Chapter 38

Chapter 38: A Very Big Surprise

~Song Half Life by Duncan Sheif~

~JULIA'S POV~

"Everyone be quiet and hide!! They're coming up!" I yelled at everyone.

We were all here to surprise Sylvie and Harry. I knew the boys were coming to LA because Niall told me everything. I'm so happy for Sylvie and Harry but in some ways I really wish Niall proposed to me..I mean I am the one who had his baby 3 years ago. He hasn't even asked me for a ring size or anything and I can't wait around forever.

I heard Sylvie's jingling keys in the lock and she opened the door.

"Why is it so freakin' dark in here? Hahaha."

I turned the lights on.

"SURPRISE!!"

"WAHH! HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS!" Sylvie jolted back.

Hahahaha she always got so scared. I rushed towards them.

"Oh my God. You guys you didn't have to do this! And now I'm gonna cry again!!" She giggled with little cry hiccups.

"I can't believe this is really happening Sylvie. I'm so happy for you guys!! Aghhhhh this SHAMAZING!" I hugged her.

We al laughed. I turned to Harry.

"And you, thank God you finally came around. She wouldn't shut up!!" I hugged Harry.

We all got together to say hi to everyone and we had everything all set up. It was definitely the perfect engagement party. Nothing could have made it any better. If I do say so myself. Everyone brought gifts and there were balloons and wine everywhere. I wanted to make this super special for them.

We all say down at the table for food.

Sylvie stood up and tapped her glass with her knife funnily. She was always goofing off. Everyone giggled.

"I just wanted to say how amazing it is to see everyone. I'm so happy you guys are all here. You have no idea. Julia, you are the most SHAMAZING friend in the world, and you threw the best engagement party ever. Everything is perfect. I know we all had a tough time 3 years ago but we're all together now. We're family again. And look we have a new family member added on."

And she smiled and gestured to Charlie sitting between me at the head and Niall at the other side of Charlie.

Then Niall looked at me winked and I smiled back. He stood up and everyone looked at him. Harry suddenly grinned a very wide grin and gave a little thumbs up to Niall. My heart pounded.

"Julia, I actually have one thing that'll make this night better. I love you and I want to be with you and Charlie the rest of my life. I want to grow old with you. I want to add on to this family. You are my one and only Julia. So in front of our best of friend I would like to ask," He got down on one knee. My eyes started to water. "Will you do me th honor Julia? Of being my wife? Will you marry me?"

My heart pounded and I was crying. My words stuttered....