Chapter 25

-GABE-

After Case got her fish sandwich fix, we took her parents home and headed back to her crib. I enjoyed myself with Case today. Her family was cool as hell and I liked knowing they supported us.

Case had just got out the shower and we were sitting on the couch in her room playing 2K.

"Oooooh AND ONE! How you like them apples?" She said doing a lil dance since she won. "I let you win." I told her. I won't front, Case was a beast at 2k. I did let her win though. I was focused on smoking.

"Come here." I told her as I pulled her into my lap and blew the smoke away from her face. "Where's ya pops?" I asked her.

"Dead. Never met him." I could tell it was a tough subject for her so I didn't ask anymore. "My mom's dad was killed after an argument. He was the only father I knew." She continued. "What about you?" She asked.

"He's cool. Prolly at my crib chilling right now." I responded. "You would've met him if your ass didn't hop on that damn plane so quick." I told her. "Let's not talk about that." She responded as she attempted to get up. I pulled her back down in my lap.

"Where you think you going?" I asked. "I aint done talking to you. Look at me." I told her as I grabbed her chin to face me. "You can't do that shit no more, Case. That running shit aint cool, ma.---" "Nah, dont do that. I only left because you acted like you didn't want me there. I tried talking to you." She said cutting me off.

"I'm not trying to argue Case. All I'm saying is let's work this shit out. I aint trying to lose you." She wrapped her legs around me to face me as she straddled me.

"I'm not trying to lose you either Gabe. But let's set some ground rules. One, you can't go through my phone. There's confidential information in there. I could lose my job and my license. You have to trust me. No one else has my attention. YOU are the only one I'm focused on. Two, no other woman should come that close to you ever again. I'm talking church hugs from here on out. I can't promise you I will continue to act civilized the more I gain feelings. It's a little overwhelming. I feel like I've known you forever and we have dated for years. It's scary to know I just met you a few months ago." She said.

"I got you ma. I won't hurt you. We good and we gone be good." I told her. "I'm just not sure if I'm ready for all of this. What am I going to do when you go on tour?" She asked. "Come with me. You can work from home. Have Tabitha set you up some appearances or some shit." I told her. I had a tour coming up for the winter. I been meaning to tell Case but I'm not sure how she'll take it and I aint trying to go three months without her.

I knew she had trust issues so it was best for her to come with me anyway. Tour will make or break a relationship but I aint lie when I told her I aint trying to lose her.

"After that lil homecoming shit, I'm going on tour. December until February. So gone and tell Tabitha to clear your schedule."

"It's not that easy Gabe. I have clients I have to meet with, cases to work on. I need to be in my office. I can't just take three months off."

"Nah you just dont want to take off. You can do whatever you want that's your shit. You own that muhfucka. You don't need to be in the office. They got FaceTime, skype, all that shit."

"It's really not that easy Gabe. And tour sounds tiring. I'm sure I won't be of no help to you. You don't want me up under you 24/7." She responded. She was pissing me off. All that shit she just said about us and how she's trying to fight for us but she got so many damn excuses.

"Okay. I will come. BUT, I may have to leave and come back to check on things from time to time. Is that cool?" She asked me. I guess she could tell she was starting to piss me off.

"Yeah, do what you gotta do." I told her. "Are you going to let me do the John Cannon interview?" she asked me and she was so sincere. After I saw how that nigga was gunning for Case, no way ima let this nigga in her presence. She was bugging to be asking about this shit again. I know she really wanted to do this shit but some shit she got to get over. I dont fuck with the nigga and she shouldn't either.

"Hell nah." I said to her moving her off my lap. "Don't ask me about that nigga no more." I told her as I went into the bathroom. She really had me fucked up to keep asking about this nigga. I told her once she aint doing that shit and I meant that. She wouldn't have time to do that shit anyway.

"Whatever" she yelled out. I knew she was doing that pouting shit from the tone of her voice. I brushed my teeth and took my shirt, shoes and jeans to go get in bed. I walked out the bathroom and she wasn't in bed. I heard gunshots and knew her crazy ass was outside. I put back on my shirt and slides before walking outside to join her.