Chapter 34

-CASEY-

It's been a few weeks since Thanksgiving. Gabe was out on tour and I miss him like crazy but I was over the bullshit. I knew I didn't want the mainstream mess or to date an industry dude but somehow I fell for it. I couldn't be mad at anyone but myself.

*knock*knock*

"Come in!"

In walked an old friend, Kokee Jackson. I called Kokee because the Calvin trial was getting to be too much for Lisa. Calvin and I got into it a couple of times so I needed a black male attorney with me. Ko walked in looking fine as ever. We went to highschool together and he used to flirt with me but usually nothing serious.

One night, I was out at club I shouldn't have been and was jumped by some older broads. Ko came out of nowhere and had my back. He was more like my best friend than anything. I was surprised to hear he had graduated law school and was a prominent defense attorney in the area. He was in the streets growing up and never took school serious. However, law was meant for him.

Ko wore a navy blue suit with a white shirt and red accessories. Looking like an entire snack. He was light skin, tall, had a beard and a little curly fro. Looks like he had been working out too.

I got up from the desk to meet him and hug him.

"Ko! Long time no see, talk, none of that. So good to see you." I hugged his neck and swayed back and forward as he did the same.

"Looking good too. I am so proud of you." I let go of the hug and sat behind my desk as he sat on the couch to the left.

"You're not looking too bad yourself. A little glow about you. Surprised you reached out. Went to college and forgot about me."

"I could never forget about my Ko. I missed you!" I looked at him with a smile as he did the same, unbuttoning his suit jacket.

"Well I'm glad you reached out. So what's good with you? I see you're off the market." His smile changed so quick. I was kind of thrown off but he was my high school bestie.

"I'm good. Chilling trying to maintain. & yes I had a little fling, it didn't last long. You know I said I would NEVER date an industry dude and here I am, fucking up." I said chuckling while playing with my earring.

"Shit I thought you switched up. I was confused." He joined in laughing with me.

"What's up with you? Kids? Wife?" I asked him.

"Nah Case. I'm waiting on you. I was for real when I told you that in high school." I rubbed my face with my hand trying to hide the blushing.

"Chill Ko. For real, who's the lucky girl?" I now held my head up with my arm propped on my arm rest.

"Nobody. Money is the only focus for me Case. A nigga still fear commitment."

"Still the same old Ko. It's crazy that you're here in Atlanta and I never knew."

"I knew. I didn't want to reach out to you though. I wasn't trying to ruin your life."

After graduation, Ko and I had a BBQ at my aunt's house and got wasted. He invited me back to his crib because I was too drunk to drive. One thing led to another and he tried to have sex, I shot him down quickly saying that he would ruin my life. I was serious then. Ko had NOTHING going from himself.

"Ahhhhh shade. Got it." I turned my chair around and faced the computer. I knew he would bring it up but I wasn't trying to hear it. "I do need your help on this case though. Calvin is hard to deal with. I'll tell you that now."

I continued to update him on the case as much as I could as he signed the agreement to work with me and the distribution of funds. Ko knew I was crazy and knew if I changed the conversation, that meant not to go back there. He was looking better than ever but he's still the same Ko. I knew how he treated women and I wasn't with it. Plus, I still wanted Gabe. I couldn't deny that. I also would never disrespect Gabe like that.

After Ko signed everything, we released a statement for the press and went separate ways. Kev was in town and I was supposed to be meeting him so I sped there. I walked in just in front of Kev and checked in before joining Kev in the waiting area.

"You talked to G?" he asked.

"Nope. Don't plan on it."

"You really trying to get killed. That nigga crazy Case."

I ignored him as I strolled through my phone.

"Did you see this?" He handed me his phone and showed me a pic of Ko and I during the press release. Ko was guiding me up the stairs and had his hand on the lower part of my back. I was looking at him to my left laughing as he looked down smiling. It looked bad, I knew it did. "Trouble in paradise? Looks like Lawyer Bae has moved on from OG" the caption read.

"You didn't even tell me you met up with this nigga. You know I don't vibe with fool."

"I know Kev. It was nothing. He's sitting second chair. And you don't vibe with him over something stupid. It didn't happen."

"Nah the nigga knew you was drunk and tried to take advantage of that shit Case. He knew what he was doing."

"Kev. I had stayed with him a couple times before when I was too lit. I told you he was my best friend. Nothing more."

"Jones?" We heard as we followed the lady to the back.

"You need to talk to G." Kev said as he sat in the chair to the left of the table.

"So we need you to pee in this cup, we will do some blood work and then the doctor will be with you shortly."

I sat nervously on the table as the nurse left the room. I missed my period and was throwing up every morning. I called Kev who scheduled an appointment right away. No one else knew and I didn't want anyone to know. This would literally be the worst thing to happen right now.

I did as the nurse said and we waited for the doctor. Kev sat there on his phone. I knew he was pissed. He hated Ko and wanted me to let him off him when we were young. I knew going to college would distance Ko from me and it did. He had nothing to worry about now. Ko was cute but my mind and heart were elsewhere.

"Ms. Jones?" the doctor said knocking.

"How are you?" She asked shaking my hand.

"I'm okay." I was fidgeting with my hands.

"Well, it looks like you're definitely expecting so congratulations!"

"You're kidding right? Did you double check?"

"Yes ma'am. You're pregnant." She said laughing.

I sat there in shock not listening to anything she said further. I signed whatever papers, set up the next appointment and grabbed my shit trying to get as far away from Kev. I had gotten the IUD taken out around Thanksgiving and didn't replace it. The doctor explained that I must have gotten pregnant a few weeks prior to that. Since I was pregnant with an IUD, I was at a greater risk for miscarriage but the fact that I didn't replace it was good.

"I told you bruh! You don't fucking listen." Kev said catching up to me.

"Not trying to hear it."

"You gotta talk to G Case. or I will. He deserves to know."

"You will? So you loyal to this nigga over your own blood fam? What type of shit is that? I WILL tell Gabe, on my own time and when I'm ready. Let me deal with this shit the way I want to."

"If yo crazy ass aint want me involved, shouldn't have asked me to come. You better tell him for real Case."

"Fuck you Kev" I said getting into my jeep. I locked the doors and sat there for minute.

"What am I going to do now?"