Chapter 32

-GABE-

"FUCK" I sat on the couch with my head in my hands trying to figure out how to fix this shit. I was drunk as fuck and Mia started some shit by kissing me. I didn't tell Case but we used to mess around before I met her. If I told her, she would have made me get rid of Mia. I cut the shit off and told Mia it was over. I don't know what made tonight any different. I guess that's what the Henny do to you.

I watched as Steve came down the stairs carrying Casey's bags.

"Where is she?"

"I can't tell you that. You fucked up." Steve said back.

"I just need to talk to her."

"She asked me not to tell you you her location. She did ask me to give you this. And she said she will handle it from now."

Steve handed me a check for 10 bands. Casey wrote "For Steve" on the memo line.

"Man fuck all of that. Yall can keep that shit. I need to see Case yo."

"There's nothing I can do. My hands are tied."

Steve grabbed the bags and left out the door. I sat on the couch trying to call Case but she sent me to voicemail like all of the other times. I needed to figure out a way to get to Case fast, before she gives up on me. Without thinking, I grabbed my keys to catch up to Steve and follow him. I stayed a few cars behind so he wouldn't notice.

He pulled up to a hotel so I parked across the street. I stayed behind him to watch him get to the elevator. Soon as he got on, I ran up to it to see what floor he gets off of, floor 9.

Getting off the elevator, I stood off to the side to watch Steve down the hall. Case opened the door and took the bags, they exchanged a few words before Steve went to the room across the hall. When I heard the door shut, I went up to Case door and knocked on the door.

"Did you forget --- what the fuck do you want?" She said opening the door. "Are you trying to get your ass beat?" She asked with her arms folded. Her hair was messy and her eyes were red and glossy. I can tell she been crying but she'll never admit it.

"Just let me explain." I begged.

"Give me one good reason."

"I love you, Case."

"Lie again."

"Come on man, let me in." I demanded moving the door back and making my way in. She closed the door behind us.

"What Gabe?" She asked.

"Look, I was drunk and she started that shit. I would never do no shit like that. I was for real when I said I didn't want to lose you."

"No you weren't because if you were you wouldn't have done that shit. How long have yall been fucking? How long have you been lying to me?"

I saw the pain and hurt in her eyes. She was trying to fight back the tears but was unsuccessful. I really did fuck up.

"We used to mess around before I met you. I cut all of that shit when I started dating you. I swear. I'm sorry Case."

"Um hm. You look cute together. And honestly, I don't think this distance thing will work out. I don't trust you. Have fun on tour with Mia. I can't believe you had this bitch all in my face thinking she was just your assistant when we shared dick. Played me like a fool, again."

"Goodbye Gabe." She stood there holding the door open not wanting to look at me.

"You don't mean that shit Case. Just hear me out."

"I have heard enough. Goodbye."

"Case, listen, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I'll fire Mia and get a new assistant. I need you. Don't give up this easy."

"YOU made it easy. You should've thought about all of that before your lips were all over her. I'm asking you to leave." She pointed towards the open door.

I stood there in front of her as she avoided eye contact with me. After standing there for a few seconds, I walked out.

"I love you Case. For real." She slammed the door in my face and all I could do was stand there. I really fucked up. I lost the best thing that ever happened to me. It didn't get no better than Case.