'It's always going to be him'

Ella's POV

"Take it easy, wait there let me get the door first" Hayley rushes off to our apartment door and opens it as I walk in.

"Calm down. I'm not broken" I roll my eyes and she rest her hand on my back and walks beside me.

"Shush you" she carries on as we reach the couch and I sit down.

It's been three weeks of being cooped up in that hospital room. I've made a full recovery and I am now on light painkillers. It finally feels good to be home.

It's early morning and now we are in the thick off the cold English weather, with it being November.

"Thank god I don't have to listen to that awful Christmas music the hospital radio plays every second of every god damn day" I reach for the remote to turn the tv on.

"Has Louis called?" I whisper.

"Not today" Hayley answers. It's the same answer I've gotten every day since I've woke up. My last memory of him was looking through the door into my hospital room, with tears streaming down his face. The picture of a broken man.

"Pass me my phone I'll call him" I hold out my hand.

"His phone is off. Every time you ask me to ring him it's off Ella" she walks over to me and places my phone in my hand.

I don't listen and ring him but it goes straight to his answer phone like it has every time I've tried.

"I shouldn't of made him leave" I hang my head.

"Don't be so silly" she hands me a cup of tea.

I slowly drink and spend my morning watching Gossip girl. Hayley heads off to work after I spent half an hour begging her to go. She's been with me every day and she needs to get on with her life now. I'm a big girl and can look after myself.

I have a small dinner in front of the tv and spend the next hour ringing Louis like a mad woman, every damn time it goes to answer phone. I can't take this anymore, it's killing me. I know he feels this is his fault but it's not. He can't blame himself for this and I know that's what he's doing.

I get my car keys and head out the door. I will make him talk to me.

After the short drive to work i pull up outside and slowly get out the car. I use my employee pin on the key pad and the door unlocks. I was hoping he hadn't changed it or erased it.

I walk upstairs and along the corridor to the end where his office is located. I take a deep breath and open his door and step in.

His chair is facing the glass wall down to the stage.

"Louis" I call out and start walking towards him, his chair turns around quickly at the sound of my voice.

I come face to face with..Harry.

"Harry?" I stop.

He stands up quickly and walks around the desk, "Ella, what are you doing here?"

I don't understand why Harry is here? Where is Louis? This is the only place I could think of that he would be.

"I-I am looking for Louis. Where is he?" I sit down on the chair in front of Harry.

"He's taking a break"

"A break? What kind of break?" I question. I hope it isn't from me.

"He just needs time to process everything that's happened. He's gone away with Daisy" Harry pulls another chair up and sits directly in front of me.