The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [28]

Reed P.O.V

I walked into lecture early, assignment completed and ready for presentation. Eli sat behind his desk, his face in his hands his shoulders tense and frigid. I walked up to him gently placing my hand on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and looked at me confused before he realized who I was.

"Reed... what are you doing here?" he said.

"Class is starting soon Eli"

He gave a massive sigh. He looked tired and ill I stood by his desk awkwardly.

"Thank you" I whispered.

He turned to look at me "For what?"

"For going to the police. I didn't thank you, and I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for what you done. Jack too. You lied to the police and saved my life, saved all of our lives. I can't repay you enough Eli"

Eli just gave me a small smile "Just pass my class Reed, that'll be thanks enough"

I chuckled; watching him try to laugh to but it didn't reach his eyes. I looked him over properly; there was something so different about him so closed off. He wasn't sleeping and I doubted he was eating. I bit my lip looking at my friend. Friend. I knew then I couldn't pretend something wasn't up with him Eli was my friend.

"Come on" I said nudging him "Get up! You look miserable and I'm taking you out for food"

"Reed" he scolded me.

"Shush Eli. For once let me be the grown up here, and for once it can be you rambling about your feelings instead of me"

"What about class Reed?"

"Cancel it. You're an excellent lecturer, we wont fall behind if we miss just ONE day"

He shook his head and I heard him mumble something about giving into temptation and me being a pushy bastard. I watched him pack his desk before he scribbled a quick note cancelling class. We pinned it to the door before locking it and heading towards Eli's car. He threw me the keys and my eyes widened.

"What?" he asked innocently "I'm the teenager today, which means you drive"

I laughed. I loved Eli's obnoxious car. It growled as I threw it in reverse.

"Woooohooooo!" I shouted hitting the freeway at speed.

Gemma P.O.V

Leah's exposé was mean, and it was the final straw. But was it true? I bit my lip wondering if I should call her and check if she was alright. Would she even answer? Did she blame me for all that was happening? I shook my head and lifted my fist banging on the dormitory door in front of me.

José answered the door, surprised flitted across his face quickly followed by wariness. I put my hands on my hips and glared at him. I looked at him top to bottom, how could he get to live a nice peaceful life when he worked tirelessly to ruin others?

"Gemma Nickels. What a surprise, what are you doing here?"

"You wrote an exposé on a good friend of mine" I snarled.

"Oh, that. Yes it was a great piece had more reads than your own exposure"

I just smirked at him; I bet he was expecting that to bother me, for me to treat it like a popularity contest. Well the old Gemma would have but not the new Gemma. Ben was getting sick of defending me, it was taking a toll of our relationship, and we hadn't had s3x in almost 3 weeks.

Granted one of those weeks I was fretting about Jack and my ex boyfriend being shot at, that and Christmas deadlines forced me to put s3x on the back burner but for only ONE week. Ben just didn't seem interested in me anymore and I knew it was because of this whole José deal gone bad thing.