Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Strangers In Clubs

~Song Dance With Me by Dizze Rascal~

We stepped outside realizing how freezing it is, even during the summer. Lily came right to us. She was so much prettier in person. She wore black too. I guess we would be the 3 girls dressed in black tonight.

"I can't believe you guys are actually here! This is amazing. It's so good to see you Sylvie, hun! I've missed you! And Julia!! We never talked but Sylvie has told me so much about you! You're so cute and I'm glad I'm not the only short one here!"

We all giggled at that. Julia was very tiny for her age. She was a year older than me and she was about 4 ft. 11. I was 5 ft. 4. Lily was about 4 ft. 11 as well. Even in her pictures on Facebook you could tell she was tiny.

"We're so excited to see you too Lily! And yes, believe me I'm glad too!!" Julia broke the mini silence.

"Agh! Lily! I can't believe we're actually here. It's fucking freezing though hahaha can we go?"

"Haha yes of course! I forgot you're not used to the weather."

We got inside the car. Lily drove, I sat in front and Julia in the back seat behind Lily. It was warmer in there.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to a club called Lush. It just opened and only a few or so can get in."

"Why's that?"

"Dunno. I guess we'll see when we get there! Nate will be meeting us there and his friends too. He's the one that got us in. He's been working in the recording studios, interning I think and they invited him to come in tonight."

"I'm ready to party it up. Does Nate have cute friends?" Julia innocently asked.

"Why, but of course! And all for you two! So you girls got any other guys that I should worry about before tonight happens?" I was hesitant in answering so Julia noticing my hesitation said,

"Well we've had boyfriends and things but nothing too serious."

She lied, well at least for me. I was in a relationship a year ago. And it would seem like nothing since a whole year has passed but I still can't stop thinking about him. His name was Shane. We met the beginning of our Junior year and we automatically clicked. We were inseparable. I even got into mini fights with Jules because I was spending so much time with Shane. Then one day he just broke it off. For no reason. He was so angry that day. I never knew why. I haven't talked to him since March of that year. After we graduated he was shipped to the Military. I still pray every night for him to be okay. I miss him terribly.

"Sylvie? You okay?"

I snapped back into reality. I hadn't realized we were at the venue.

"Oh yeah! Haha sorry. Was day dreaming just a bit."

"About what? All the hot guys you'll meet tonight?" Lily said with a sneaky grin.

I just laughed. I was still focused on Shane. I hadn't truly thought about him in ages.

I stepped out of the car and we were immediately greeted by the door guard. He had a very hard to understand cockney accent.

"Do you ladies have passes?"

Lily responded, "Yes. We're guests of Nate Baker."

"Oh right. Make your way in Miss Thompson. You ladies look lovely."

"Thank you!" We all replied.

We stepped in and all I heard was "Drop it, drop it low girl. Drop it, drop it low." I was suddenly really nervous. I didn't know anyone except for Julia and Lily. I had never met Nate or his friends. I yelled at Julia over the music.

"You better not leave me tonight!!"

"Don't worry. I won't, I won't!!"

All three of us walked over to the bar where we immediately met Nate and his friends. None of them really got my attention. There wasn't anything really special about any of them or at least I thought. Walking over I realized how dark it actually was in there. The only way I could see these boys' faces was right by the bar light. As I got closer I realized there was one boy who did get my attention. He was looking at me but i tried not to pay much attention to it. I wasn't one to just go off on a guys look.

"Hey Sylvie I'm Nate. It's great to finally meet you. Lily doesn't stop talking about you."

"Hahaha really? Wow. It's great to meet you too. This place is pretty….club-ish?" I said awkwardly.

"First club?"

"Yeah I'm not much of a big club-er. But I do party sometimes."

"Yeah, it's great." I could tell he wasn't amused.

He continued, "Excuse me, I gunna go dance with me lady!"

"Oh yeah, go enjoy yourself!" I said with a smile.

I scooted over to the bar. I had completely lost Julia. I knew it would happen. But I was okay with it. I don't know, I wasn't feeling in the mood to club after being reminded of Shane. Great. My night was ruined because of him. My thoughts were interrupted,

"Want a drink?"

I turned around to see a boy with curly hair facing me.

"Erm, yeah sure. What's good here?"

"Oh, you're American?!" I couldn't see his face but I recognized his voice.

"Haha you're very observant."

"Well it wasn't the accent or anything."

Was this stranger flirting? He spoke to the bar tender,

"We'll have two cokes with the vodka mixed in please?"

"What if I didn't want that?" I said trying my best to flirt.

"It's too late now." He said.

And I could've sworn I saw him wink.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! Please tell me how you like it so far? Just comment or message me on tumblr @             life-inthe-making.tumblr.com !! I would so appreciate your thoughts!