Chapter 30

-GABE-

"Aye run that back."

I was in the booth working on this feature that needed to be done before tour. Case just landed and Jeff was on his way to get her. I was trying to wrap this shit up so I could get home to Case. I miss her lil fiesty ass.

I added a few adlibs to the song and got out the booth to listen.

My Shoota 🔫🖤: Here.

Stopped at the store first.

Jeff just let me in.

Where's my key?

4:03 pm

This girl been talking about this damn key since the last time she was here. I wasn't avoiding giving it to her. I keep forgetting to give her this shit. I knew she would remind me when I got home.

I finished up the studio session and headed straight to the crib. Damn, something smells good. I could hear Case ass singing soon as I walked in the door.

Every time I look into your eyes I see it
You're all I need
Every time I get a bit inside I feel it
Oooooooh, who would've thought I'd get you

Case could sing. She wasn't a professional singer but she sounded good though. I walked into the kitchen seeing her in her own little world as she fixed plates. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Oooh." She jumped. "Hiii handsome. Right on time."

"Um hm. What's this?"

"It's cajun shrimp, with jasmine rice and some cajun sauce."

"You made this?"

"Nah. I ordered it. YES I MADE IT." She grabbed the plates and sat it down on the table while motioning me to come join her.

"How was your flight?"

"Long. I slept the whole way. So what's the plan for the week?"

"I have some promo shit to do for the tour. We gotta run through my set and some styles for opening night."

"Interesting. That's good cause I have a FaceTime meeting with Lisa tomorrow and some phone interviews for the rest of the week."

"You know you can come with me."

"I know but I don't want to be in the way."

"You with me. It's good. We can set you up a lil spot for you to work. Oh and Mia set up that lil shit with John Lennon, whatever the nigga name is. It's Thursday morning. They gone style you and shit before. You gotta be there at 4:30."

She looked at me for a second then jumped up and jumped in my lap almost knocking my plate off the table.

"Damn girl."

"Awwwww you do love me. Thank you!" She kissed me while grinning.

"Aight. Move so I can eat before you start some shit."

"Thank you." She said again before going back to her seat.

"You're a really good guy Gabe. Such a sweetheart. I don't know why I was playing hard to get. I guess, I didn't want to be hurt. I mean... I still don't want to be hurt. But, there's no other place I would rather be than with you."

"I know"

"Shut up" she said as she threw her napkin at me.

"I'm being serious. I really do appreciate you. And I never do anything or take a case without keeping you in mind. When Tabitha called me about Calvin, I knew the threats and negativity were going to come that's why I was hesitant at first. But I knew I had to. He needed me. But, I realize I need this more. I promise I won't let the case come in between us. It won't be anything like the Tyreke case."

She looked at me, staring, waiting for a response. That's how I knew when Case was telling the truth. She always made and kept eye contact when she was telling the truth. If she was lying or trying to hide something, she avoided it. Crazy how I know this girl so much in just a short amount of time.

"I appreciate you Case. I only want what's best for you. I want you to do whatever makes you happy. Just know that we getting to the point where we no longer live for ourselves, we have to start thinking about everybody else too. That's all I want you to do. I get mad because I care about you. I love you, real shit. I'm not trying to lose you."

"I love you too. I'm not going anywhere" She got up from the table to take our now empty plates to the kitchen and loading them in the dishwasher. I watched as she moved around my kitchen like it was hers. She reached in the cabinet and grab some glasses to pour us some henn. Walking back in the kitchen, she sat on my lap and gave me a glass while taking a sip out of hers.

"How did I get so lucky to be with Mr. Gabe Miller? I'll never forget when Kev called. I was so pissed to be walking into a courtroom not knowing anything. Then, Kev simply told me you were brown skin with tatts, nothing more nothing less. I didn't know who I was looking for."

"How did you know it was me?"

"That big ass smile you had on your face." She said grabbing my cheeks.

"Chill. It aint even like that. I just knew you were about to get my shit dismissed."

"Um hm. How'd you know that?"

"You were cool with the judge and you were going off. I could just tell."

"Whatever Gabe."

I lifted her up and led her upstairs to the hot tub where we both stripped naked.

"Did you get that shit out?" I asked her.

"What?"

"That birth control shit."

"No, but it expires the week after next. I have an appointment like a few days before we leave for tour."

"For what?"

"What you mean? To get it taken out. Then they put another one in."

"You really don't want kids Case?"

"I mean I do. I'm just afraid to bring a black child into this cold dark world."

"I feel like that's any black woman. You need to think about it. Let God do his work. I'm trying to have some babies soon. We damn near 35."

"I know I know. But it's too early for us to be talking about babies nigga. Aint no ring on my finger."

"There you go with that shit."