Chapter 20

-GABE-

"You know what Gabe? I didn't ask for none of this. I didn't ask for you to call me, text me, send me flowers. You chose me. I didn't ask to be posted on your IG, I didn't ask to be on TheShadeRoom, none of that. I convinced myself that it was normal, it would be okay, I could and would deal with it, FOR YOU because I wanted YOU. The only thing I did ask for, was for respect. And you couldn't even give me that."

I saw the hurt and anger in her eyes but I really wasn't trying to see or hear none of that shit. She was blowing my high and pissing me off. I still aint forgot about that nigga texting her. It's funny how she came here flipping shit on me like she's innocent. I was ready for her to get the fuck out of my face with all of this bullshit. She could tell I was over her shit too, she grabbed her bag and headed to walk out.

"Oh and that nigga you were so concerned about texting me? He's been texting me since I found him sleeping with his best friend. The funny thing is, you'll be texting me too once you realize what you're missing. & just like him, you'll be starving wanting another taste of Case. Enjoy your studio session, OG."

She said softly as she walked out trying to hide the pain in her voice. I still wasn't trying to hear that shit. She can go after that nigga. Case knew I had bitches all in my DMs waiting for a response.

It wasn't about the text message. It wasn't about her not texting the nigga back or entertaining the nigga. It was the fact that the nigga was comfortable enough to text her that shit. Not texting back wasn't enough. She needed to put that nigga in his place.

I went back in the studio and told everyone to leave except the engineer. For the next few hours, I smoked and finished a few songs before heading back to the crib. I still couldn't get my mind off Case. I didn't expect her to be this invested from how she was playing hard to get. She didn't ask for this shit but she wanted it just as bad as I did. I smoked L after L trying to clear my mind but I couldn't shake Case.

I was speeding home hoping she was still there but something told me she wasn't. She was too headstrong and stubborn. No lie, that shit was stupid. I really wasn't paying no attention to the bitch on my lap. She just wanted to be up under a nigga. Case was right. If I had walked in on her sitting on another nigga lap, I would've been hot. She handled it better than I would have. Her and that nigga would've been hurt, on God.

Just thinking about the way she handled it had me wanting her more. She didn't ask for much but the one thing she did ask for, I already fucked that up.

I pulled up to the crib and hopped out so quick I damn near twisted my ankle. Soon as I got into the house I screamed her name and she aint answer. I noticed the kitchen light was on so I went to turn it off.

On the counter, she left a note and a check for five bands.

Thank you for showing me a good time, although it was short lived. To think that you were any different, was the fool in me. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. This is for the session. If it's not enough to cover, send the bill to Tabitha. -Case

"FUCK!" I yelled as a I wiped my hands across my face. I tried calling her a few times but she sent me straight to voicemail so I poured me some Henn and sat on my couch. As I sparked another L, I turned on the TV and scrolled through IG. That's when I saw the picture Case tagged me in yesterday of her on the plane.

She was really feeling a nigga. She continued to step out of her comfort zone simply to please me and my dumb ass was too stupid to notice. I might've just lost the best thing that ever happened to me.

I sat back on the couch and continued to smoke my L scheming on how to get Case back.

"So have you watched the video from #LawyerBae over the weekend?" I heard coming from the TV. I turned the volume up. Some white nigga was questioning one of them black news hosts about Case.

"No I haven't." The black dude responded.

"Well let's take a look."

The video of Casey from the Justice Strut sitting there as she made the comments she had for Phil played. After the short clip, the white nigga started talking.

"Apparently she hosted a Justice Strut in response to the Tyreke Henderson case which she prosecuted on behalf of the family." He said.

"You know Stephen, that's one of the most beautiful things I have watched today. Not only did she read him to filth, but she did it so eloquently and elegantly as she sat there with her shoulders back and head high. We need more black women like her. Our black women are the reason why men like myself are here. No matter how bad we treat them, how disrespectful we are to them, they always have our back." The black nigga said.

"She has a boyfriend. Apparently, she's dating some rapper. You better be careful before he comes after both of us." White dude responded.

"What's her name?"

"Lawyer Bae, uhhhh" the white dude said as he scrambled through some papers. I continued to watch as I smoked. "Casey. Her name is Casey Jones."

"Casey Jones. Which one of these is recording?" The black dude said as he pointed to the camera. "This one? Okay cool. Casey, if no one has told you this lately, I appreciate you. I appreciate your persistence, your passion, your advocacy. On behalf of all black men, I want to say thank you." He said looking into the camera.

"I think what he meant to say was if you and the rapper don't work out, call him." The white guy added as they laughed.

I turned the TV off and sat back on the couch. I can't let Case go that easy. I wasn't going to let her go without a fight. I should've did this shit back at the studio but better late than never. This lame ass nigga was probably all up in Casey's DMs by now and she probably liked that shit. He look like the type of nigga she like.

I needed to see Casey and I needed to get to her now. I'm done playing with this girl. I picked up my phone and called Mia.

M: hello

Me: clear my schedule for the week, I'll be back

M: you only have studio time

Me: schedule it for next week and find me a flight to Atlanta, the first one out

M: I'll send you the information