Chapter 17

-CASEY-

I got off the flight and headed straight to the venue where Gabe was performing. Mia had Gabe's driver pick me up. She shot me a text to let me know that he was performing. I left my bags in the car as I walked into the venue. Jeff escorted me to the back where I could stand off to the side and still watch Gabe perform. As I was standing there, Mia walked up handing me a cup of Henn.

"Oooh. Just what I need." I told her as I smiled at her and thanked her. Gabe was performing and I was rapping along to every song with him. As he finished, the DJ cut the music.

"New York whats good? Man it feels good to be home." He said pacing the stage. "So I know yall saw that shit on the gram about this lil shorty. When we recorded perfect, I aint know what perfect was. But I knew the moment I saw her." He continued as the DJ started the song. I stood there cheesing hard as hell. I figured Mia told him I was there but she said she didn't. If he saying this while he thinks I'm not around, then I knew he meant everything he said last night.

You deserve it 'cause you perfect

You make every moment worth it

I'm flyin' down Collins, I'm shirtless

Just thinkin' how you might've curved it

I knew you a minute, don't act like you don't know the business

I've been tryna get all up in it

Gave you my card, I don't know 'bout no limit

They can't see us in it, that foreign was tinted

I stood there rapping every word verbatim as he continued to perform. I loved watching Gabe perform, he put his all into every performance. I was attracted to his hood ass. I couldn't fight it anymore. After performing Perfect, DJ cut the music again as Gabe continued to talk.

You on my mind like a verse that I ain't get to write

You outta town, let me catch a flight, couple shots, hope I hit tonight

I day dream 'bout your physical, get you alone, let's spend the night

Bag 'em directly, my aura like Wesley, call me Mr. Snipes

You got your own, I know you're independent, I just play your craps

He rapped into the mic acapella. When he stopped rapping, he held the mic out to the crowd as they continued to rap the verse.

"I love New York man." He said in the mic laughing. He performed a few more songs before continuing his set. I followed Mia to his dressing room as Jeff stood waiting for him to come off stage. I sat on a couch to the left waiting for him come in so I could give him the biggest hug. I just saw him this morning but I missed him so much already. As soon as the door opened, I rushed to the door and jumped in his arms.

"Damn ma. What's up? You good?" He said holding me tightly. "I missed you." I said in his ear as I laid my head against his chest.

"I missed you too Case. What you doing here?" He asked. "I came here for you. I needed to see you. And I'm off for the week, so what better place to be than with you." I said as I kissed him. His team continued to come in and out the door but none of that mattered to me.

"You're not happy to see me?" I asked pulling back to look him in the eyes. "Hell yea I am." He said pulling me back close to him to kiss him again.

He let me go and moved around as I went and sat back on the couch. "You here for the week?" He asked as he looked at me. "I'm here for however long you want me to be." I said to him with a smile.

"Forever." He said winking in his Cardi B voice before going in the bathroom and taking a shower. I sat on the couch scrolling through IG as Rod, Mel and Keon started smoking. I fixed myself another drink as he was in the shower and waited for him to get out. I didn't speak much to his homies besides hi and bye. I had nothing to say to them. I was here for Gabe and Gabe only.

Soon Gabe got out the shower and came to sit by me as Mia passed him a cup and a blunt. "I got an appearance at this club downtown you coming?" he asked looking at me. "No, I'm not wearing club attire." I said.

"You look fine to me. Who you trying to impress?" He asked. "You really want me out with you like this? You know it's gonna be hella folks out with cameras." "So, you mine it don't matter what them other niggas think." He said as he sparked up his blunt.

I sat back and drunk from my cup trying to mentally prepare to do an appearance with Gabe. I really was not ready for this exposure and it was happening so fast.

"Some folks been reaching out trying to book you for panels and shit. We need to get you a team. I definitely dont want you out here alone. Niggas crazy." He said as he continued to smoke. "I'm fine Gabe. I'm not doing all of that." I said

"You was the one saying you don't want folks to know you as my girl. Now you turning down gigs and shit?" He asked. "No, I'm not. I'm just not ready for the exposure." I responded.

"Too late." He said pulling my head close to him so he could kiss it.

Marty came through the door and told us we had to leave in 10. He looked at me and smiled once he noticed I was here.

"This nigga think we about to be doing appearances together. They trying to make this money." Gabe said. "Money? They trying to pay us for this?" I asked. "Hell yea. I thought this wasn't your thing so I told em nah." He said.

I sat there in thought as Gabe continued to talk to his friends. Soon after we headed to the club. We were in the VIP and drinks flowed all night long. I was now on my third cup of henn staight. I watched as Gabe enjoyed himself and did what he does best. Occasionally I danced on him, if the DJ played the right song.

Clubs in New York were different than the ones at home. I was feeling like I was guessing Dave felt at my parties. I didn't know most of the songs they played. It was like a new industry up here. I just sat or stood there with my drink in hand taking it all in. It's something I have to get used to.