Moving On

Sky

I was nearly finished packing when there was a knock on the door. So I put the credit card and jewelry in my purse and went answer the door. "Why the hell you ain't answering your phone" my mom asked standing there with her hands on her hips. When she saw my face her whole demeanor softened "Baby what happened?" she asked with concern and embracing me in a hug. "Nigel and I broke up" I said walking towards my room, I glanced back to see her quietly cheering "Ma" I said "Oh I'm sorry baby,I'm just glad you found him out how he was before you went any further because I know you wanted more with him" she said laying on the bed. That probably was partly true, but she never liked Nigel to begin with. She probably been praying for this day to come knowing her. "Yea, well he had no intention of taking this relationship to the next level" I said zipping my bag. "He's sad, I know someone that would be perfect for you" she said."Mom I'm really not interested, I don't want to be in a relationship..Period" I said, which I wasn't. After all this I'm done with men."Why are YOU leaving?" she asked enforcing the YOU. "I wouldn't go no where without tearing this muthafucka doown" she said.

"I just don't wanna be here, the whole purpose of us getting a house together was so that we could be together, and now that we're not, I don't wanna be here. Besides he's had another bitc.. I mean chick in here" I said correcting myself before that slipped out. "What" she said hopping up off the bed. "Where she at?" my mom asked "I don't know, and I don't care...she's pregnant to" I added "Ooh you just wait til I catch his ass," she said. And she meant it to, it didn't matter if it's a year from now he was gonna get it. "Mom I'm alright, me and the girls are having a little sleepover at my condo, that's where I'm heading now." "Alright baby, I'm gonna go check on your sisters, you know I was coming see you before me and your father go to Jamaica" she said doing a little shimmy then hugging me. "Alright mama have fun for me, and tell daddy I love him" I said smiling as I walked her out "OK and you know I will" she responded. If anybody could make me smile, it was my mom.

Just as she was leaving Bre, Cece, China, Bahja, and Star came walking up the driveway with their bags. "Let me get my car keys" I said walking back to my room to retrieve them, so they could put their bags in my range rover. I just grabbed my bags as well because the only thing I was taking with me was my clothes. I didn't want or need anything else from here. He still had a closet full of clothing and Jordan's. Before I left out I contemplated on whether I should grab a few. "Nah" I said walking out to my truck, but I still felt uneasy. "What's wrong?" Bre asked, "..Do you have a brother?" I asked "No..but I have aggravating cousins" she said. "I'll be right back" I said to them. So I went back in the house and grabbed a garbage bag and threw a pile of Jordan's in the bag, then I took piles of his clothing and place them in the tub. I stopped the tub up and went to the kitchen in search of bleach. There was at least 3 large bottles in the cabinet. I went back over to the tub and poured the bleach all over the clothes, I spread the clothes out as I poured. "Now I can leave in peace" I said aloud. With that we headed to my condo.

As we walked towards my door Dee, Chrissy and Kalen waited. "It's about time you got here" Kalen said as I was opening the door. "I had to do something" I said, "And what is that?" Chrissy asked. "Well Nigel left his credit card, jewelry, and shoes" I said winking at them. She slowly caught on,"My girl.. I ain't mad at you" she said happy. "I know we're supposed to just be sleeping over but since I got the credit card I figured" Before I could finish "Hell yeah!" is all I heard. "We can get whatever we want?" Star questioned "Anything you want" I siad with a smile "Aahhhh!" The girls screamed at once bombarding me with hugs and I love you's"

From there we headed to the mall "Oh these are so cute Bahja said picking up a pair of LV shades, "Get how many you want" I said."I can use some new fits, shoes, and fragrances, plus I need a dress to wear to Monica's wedding." With all that had been happening I forgot one of my friends from college was getting married tomorrow. We shopped in the mall until closing time, there was still a little money on his card. After heading home the girls had fun with having girl talk and pranking later on that night.

I woke up kind of early, I don't know why but when I know theres an event I like to be up early. Chrissy was up as well "Morning" I said getting up off the couch, I'm gonna start breakfast" I said "I'll help you" she said, but she seemed a little down. "What's wrong" I asked, "I'm pregnant" she said "Ahhh..your gonna be a mommy, why are you sad" My facial expression changed, I was truly happy for her because I had been there through her other relationships, and Kevin was truly different from a lot of guys. They had a relationship you'd dream about, because he caters to her and is truthful, and that's something I know she's always wanted. "We're not married yet and I don't want this to be the reason why he would want to marry me" she said "Morning" Kalen said walking into the kitchen, she sensed something was up "What's wrong?" she asked, I looked over at Chrissy and she said the same to Kalen as she did to me.

"Girl Kevin loves you, be happy about the position your in" Kalen said. The girls started getting up so we changed conversations. I'm gonna have to get you guys back home by at least 9" I said "Yeah, we have a wedding to attend" Dee added. After they ate Dee and Kalen took the girls home leaving me at the house alone. There wasn't much to do, so I decided to start getting myself together because the wedding started at 11. As I was getting ready there was a loud knock on the door. So I quietly made my way over to the door. When I looked through the peep hole, I saw a angry Nigel. I placed my hand over my mouth because I wanted to laugh so bad. I know he was pissed about me spending all his money, I think I left about $20 on his card.

Nigel was behind the scenes in the music industry, he worked with Young Money. Producing hits, that later made him well recognized. So I know spending the money shouldn't have hurt him that bad. He knocked once more, I was just looking at him through the peep hole getting angrier and angrier by the minute. "Sky I know you home, so open the door," still silence "Sky" he yelled I jumped a little that time. He sounded really mad, but I didn't care "Sky" he said sounding aggravated "No hobbley englae" I said trying to disguise my voice. "Stop playing and open the door" he said. "I don't allow dogs in my house" I said folding my arms across my chest.

Raquel

I was on my up to my sisters condo, but I stopped when I saw Nigel outside her door "I don't see why you tripping behind this Sky. It's not like I was being with her all the time, I was coming home to you" he said. This dude is really stupid and I know Sky to well, and there's no way he's making this up. "That's the motherfucking problem" she said swinging the door open. "You was fucking that bitch then coming home to me" she yelled. "But I love you, I want to be with you," he said "It sounds like your trying to convince yourself more than me, be honest with yourself, your not in love with me your in lust with me because the shit you pulled was not love.

Sky

I don't think he knows how stupid he sounds right now, but I was venting and it felt damn good. Because after this, I didn't want to see him again. "You know, I still don't wish any bad luck on you, because I still got love for you and unlike you I'll keep it real with you before I lead you to believe we could ever have anything, I still love you but I don't want you." I said, and it was the honest truth, I was still in love with someone that hurt me. But I didn't wanna be with him because nothing would ever be the same between us. "We been through to much stuff to end like this" he began "Truthfully we have, but it didn't keep you from doing what you did, now did it." "Your right, I think we can work this out, Adrienne was just a fling, that just happened to get pregnant" he said it like it was simple. "Baby, you don't have to explain anything to me...Nigel I hope you, Adrienne and your baby have a nice life, we won't work because I don't trust you, you had another bitch in my home, our home, it's pretty obvious you don't respect me, so goodbye." I said slamming the door.