Chapter 19

-CASEY-

I've called Gabe twice and no answer. I didn't expect him to be mad over a text I received from an ex I haven't talked to in months. Gabe and I have been 'dating' for a few months. Once I decided to give Gabe a chance, I cut everyone off. Maal was already cut off before the day he came into my office. Yes, Maal and I were on and off but we are definitely off right now and there is no way I'm getting back with him.

I text Gabe to ask where he was and he said studio. Instead of responding, I started to pack. I did not have time to deal with Gabe's pointless attitude and stupid antics when I can be at home, relaxing, enjoying my vacation. I could even be with my mother who I hardly ever see and I'm sure she would love to spend some time with me right now. My family is probably having a LIT ass BBQ right now and I'm stuck here in cold ass New York, alone.

Incoming Call -- Best Friend 💃🏾❤️👯‍♀️

Me: Whats up Bree?

B: best friennnnndddddd wyd? How's New York?

Me: Nothing packing. New York is cold as shit.

B: I bet. You still coming for homecoming? I was about to book the Air BNB.

Me: Yeah I'll be there. Remind me to tell Tabitha I'll be gone that weekend. When are you getting there?

B: Thursday night.

Me: Aight.

B: Whats wrong with you?

Me: Girl.... Nothing. It's good.

B: No it aint. Don't lie to me best friend. What's going on?

Bree always knew when something was going on and I couldn't hide it from her. I sat on the edge of the bed and let out a deep sigh before continuing.

Me: Maal text me saying "I need to taste you" with a bunch of emojis. Gabe saw it. We had plans today but Gabe left. Said he was at the studio.

B: wait.... I need to taste you? Have you talked to Maal?

Me: GIRL NO! You know I haven't, I'm straight on him. You know he's just doing whatever to get me back. Everytime he sees someone else has my time he gets jealous. Same shit different toilet.

B: oh wow. So what you about to do?

Me: I was packing. I'm about to find a flight back home.
B: For what?

Me: Girl I know no one here in New York. I came here strictly for Gabe. He obviously needs his space so I'm going to give it to him.

B: You and I both know you're not leaving for Gabe. This is what you do. You gain feelings for someone, start to trust someone, and as soon as something happens you run. I never understood that. You will literally fight any and everyone and for any and everyone except the one who deserves to be fought for. You just said you will go toe to toe with whoever for black men. Yet, you won't go toe to toe with YOUR BLACK MAN. You always run.

Me: I'm not running Bree. I'm in the man's house. I'm not trying to make anyone uncomfortable in their own home.

B: so find a hotel, what's here in Atlanta?

Me: I would rather just come home. I got some stuff to handle anyway.

B: None of that mattered when you hopped your ass on that flight to New York. You don't have shit to do. You better stay there and fight for your man best friend. Show him that you don't talk to Maal anymore. Show him that no one else matters but him. I can tell you're catching feelings because you're trying to run. You're afraid of what may come out of this. I've never seen anyone so fearless yet so afraid to love and be loved. If you're not running, you're running them away. Grow up Case. That's ridiculous. I wouldn't be a real friend if I didn't tell you this. You better go find your man and let him know. Call me later on.