Chapter 38

-GABE-

I just got off the plane, it's 4 am and I'm tired as fuck. I still had the key Case let me use the last time so I let myself in. She aint know I was coming but I wouldn't miss the doctor appointment. I caught my flight here and I'm leaving back out in a few hours.

I walked into her room and took my shoes off. I know she ain't want me in the bed with her but I couldn't resist. I missed her like crazy. I climbed in the bed and slid my arm under her as I pulled her into me.

She surprised me by getting comfortable in my arms and backing her ass up on me. My shit was instantly rock solid. As much as I wanted to slide in her, I knew that being in her bed was pushing it enough so I laid there and slept.

"Gabe, get up. You need to get dressed." I heard Case say as she shook me.

"Come on, I ironed your clothes. They're laid on the chair." She said pointing towards the chair by the couch.

I got up surprised I didn't hear her mouth about being in bed. She ain't thank me and sure didn't seem shocked to see me. I showered and put on my clothes before walking outside to see her sitting on the couch in a suit.

"You going to work?" I asked walking to the door.

"Yep. Didn't know I would have company. I have a discussion docket today."

She walked out the door and headed to her Jeep so I followed behind her. The car ride was silent besides the music. I know Case still in her feelings but she need to get over that shit. We pulled up to her doctor's office and I grabbed her hand before she got out.

"Lose the attitude." I told her.

"Lose the key. Popping up at my house unannounced. You know I don't like that shit." She snapped.

"You knew I wasn't missing this shit. And you ain't got shit to hide."

"Let's go Gabe." She said getting out the car and slamming it.

I followed behind her as she checked in. After about a 15 minute wait, we were called back. The nurse walked her through the routine and Case undressed and sat on the table. Soon the doctor came in and talked to Case before performing the ultrasound.

"How are you?" The Doctor asked.

"I'm okay. The nausea has subsided but my hormones are all over the place."

"Yeah they are." I added as Case rolled her eyes at me.

"well, Dad?" The Doctor asked and I nodded "that's something you have to get used to." The doctor added.

"Are you ready to hear the heartbeat?" The doctor asked as we both said yes in unison. Soon we heard a thumping noise and Case started to cry.

"Oh my. I can't believe this is actually happening. It felt so surreal until now." She said.

"When will we know what it is?" I asked excitedly.

"Next visit possibly. She's done with her first trimester! I know you wanted to wait until that was over until you announced it so you may do so now Casey!" The doctor said.

The appointment continued and the doctor prescribed Case more meds and we left out to get food. We pulled up to Another Broken Egg to eat before she headed to work.

"So what's up? You good?" I asked as we sat down.

"I'm fine. Just tired all of the time. I really can't believe we're about to have a child. This was nothing like I imagined." Her comment caught me off guard.

"What you mean?"

"I wanted a family, the picket fence, the dog, stability." She said hesitantly.

"You definitely have stability. That's what attracted me to you. As far as the rest, it'll come. I can promise you that."

"Gabe I still can't stand you. We can't even get ourselves together. Ain't no family happening anytime soon."

"We have about 6 more months to get it together then." I said with a smile. "And you wasn't saying that at the seminar last week either. Matter fact, you didn't deny that we we're together. So you sending a nigga mixed signals."

"You know what it is. The world doesn't." She said just letting me know how solid she was.

"Ima get it together Case. I got a few more stops to wrap up the tour. After that, it's all about you and Deuce."

"Deuce?"

"Yeah you carrying Jr. I already know."

"Gabe you know I'm praying for a girl. I can't raise a black man in this world."

"Yes ya can. If anybody can, you can! Our son will be so woke and dope! Every black son deserves a mom like you, and that's real shit Case." I told her as I reached for her hand across the table. She was glowing so much and looked fine as fuck in that suit. The pregnancy weight was sitting well with her. My first goal coming off the tour was to get her back. I been tripping hard with that one.

"My mom's Birthday is coming up. We usually have a family cookout. I think we should announce it then. And then we'll have to fly to NY to tell Momma G. I would appreciate it if it wasn't out to the world yet." She said.

"I respect it. When is her birthday?"

"End of March. I'll have Tab send the info to Bethany."

"Bet. I'm there."