Chapter 31

Chapter 31: The News

~Song To Close For Comfort by McFly~

~HARRY'S POV~

"Do you know Firefly?" Ed asked Sylvie as they were sitting on the floor singing. 

Ed had been over since earlier this afternoon. We've been writing and singing since then but I have to admit it's really fun! Sylvie literally knew almost every one of Ed's songs. And they sounded amazing together. 

"Yes!!! That's one of my favorites!" She replied.

"Babe, you've said that about every single song.." I said in return.

We all laughed because it was true. She literally loved every single one of his songs.

"Well, it's true!!" She remarked, the started to ask, "So how many songs have we done?"

"We've written about 3." He said.

"Hahaha Jesus. Seems like we've written a lot more." She said.

"Well, we've been at non-stop for about 5 hours now." He said.

"So, how do you like her voice?" I turned to Ed.

"I think we should record a song together at least, and it's great writing with you guys. I think this could work out.."

"Holy shit. This…this isn't real." She laughed.

We all laughed in reply to her.

"It's very real. I want you to sing with me." He said.

The expression on her face made my feelings go raging. To see her this happy. I'm so glad this all worked out, but more so it means she'll have to stay here recording for now while Ed's in England. And if they go touring together we'll be able to understand each other's situations so it won't be as difficult.

Just then my phone started to buzz. It was Julia. What? Why would she be calling me? I thought. I excused myself from the room so I could answer the phone and I went downstairs. Sylvie was busy being all excited anyway to mind.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Oh my God, Harry." She replied.

She was crying.

"Julia? What's going on?"

"Please, Harry. I don't know what to do or how to tell Niall or Sylvie." 

She was rambling on.

"Julia, what's going on?" I said firmly.

My heart was starting to pound.

"I'm…..I'm pregnant.." She said her voice was wobbling. 

"Oh my God." I breathed.

This isn't happening. Why is she telling me? What the hell am I supposed to do? What's Sylvie gonna say? What's this going to do to Niall? 

"Please, I don't what to do. How do I tell Niall?"

"Are you keeping the baby?"

"Yes…..I could never have an abortion. It's a baby for God sake."

"Calm down. Just breathe. Um you just have to tell him. But I mean have you thought about what this would do to him?"

"I have and I don't wanna leave him, but I know I'm going to have to before it gets worse." She sobbed. 

There was silence between us. I didn't know what to say or how to handle this.

"Please Harry, don't tell Sylvie. I don't want to ruin any of this for her."

"I….I can't do that to her. I have to tell her.."

"Please." She pleaded.

I gave in. I didn't want to ruin anything for her either.

"Alright I won't. But you have to tell Niall before it's too late."

"I will. I just don't know how or when."

"Do it now Julia. And just say exactly what you're thinking. And that you love him and you're willing to do whatever's right. But having an abortion is not an option for you."

"Thank you so much Harry, you have no idea how much this means." She cried.

"Yeah, no problem." 

I hung up. Fuck. Everything just has to go wrong doesn't it? I tried to put a smile back on my face and I walked back up to the room where Ed and Sylvie were.

"Who was that babe?"

"Oh, it was just um mum asking if Ed was staying for dinner." I lied.

"I'm afraid I can't. I have to get back! But I'll definitely being seeing you guys soon."

"Yes, most definitely!" She said cheerily.

She was so happy. I couldn't ruin this moment for her. Ed packed up his stuff and we all walked downstairs to walk him out.

"It was so great to meet you, and we'll be in touch. My numbers in your phone and I have yours." He said as he hugged her.

"Yes, thank you I had so much fun! And I honestly can't wait." She hugged back.

"Thank you man. It's great to have you back home. Hit me up and we can all go get beers somewhere soon."

"Yes, will do. See you later."

He left and we closed the door behind him. My heart started to pound. I could feel my facial expressions changing and I didn't want Sylvie to notice.

Sylvie turned to me,

"Thank you so much!! Literally, I couldn't have asked for anything better. Best day of my life and you made it happen. I love you so much!" She squealed while gripping my waist.

"Of course baby, anything for you. I love you too." I said smiling trying to hide what I really wanted to tell her.

This day couldn't have been more worse.