Chapter 37

Chapter 37: Breathe

~Song Belle by Jack Johnson~

~HARRY'S POV~

I rushed to the airport and I didn't even have time to change. I didn't care. I needed to get on that plane. I had no choice. I know what I wanted. And I wasn't gonna let her go this time. Not now, not ever again. I ran to the plane it was just getting ready to leave. It was our private jet for One Direction.

"Wait! Please!!" I yelled.

They stopped and I rushed on and met face to face with Niall we both looked at each other and ran in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry Niall." I apologized.

"I'm sorry too. But let's put it behind us now and get our asses off to California and find them."

We sat down. And I was a bundle of nerves. I reached my hand into my pocket to make sure the little black box was still there. Niall saw me. He looked at me with big wide eyes.

"She's the one Niall. And I'm never letting go of her."

He rubbed my shoulder and I looked out the window. I decided I should sleep since I barely got any last night. And the plane ride would be long anyway so I might as well.

It was like I closed my eyes for 5 minutes when Niall woke me up to tell me we were here. I started to get nervous. I don't even know what I'm gonna say. Where is she? What if she says no? What the fuck am I doing? I'm so stupid. I shouldn't be doing this. This is bad. 

"Niall..." 

I looked at him.

"No second thoughts Harry. This is it. It's either now or never. I'm not letting you give up. Not this time.  Julia has just told me that Sylvie's at Starbucks. I'll text you the address now so you'll have it in the cab. Get your ass over there now. "

I looked at him and gave him one more hug before I ran to get out and find the nearest cab. People were staring everywhere and paparazzi had appeared. But I didn't care I just kept running. The adrenaline was killing me. I hated the feeling. 

I found the nearest cab and hoped in before anyone else could take it. I slammed the door shut and the driver looked at me and his eyes widened. I got out my phone to get the address and threw the driver a 100 dollar bill. 

"Please take me to this Starbucks. And please step on it." I said out of breath.

He just stared.

"Please, sir." I begged.

And he started the car. I sat back and tried to breathe. I tried to go over what to say. I had no idea. Please, just come to mind when I get there. Please don't choke. I can't mess this up.

***

I walked in the Starbucks. Everyone stopped and stared. I looked like I hadn't sept in months. I heard a small gasp. I looked to my left. I looked. There she was. With baby Charlie. She still looked the same. So beautiful. I walked over and she slowly stood up.

"Sylvie."

She gulped. Tears strolling down her face.

"What are you doing here?"

I breathed. This is it. Now or never.

"I needed to see you. It's been 3 years and I still can't get you off my fucking mind. I've been going crazy. You are my everything. When you left, I was so hurt and I tried everything to heal up the patches and nothing worked. No one worked. No one was you. You are a part of me....No you're every part of me. I don't know how I can go on without you no matter how cliche that sounds. I love you Sylvie. I was so stupid for letting you go. And I'm so sorry I lied to you. I should've chased you down that hallway 3 years ago. You didn't deserve to be lied to. You didn't deserve any of it. I've hated myself for 3 years now wondering why I did what I did. And I couldn't call you because I was scared. Scared you had moved on or you didn't want anything to do with me ever again. Scared you hated me. And I couldn't handle it. I just couldn't. But I realize that I needed to get you back. I'm never gonna let you go ever again."

I got down on my left knee and took the box out of my pocket. She started to cry but she was laughing with sobs.

"I want you in my life everyday for the rest of my life. So please Sylvie. Will you do me the honor?" I opened the box. "Veux-tu m'épouser?" (Will you marry me?)

She stood there crying and smiling.

"Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. Oh my God, I've missed you so much and I'm so sorry for everything. Please don't ever let me leave again."

I picked her up and spun her around while kissing her. Everyone in the Starbucks started to clap. I immediately remembered where we were. But then I decided I didn't care. I was with her and that's all that mattered.

We sat down at the table.

"And who is this little one?" I asked looking at Charlie.

"This is Charlie!" She laughed.

"Why hello there Charlie! I'm Harry!"

"Harry!!"  He cried and he put his arms around my neck.

I looked at Sylvie. She went red and you could tell she had been crying but she was still beautiful.

"I must have talked about you...a lot."

I smiled.

"I love you so much Sylvie."

".....I love you too Harry. I love you too."