Chapter 11

-CASEY-

I was at a loss for words as I held both my mom and granny so tight like I never wanted to let go. My mom was a single mom and she did whatever she had to do to make sure I was taken care of. Whatever I asked for, she made sure I had it. When I actually started making money, I made her quit her two jobs and bought her and my grandma a house. I paid all of the bills, kept groceries in the house and made sure they never had to spend a penny. And here we are, years later and my mom is still spoiling me.

I finally let go of them and walked over to the car to check it out. The windows were tinted so dark you couldn't see inside. I opened the door to reveal an all white interior with Casey embroidered into the driver's seat headrest. Jones was embroidered in the passenger side. There was a sunroof and all white floors. Ma went all out for this.

"Thank you ma." I said giving her one last hug. "Test drive it." She said back.

I looked at Michelle and Bree.

"Come on yall. Let's bend the block." I said to them as they ran towards the car. "You too." I said to Gabe smiling.

"And yall better not dirty up my shit." I said "Sorry ma." I added while looking at her. We got in the car and I pulled off with all the windows down blasting G-Shit by Webbie.

Tell me what you know about me

W-E-B-B-I-E

A-K-A Trill Ent

Young S-A-V-A-G-E nigga

In the streets that's where I be

That's where I'm at cuhz

Michelle, Bree and I rapped as I flew down the street rapping every word. I could tell Gabe was thrown off by this side of me so I rapped to him occassionally as he took drinks from his cup. I pulled back up to the house and parked the car right where my mom pulled up.

"Where did they go?" I asked Kev. "JMike took them back to the hotel. She said she knew you wanted to have your fun." He said back to me. Happy as hell I walked back in the house and threw my keys on the table. It was getting dark outside so we all started cleaning up. Usually after the pool party, we all sit around and kick it. Some folks leave while the wasted ones chill here. They know I don't go for drinking and driving.

Soon everyone left except Kev, Michelle, Bree, Gabe, JMike, KT and my cousin Tish. We all made our way into the living room as Kev lit up a blunt. I didn't smoke but I didn't mind it. Everyone knows I would rather them do it here instead of outside where they can get hemmed up. I sat back and propped my legs up on the coffee table with my cup full of henn. One hell of a birthday this was.

"Y'all remember that one time at church when Case snapped." JMike said.

"At church? Damn!" Gabe said as he rolled his blunt laughing.

"It wasn't even like that. Don't start Jmike" I said

"Shittttt." Kev said.

"I want to hear this." Michelle said.

I met Michelle and Bree during undergrad. They knew I was crazy. But, they didn't know half the shit that popped off during our childhood. Growing up with mainly boys, I was a tom boy and crazy as shit. I fought first, asked questions later.

"Aight so look," KT started "So it's after church and we usually chill outside and fellowship. It was kind of like the parking lot after the club was over." He said as everyone laughed. "So our cousin, LayLay walked up on Casey loud as hell saying 'let me holla at you for a minute Casey' Casey was standing on the curb with us. So we all looked at each other like what the hell. No one knew what was going on but apparently some shit popped off between Lay Lay and Casey at school. Casey let the fam get away with a lot of shit that regular folks couldn't get away with. So Casey said 'I aint got time for this shit Lay Lay. Not today.' so lay lay kept bugging and shit. We look up and Casey coming out of her earrings. See Casey is a whole lot different today. She never wore heels. You would catch her in some jeans, jays and a nice shirt with some big ass hoops. She stayed fighting. So anyway, back to the story. Casey took her earrings off and cocked back so far to where she was about to lean into LayLay shit. Jmike rushed over to grab Casey before she hit LayLay and took her across the street to calm down. Casey yelled 'you fucked with the right bitch on the wrong day Lay. I told you to quit fucking with me. Now it's on sight. At the alter, at a funeral, in front of the pearly gates, on motherfucking sight.'"

"At church?" Gabe said as he lit his blunt.

"At church bro. After we got her calmed down, we couldn't stop laughing at that shit. Casey was crazy as shit and it took a lot to calm her small ass down. She was a beast despite being so Tiny."

I sat there laughing as they continued to tell old stories. Gabe was sitting next to me and enjoying the stories. I soon leaned back on his chest to get comfortable as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Yall are so cute." Bree said.

"Shut up." I said to her rolling my eyes.

"Be careful Gabe. She almost caught a body in college." Bree added.

"Bruh please dont." I said putting my hand in my face embarrassed.

"im listening." Gabe said laughing.

"Case used to throw the livest sets and kickbacks, you know, house parties. We used to play this game called Circle of Death. Basically, you get a deck of cards and each card has a different meaning. So Ace means that the person who pulled it starts drinking and everyone else must fall in line and you can't stop until the person in front of you stops. Case was known for her high drinking tolerance so the dudes loved playing with her cause they knew she would get the women drunk. So basically, one night we were playing. Everyone was having fun until we heard some girl in the guest room yelling STOP GET OFF ME. Case ran to her room, grabbed a gun, burst through the door and put the gun at the nigga head, pulled the trigger and the gun jammed."

"Damn." Gabe said looking at me. "Ima start calling you my shoota." He said as I laughed.

"Man yall that was nothing but God cause I definitely would not be here today if that gun went off." I added. "What you said." Bree said nodding in agreement.

We all sat there talking and reminiscing until it was about 1 am.

"If you're staying here, you're going to church in the morning." I said to everyone in the room but more so to Gabe cause I knew all of them were going. This was the typical birthday weekend. We went to church and brunch on Sundays to conclude my weekend. Everyone got up going to find their sleep spaces as I looked at Gabe.

"What time is your flight?" I said to him. "Tomorrow night." He said. "Well you can crash here BUT you have to go to church." I added.

"That's cool." Gabe said causing me to smile. He was so sweet. It was different seeing this side of him under all that hood boy shit. Lord knows I love me a hood nigga though.

"Ima leave early in the morning to go change but I'll meet yall there. Send me the address." Gabe added.

I sent him the address and led him upstairs to one of the empty guest rooms. I kissed him goodnight and thanked him for everything before going to my room. As I walked away, he smacked my ass. I turned back and laughed before continuing to my room.