Keep Me Laughing..

Sky

"Yes" Dee and Kalen said at the same time, I looked over to them "Say yes girl" Kalen said. "I would love to" I said with a smile, then a smile spread across his face "Can you put your number in?" We switched phones and I typed my number in his phone. "Are you gonna be busy tomorrow?" he asked "Actually I'm free tomorrow" he had good timing. Because after tomorrow I was going to be busy. "Well how bout around seven we go out to dinner?" he asked "alrite, but where ?" I asked "You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see" he said going over to his car. "Goodnight Sky" he said shutting his door and pulling off.

Kalen and Dee stood at the truck waiting for me "So you got a date" Dee said. "No we're just going to eat out, nothing more" I said pulling out of the driveway. "Mmm hmm" they said at the same time "What?" I asked. I really think they were putting to much on this. "You like him don't you?" Dee questioned. "I don't know him, if I liked him as far as looks then yeah, but I need more than that because just as cute as I think he is, I'm pretty sure he has other women" I said. "Well, Drake knows him" Kalen said "And he's been looking for a good women" Kalen said. "He's a really good person Sky, I don't want you to miss out on this" Dee said.

"We're just going eat out, he might become a friend of mine" I said to them "Yeah..friends with benefits because there ain't no way he's going to just be a friend when he finishes with you" Kalen said. I was starting to regret I said yes to going eat out with him. " Can yall just drop it, and if it turns out to be more then dinner I'll let you know" I said to them with a smile. That shut them up about that situation for a while.

After standing in line a little while we entered Club Envy. There was a rave going on for someone's birthday. We joined the dancing crowd and got in the mix. The Wop by Lil Chuckee came on and I was killing it. But I kinda moved to the side when a dance battle formed between Kalen and and a random girl from the club. She pulled me in and I started dancing, but I jumped when I felt a guy come behind me. I didn't know him, but it was innocent so I just kept dancing. We stayed out until about 3 in the morning.

Soon as I walked through the door I kicked off my shoes and layed in the bed. It was after 11 when I woke up and my phone began to ring "Hello" I said sounding a bit groggy "Hey sky" I heard Trey's voice through the phone, I instantly woke up "Yeah what's up" I asked. "I was wondering if we could go out at around 2 instead of 7?" he asked. "Umm..sure" I said getting up out the bed. "Cool can you send me the address?" he asked "Yeah, I'll text it to you" We hung up, and I went take a nice, long hot shower. When I got out I got beautified, then waited for him to arrive. It was 1:58, just as I was counting the time there was a knock on the door.

I looked through the peep hole and saw him standing there, and he looked damn good. I opened the door, and he looked shocked his self. "These are for you" he said handing me a bouquet of roses "Awe thank you" I said retrieving the flowers. I was surprised at the flowers on the first date. I had been with Nigel for going on 6 years, and he never bought me flowers. After placing them in the vase on my stand I closed my door and we headed to his car. He was driving a new Camaro, he walked ahead of me and opened my door, then he got in.

He took off from there "You look beautiful" he said to me "Thank you, I see you have a good eye for fashion as well" I said noticing the details "Well I try" he said. We arrived at the beach near by "Wait right there" he said as he came around to my side of the car to open the door. He grabbed my hand helping me out, then he walked me over to a table he had set up for us. It was very nice, he pulled out my chair.

"Care for any wine my lady" he asked sounding very formal. It sounded funny to me so I just started laughing at him, then he began to laugh. "Ah..she smiles" he said "I smile a lot actually" I said and it was true. "Oh really..you seem kind of quiet" he said pouring wine in my glass "I'm not, but when I first meet people I am kind of shy. Once I get to know them then I don't stop talking actually" I said. "I don't mind because I'm the same way" he said "I see as well, your very formal with your wee wee and oh boii" I said pertraying Madea. He laughed "You are funny" he said "Well I try" I said flipping my hair over my shoulder "What made you wanna take me out?" I asked. "This very reason..I love being around people who can entertain me" he said "You sound like me, if you can make me laugh we can talk anytime" I said.

My main attraction to people is sense of humor, because I get bored very easy. So if you can keep me laughing, we're good. "I see why China is such a character" I added "Yeah she is, she thinks she's a little women. I have to remind her I'm grown" he said "What's her relationship with her mother" I asked, but I didn't think maybe he didn't wanna talk about it until after I said it. He took a deep breath then said "When China was born her mom was still wilding out and wanted to party. And her grandmother didn't want to raise another child, so I took her and I was able to make it through college with the help of my mom and sisters, and I later got drafted into the NBA and last year I got traded over here" he said. "Ohh so your a basketball player" I said, "I knew you looked familiar, there's so many of you" I added.

"So you play with Tyrann, Kevin, and Drake?" I asked "Yeah, and we all went to the same college as well" he said. "So what's that life like?" I asked, I hadn't even realize he was a basketball player. "It's very fast paste, you have to keep God first because you can easily get lost, not being used to the large amounts of money, groupies, the public eye is on you more" he said "I know you know about that, I used to see you hooping at Notre Dame" he said. "I'm kind of familiar with it, but I didn't go into the WNBA so they backed up off me" I said.

"We should ball sometime" he said. "That'd be cool, I haven't hooped in a minute" I said. "What do you have for me to eat?" I questioned because I was getting hungry and I hadn't seen a single strimp or crab around here. "Oh..lol..Dee" he said and Destiny came out with a tray of some of my favorite food "Crawfish ettoufet for the lady and a side of lobster, Crawfish rice and tilapia fish for the man'' she said placing the food in front of me .

Now I was wondering what Kalen was up to, I should've known they would be some where involved. "How did you get her to do this?" I asked him. "They were really excited about me asking you out and wanted to help with something, so I asked for them to have the food prepared" he said. I was just out done.

"You wanna go for a walk?" he asked, "Yeah" I said rising from my seat. We walked a long the the beach and the sun was beginning to set. "I'm cold" I said "I would give you my jacket, but I'm cold to" he said. I looked at him as he continued walking "I'm just playing" he said placing his jacket around me.

We found a spot out on the beach and talked for a long time. It was starting to get late and I know he had his daughter to tend to so we headed home "Thank you for inviting me out" I said as he pulled up to my condo. "No problem, I had a really good time" he said "Me to" I said with a smile. He walked me up my my floor "Well goodnight" he said after I unlocked my door. "Goodnight" I replied, he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek, then walked off.