Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Was Not Expecting You

~Song Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap~

~NIALL'S POV~

We arrived at this little tea and coffee place in Central London. I was really surprised we weren't attacked by a lot of paparazzi. I mean there were some but not a lot. I had a feeling they were all surrounding Harry. We had a couple of girls stop us and a photographer shooting us from a far but that's about it! It gave me relief. Just then I received a text which confirmed what was going on.

"Were just surrounded by the paps. Sylvie even told them off....this girl amazes me in every way possible.~Harry"

I laughed at this. She didn't. Wow. That is amazing. The first time she's probably ever been surrounded by the paparazzi and she tells them off right away. I think Harry's found himself a keeper. Just then Julia interrupted my thoughts.

"What's so funny?!" She asked intently.

"Haha Harry just texted me to say how the paparazzi were surrounding him and Sylvie and Sylvie told them off herself."

"Hahahaha oh my God."

"That's what I said!"

"I'm honored to say that that's my best friend."

"Hahahaha, I'm honored to say you're my girlfriend."

She went red and she just giggled.

"So what do you want my love?"

"Mmm what's good here?!"

"Everything!"

"Hahaha only you, the food machine would say that everything's good."

"Hahaha I can't deny it. That is very true!"

"Mm, surprise me."

"I will most definitely try!"

"I'm gonna hold that against you."

"Hahahaha you would." I smirked.

I walked over to the till to order our drinks. It felt so good to back here in Europe again. Sure I wasn't in Ireland but I was technically back "home". I can't wait to go back home though for real. Maybe I can take Julia with me. Maybe I'll run it by her today...I'm sure she'd love it over there if she loves it over here so much. I waited for our drinks while I looked over and Julia continuously kept making silly faces at me. Hahahaha I couldn't help but laugh. She's so cute and so real. They called my name and I walked over to pick up the drinks the girl at the till winked at me. I winked back awkwardly. I always thought it was weird when girls did that. 

"So what'd you get me?" She smiled.

"Taste it and see."

"Oh that's really good!! Thank you!! You know my exact taste for coffee! It's vanilla with a hint of cinnamon isn't it!"

"It's soo good right?"

"Duh!"

I smiled at her and then all of sudden I thought my world was going to collapse. Kat Redder walked in. She was my ex-girlfriend. I broke up with her after I got accepted into the X-Factor because I wanted to focus on my music. Things weren't going steady anyway so I thought it'd be good to take a break. I haven't seen her since. She noticed me and came straight towards us. Shit. No. Not now. Of all times, why now?!

"Niall? Is that really you?"

"Hey Kat! How are you?" 

I didn't realize how awkward I sounded until after I said it.

"I'm great, wow. I haven't seen you since the um X-Factor haha." She glanced at Julia. "How um are you?"

"I know. Jesus it's been so long. And I'm doing great. Just got back from tour with the boys."

Just then Julia coughed indicating that she was still there and we were ignoring her. I could see worry in her eyes. I had told her about Kat being my last first real girlfriend. But I tried to assure her we hadn't spoken in 3 years and nothing is happening. Running into her wasn't helping this situation. 

"You must be Niall's girlfriend?! It's really great to meet you! I'm Kat."

She stuck out her hand for Julia to shake it. Julia hesitated.

"Hi, erm, I'm Julia. It's nice to meet you too."

I tried to make it less awkward,

"So um, what are you doing in London?"

"Oh my um, dad got a job out here. So my brother and I are living out here. I'm planning to get my own place soon though and move in with my boyfriend Daniel."

She gestured over to a guy by the till. He was a lot more muscular than me. He was darker and had dark hair. And a strong facial structure.

"Oh that's great. How'd you two meet?"

Julia glared at me. She definitely did not want to be having this conversation.

"Well, um I was on vacation in Italy and we were introduced through friends..How'd you and this pretty girl meet?"

Julia answered for me.

"We, met at that new club rush. Some friends introduced us and we spent the rest of night together and so it just sort of happened."

I tried to make her feel better and I said,

"Yeah I couldn't keep my eyes off her the entire time that we weren't talking. I knew I just had to get her number."

"Hahaha, Niall still playing it up that way are we?"

Julia glared at Kat then back to me. I think Kat noticed the tension.

"Okay, well erm, I should probably get back to Daniel. It was um, great to see you again Niall. Hope everything's well. And it was great to meet you Julia!"

She awkwardly hugged us both.

"Yeah, same. See you around."

Julia turned to me and sat back down in her chair.

"Don't be mad."

"I'm not mad."

"Aw, c'mon Jules. How was I supposed to know she was going to be here? I haven't seen or talked to her in 3 years."

"Whatever. Let's just go. It's awkward being in here with her."

"Alright."

We picked up our drinks, pushed in our table chairs and walked out. As we walked I tried to comfort her by putting my arm around her. Although she didn't resist I could tell there was tension. Please don't let this last long I thought.