Chapter 33

Chapter 33: How Could You Do This?

~Song Last Kiss by Taylor Swift~

"And I hope the sun shines, And it's a beautiful day. And something reminds you, you wish you had stayed. You can plan for a change in weather and time. But I never planned on you changing your mind. Your name is forever the name on my lips. Just like our last kiss."

~HARRY'S POV~

**A few weeks later**

Today was the day. We were meeting everyone back at Louis and Eleanor's flat. Everyone knew. Except for Sylvie. Julia wanted to tell her herself. I don't know if I could handle this. It was gonna break Sylvie's heart. And the fact that I knew. I won't be surprised if she says she never wants to speak to me again. I don't think I'll be able to handle the look on her face. Sylvie and Eleanor were already there. The boys and I had a recording this morning and said we'd meet them there. We were getting together for a nice lunch altogether since we had all been away. 

"Relax Harry. Everything's gonna be fine." Louis said as we were driving back.

"She's gonna fucking hate me Lou. I know she will."

"She loves you. She's not gonna hate you."

"I don't know if I can do this." I sighed.

We drove some more in silence. What if they've already told her? I thought to myself. Shit I really hope they haven't. I won't have time to explain myself. We arrived at the complex. My heart was pounding so hard. I breathed, louder than I had intended to apparently.

A hand was placed on my neck,

"Everything will be fine." Zayn said.

"Seriously, just take it easy. You'll have time to explain yourself, just be easy with her." Liam said.

I waited in the car while they got out. Niall was still there. He too placed his hand on my neck.

"It'll be okay."

Funny how they all just know it'll be okay. None of them have ever been in this position. I mean of course Niall's position is a lot harder than mine. But none of the rest knew what this feeling was like. Nothing was making me feel any better. 

We walked toward the door. We got closer and closer and my heart beat pounded so hard with each and every step. We got in and I was struck with the smell of cooking food. And I heard laughter. She hadn't been told yet. A relief was suddenly put over my body but then I was also struck with the anticipation of waiting for when she will be told. And that was the worst. Waiting is always the worst part. Everything's been going so well for her. I thought. It'll all be ruined.

"Harry!" She said excitedly.

"Hi my love, I missed you. How was your family?"

I kissed her cheek.

"They're great! So wish they could've met with you but other than that they were just great! So glad they've finally seen me. It's been forever."

"That's really great baby." I tried my best to smile.

"Oh! And I told them about the whole record deal with Ed and how I'll be staying here then and you should have seen the excitement in their faces."

My heart sank.

"I knew they would." 

I can't take this. Please just get it over with already.

It was about another agony of an hour before we finally sat down to eat. I was trying so hard to hide my feelings. Apparently I have been doing a good job.

We sat down and we ate and everything was all good and then Julia's look changed. My heart sped up. Here goes everything we've ever had.

"Sylvie, um I need to tell you something!"

"Alright..haha."

"I don't know how you're going to take this. But don't freak out..please."

"What is it?"

"..I'm having a baby."

She was silent for a moment then smirked and picked up more food on her fork. Everyone was silent.

"Ahahahaha, nice joke. You seriously had me going there for a second."

"I'm not joking Sylv.."

"Jules, c'mon. I'm not stupid. Enough, it's not that funny."

Julia slightly shook her head no and stared at her. Sylvie's fork fell to her plate making a shattering noise.

"No, No. Th-this isn't happening. Seriously, this isn't funny." 

Tears were welling up in her eyes. My heart was slowly breaking. This was so terrible. I should have told her myself when I had the chance.

"I wanted to tell you sooner. I just, I didn't know how. I'm so sorry Sylvie. But don't worry...we've got it all figured out. I promise. We're gonna go back home, and I'm gonna have the baby and it'll be like none of this ever happened. I promise. And everything with Ed is fine. Harry talked to him and he understands. He'll be in LA soon and you guys can record from there on. Everything will be alright I promise."

She turned to me. Tears strolling down her face.

"You knew?!" She cried.

"Please, Sylvie. Let me explain."

"I-I don't wanna hear it."  

She started to walk away. I stood up and ran in front of her. I pulled her in my arms.

"Please Sylvie. Please."

"Let me go Harry." 

She firmly pushed me away. Tears strolling down her face. I didn't resist. I was letting her slip away. And before I knew it she was gone. The door slammed behind her. I clenched my fists. I started towards the door when a small soft hand stopped me.

"Let her go Harry. It's what's for the best. She'll come around I know she will. Give her time." Julia spoke. 

Her hands on my stomach. My head was turned to the side. I couldn't look her in the face. I looked down and saw the tiny baby bump forming. Tears welled up in my eyes. And I ran to the balcony where Sylvie had first opened up to me. I sat down and put my head between my knees. I'll never forget her. I can't let her go. I love her.