The Quarterback's Gigolo: College [boyxboy] [29]

Hayden P.O.V

I stood outside her building. The temperature in California was really dropping and I didn't like it. Christmas was around the corner, school broke up at the end of the week and I couldn't wait to get out. My mum had gone back to New York finally, Jack and I were still in the 'safe house' there had been nothing on the De Rossi front.

The door opened and Leah ushered me inside. She'd texted me earlier in the day begging for me to come over. I followed her up to her flat and into her room, there was another female sitting on the bed. I raised my eyebrow, was she suggesting a threesome?

"I'd better go, give you space to talk" the girl said. She gave Leah a tight hug before smiling sympathetically at me, and then she left.

I looked back to Leah who was looking at the door after the female "That was Jessica" she whispered, still not looking at me.

I didn't have anything to say so I didn't say anything. Eventually Leah turned her head to look at me, I could see tears in her eyes. What was wrong? Why was Jessica even here? Was Leah still seeing her? My heart thundered in my chest as I looked at Leah and saw that she had been seeing her still.

"Leah?"

"Jessica saw the exposé, we met up this morning to talk about it. She was really hurt"

I nodded "Of course she would be, so what did you tell her?"

"I told her that it was over with you... or that it would be"

I froze her words hitting me like a ton of bricks. "What happened?" I asked her.

"What?"

"What happened? In the hospital you were all over me telling me you wanted to be by my side, the other day when Reed was there you basically confessed to having feelings for me. So what happened?"

"Hayden it's not that something happened. I just I can't be with you"

"Why not?"

"I'M A LESBIAN!" she shouted "I should've never had sex with you, it was a mistake that I regret"

Pain hit me hard like it had given me whiplash. A mistake she regretted? I worked on getting my emotions in check, I made every single ounce of hurt drain from my face till there was no emotion left even my eyes were cold and glassy.

"A mistake?"

"No I didn't mean it like that Hayden. I'm sorry please. I just-"

I cut her off not wanting to hear anymore "Stop"

"Hayden..."

"You still want me so I don't understand why you're choosing her?"

"I didn't want you I wanted what you provided, I wanted your s3x"

"Do you understand what you're saying? Why are you saying these things Leah? I want you" I said confused.

"Well I want to be with Jessica, I don't want you"

That one hurt, again. I nodded my head and walked out of her room. I thought I didn't have feelings for Leah but I was wrong. The pain in my chest right now was telling me I was wrong. I had totally caught feelings, deep ones. And now she had chosen someone else. She didn't want me.

I couldn't digest the fact that she didn't want me, the information felt foreign to me. I thought back to our sessions, to the hospital, to the gym, to the beach, to us. I gasped realizing I had gotten myself in too deep. I couldn't be around her not anymore. Not after that, she'd actually hurt me.