looked at me worriedly "How long have you been awake Jack?"

"About an hour" I shrugged.

Leah rolled in the bed now struggling to grab her phone "Oh shit it's 10am!" she yelled "I'm late to lecture. Crap fxck. I have to go I haven't been in days"

She jumped out of the bed scrambling to put on her shoes. She ran her fingers threw her hair before throwing her coat on. "Last night was fun guys. Later" and with that she ran out of the room. We heard her cussing as she hurried to get to her class.

"Do you have class Reed?" I asked him.

He nodded "Not until 2pm, but I probably wont go. I haven't missed a lecture yet so I can stay here with you if you like"

"You goodie two-shoes" I teased, "Yeah well it's my day off today but I have football training later... but then coach will ask me where Hayden is. What do I say? I think he's dead? He's not even a missing person yet it hasn't even been 24hours"

"Jack why do you think he's dead? Why would Mariah's dad benefit from killing him? You guys still owe him money. Hayden is probably with some chick right blowing off steam"

"He's dead Reed," I said solemnly

"Why are you so sure? What have you guys done now?"

I bit my lip, and then I sighed. I had to tell him even though it was going to change his opinion of me I had to tell him about Jason, about the ongoing debt and why I knew Hayden was dead. He was going to get angry, he was going to leave me. I was going to appear as a different person in his eyes. I looked at my boyfriend one last time, I knew after I told him everything would be different.

I got off the chair and crawled over to him, I smashed my lips against his. I didn't care about his morning breath I didn't care that he wasn't expecting it. I kissed him deeply and roughly pouring all my urgency and insecurities into the kiss. I kissed him with passion with fire; I kissed him until he was out of breath and looking at me dazed.