Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Major Flirtation

~Song We Found Love by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris~

~SYLVIE'S POV~

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. Harry asked me to dance and he took me to the floor and  I turned my back to him to grind on him which is what I thought he meant. And by the look of it that's what everyone was doing. But he stopped me, turned me around and placed my hands on his neck and his hands on my waist. This wasn't real. I felt the butterflies instantly. You can't like him I thought to myself. He's famous. This can't happen. We swayed back and forth to the music keeping in time oddly. He began to talk.

"So what brings you to this boring country?"

I laughed. California's boring to me. England's boring to Harry.

"It's not boring for me. And my friend Julia ,over there, and I had been planning on taking a trip here since we were about 14. I also have family over here."

"Oh! I knew you were European. You look it."

"I don't know whether to think that's good or bad..." I giggled.

He looked at me slyly. Then he got closer to my face and whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry about it." He said then he winked and walked off. 

I was left standing at the dance floor. What the hell? Was I really this drunk? I couldn't have been. Was Harry Styles seriously flirting with me? I watched him walk over to the lounging area and saw him sit down with Nate and his friends. I decided I need to find Julia and Lily now. I went back to the bar to get a better view. My eyes fluttered over the crowd of people dancing and I did a double take as my eyes landed on Julia talking to Niall. One of Harry's band mates. I had almost forgotten that if Harry were here his bandmates were likely to be around. But as I looked around I could only see Niall. I walked over to where they were talking. Niall was saying something.

"So this is your first time being in England?"

I interrupted, before Julia could answer. 

"Yes, it is her first time. Who is this guy Julia?"

I winked at her and smiled at Niall as I stood by Julia's side. Making sure Niall saw my wink. She gave me a "what are you doing!!" sort of look. I just shrugged it off. 

"Niall, this is my best friend Sylvie. Sylvie I'm sure you recognize Niall." 

"Of course. How could I not? It's nice to meet you Niall. I'm sure Julia will be talking about you the rest of the night when we get home." I said with a laugh and a wink.

Julia squeezed my arm. Hard.

"Hahaha, I wouldn't mind that. Seeing as Harry will probably be talking about you the same." 

I tried to laugh that off. It was a good comeback.

"Hahaha would you excuse me a second Niall? I need to borrow Julia for one quick second."

"Yeah. But not for too long!" He said as he winked at Julia and went to go sit with Harry and the others.

Julia and I both giggled as he walked away. 

"Oh my God. Sylvie, he's amazing. I want to stay here in England and fall madly in love with him."

"Hahaha is that you or the alcohol talking?"

"I think *hiccup* it's a mixture of both." 

We couldn't help but giggle.

"Jules, I'll let you get back to Niall in a minute. But first, oh my God. Harry. He's flirting with me. Big time."

"And what's the problem with that?"

"There's many problems with that!"

"Like?"

"The fact that he probably does this to tons of other girls, and that he's Harry Styles. This is not good."

"I think there's something else that's bothering you."

I looked at her with a confused expression. Then I realized. Shane.

"Lily reminded me in the car of him. I just haven't been able to forget about him. He hurt me so badly."

"Look, you're never going to forget about Shane. You loved him. Anyone you ever have feelings for you're never gunna forget those feelings. But you can't keep dwelling on the fact that he was your boyfriend. He was. But he's gone now. And I know it sucks ass, but seriously. We're here in a club in Central London and we're having the best night of our lives. Don't let some asshole you don't even talk to anymore ruin it for you."

It took a while for that to sink in. She was right. Even though it was painful, she was right. I wanted so desperately to cry. But I didn't. Not now at least. Maybe later at the hotel. Then all of sudden Julia's phone buzzed. She giggled at the message.

"Who is it?"

She showed me the message. It was Niall.

"Do I get you back now babe?;)~Niall x"

"OH MY GOD! Why didn't you say anything?!" I squealed hoping no one around us would notice

"What! It's just harmless flirting."

"Harmless flirting my ass Julia. You like him! And he obviously likes you."

"Yeah, well I doubt anything will happen. We live in two completely different worlds."

"We'll see!" I winked.

She rolled her eyes and walked over to where Niall was sitting and plopped right down on his lap. Harry looked over at me, I quickly turned my head. Embarrassed he caught me staring. I smiled to myself. I don't wanna know what happens this time. I just want it to all fall into place. And the right places.