Chapter 21

• Dedicated to Julia Coloso

Chapter 21: Please Leave

~Song Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine~

~HARRY'S POV~

Sylvie walked out of the hotel. And I went to greet her. Thankfully papparazzi hadn't shown up yet. But I'm afraid they will soon. I don't want it to get too crazy for her. These guys can be so rude and intrusive.

"Wow. You look great!"

She smiled and went pink, "Thank you."

I took her hand in mine and we started walking when we heard,

"HARRY!!!"

Oh no. It was just a fan, but she would bring on crowds and then the photographers would be somewhere close by.

"Please can we get a picture?! Oh my God! Are you Harry's girlfriend?!"

Sylvie was slowly pushed back as the girls came rushing to me. She looked at me with a little fear in her eyes. I just motioned for her to come back through the girls.

"Excuse me ladies, could you please let this lovely girl through?" 

I smiled sweetly at the girls, trying to urge them to let her through.

"Harry, is that your girlfriend?!"

I wasn't quite sure what to say, I just sort of winked at the girl.

"What's your name?!"

To my surprise, Sylvie replied.

"It's Sylvie and yours?" She smiled sweetly at the girl.

"It's Sabrina! Oh my God! You're American!! Can I get a picture with you guys?"

Sylvie looked at me and I nodded back at her with a smile.

"Sure thing love!"

"Thank you so much!! You have no idea how much this means to me!"

"Of course hun!"

I took Sylvie's hand slowly and we rushed into the car. She didn't seem as scared or irritated as I thought.

"You seemed to handle that really well!..."

"Well, I know how much it means to them to meet you. It means the world. And I'm happy to stop for them."

"Hahaha you're amazing."

"Haha we'll see about that when the papparazzi come around...I don't know how well I'll be able to handle them."

"Just don't say anything to them, rude or good and just keep walking. I'll be right there with you."

Just as I said that the camera flashes were appearing. Shit. Really? I just wanted to go out with the girl I like for a peaceful afternoon. 

I could tell she was becoming a little intimidated by them. They were really close to the car and the flashes were everywhere.

"I'm so sorry babe."

But to my surprise she laughed!

"Hahaha don't be! It's actually funny that these people literally have nothing better to do then snap photos of other people to make money off of them."

"It's ridiculous. That's what it is."

I tried to pull into a parking lot farther off to get away from the photographers. We would have to walk a bit but at least they wouldn't know where the car is.

"Are you okay with walking a bit to get to the shops?"

"Of course! Just as long as you don't let go of me!" She cried.

"I promise you I won't."

"Pinky?"

"Hahahaha even as funny as that sounds, yes I pinky promise."

"A pinky promise means that that shit just got real."

I think this girl might be perfect for me.

"Hahahahahahahaha I think that's the funniest thing I've ever heard a girl say."

"Really? Wow. We should hang out more than. I might make you laugh a lot."

"Hahaha I would like that."

Then in response she just stuck her tongue out at me in a cute way. I couldn't resist I just had to. And I went and kissed her on the cheek. But just to my God damn luck it happened as soon as the papparazzi found us again. 

"Just walk through them." I tried to whisper to her.

"Harry got a new lady in town?!"

"Are you Harry's new summer fling?"

"Are you aware of Harry having a thing for the older women? Are you scared he might cheat?"

"Harry why don't you give your lady another snog but on the mouth this time!"

That's enough. I couldn't take it.

"Just fuck off somewhere else. Don't waste your time here."

Sylvie giggled then looked at me. How could she think this was actually funny? She amazed me in every possible way. 

"Harry, getting a little feisty with us there?"

Then I couldn't believe my ears.

"He said back off. So do it now."

The photographers stopped. It wasn't usual for just a strange girl being attacked by the papparazzi for the first time to say something. We rushed into the first place we could see. It ended up being a little cheese shop.

"Did I just hear that scene right?!"

"What?! A girl can't stand up for you every once in a while?"

"No it's not that, a girls just never been brave enough too..."

"Well, I'm not your average girl Harry."

"I can tell."

"So, tell me is it me or do I smell like a strong selection of cheese now?" She giggled.

"Hmm, let me come see..Yep you definitely smell like Cheddar now."

"Hahaha hey!! You're supposed to say 'No my love you smell like Sweet Desire' "

"Oh well in that case, No my love you..still smell like Cheddar Cheese!"

And I grabbed her and kissed her softly. 

"Hahaha hey! You don't get to tell me I smell like cheese then kiss me! That's not how it works!"

"How does it work then?!"

"I don't know. I guess you'll find out later won't you?" She slyly winked at me then walked out the door.

I caught up pace with her and intertwined my fingers and locked them with hers. I really really liked this girl. A lot.