How Much Can I Take?

Sky

For the past couple of days China had been spending a lot of time with her mom. So a lot of the plans me and her had before she went back to school were canceled. It saddened me but I didn't want to come in beteen what her mother and her were finally building. Today China was gonna be spending the night with her and it was still early, and I was waiting on her to come. I walked in her room "What you doing?" I asked walking in "Getting somethings together for the night with my mommy" she said back "You need help with anything" Iasked her "No, I'm almost done" she said. "Alright, I'm gonna be in the kitchen" I said walking out "Sky" China called "Yeah" I said stepping back in the room "Thank you for everything, my daddy really loves you, and I like having you around" she said hugging me. That really made my day because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed because I hadn't talked to my mom for so long.

Just as I was getting wrapped up in my thoughts the door bell rung. "Who is it?" I asked before opening the door "It's Leah" she said from the other side. "Where's China?" she asked when I opened the door "China" I called looking back at her. I was noticing a change in her attitude and I didn't like it. "Hey mommy" China said running out the room to hug her "I'll go get her bags" I said going walk to the room "No I'll get it, I'm China's mother" she said going to China's room. China and I looked at eachother, China was a smart little girl so I know she noticed what I noticed. China may not be my biological daughter, but I treated her like a mother should because I had love for her and wanted to see her happy. But I just had to ask her "Leah, excuse me but is there a problem?" I asked "No I just want to go" she said going to her car.

I was trying my best to get along with her, but her attitude was making it hard for me. After they left Bre called me "Hey wassup Bre?" I asked "Sky I know I probably should've asked a long time ago, but I need somethings for school and I'm not gonna be able to get them by the time school starts" she said "Alright, what are you doing right now because I can go now" I said back "Nothing, I'll go get ready" she said getting happy "Alright, bye" I said hanging up. Today Kalen was off along with me, these were the hours  Dee was in the salon, and I know Chrissy wouldn't walk around all day so I decided to pick up Kalen.

"Wassup girl?" she said getting in my truck "Nothing really, but Leah stopped by today to get China" I began "Oh, what happened?" she asked looking at me. "Well lately I've been noticing her having a attitude towards me, and today when I opened the door for her the first thing she says is where's China" I said "No hey or nothing" Kalen said "No, and then I was about to go get China's bags for her, and she says No I got it I'm her mother" I finished. "No she didn't, she must be jealous, but that's her fault I don't care if I was a party girl or what my baby would've came first" she said. "That's how I feel, but I been holding my piece because I don't do the baby mama drama as it is. And I don't wanna over step" I said pulling into Brieunna's drive way.

I got out and went knock on her door and her mom opened it "Hi, thank you so much for doing this it really means a lot to me" she said thanking me "It's no problem, I really don't mind, plus Bre listens and thats good she's like that" I said to her as Bre was coming out. "Hey Sky" she said hugging "Hey girl" I said hugging her back "Alright mama" I said to her mother going to my truck. "Hey Kalen" Bre said buckling her seat belt. "Wassup Bre?" Kalen said back "Nothing boutta get the rest of my stuff for school." she said back. We headed to the mall, when we got there we went straight to Hollister and got Bre some pants, capris, shits, and I got a few things. Then we needed to go to Target, but I had to get a ice cream, I just love the way they make theirs in the mall.

After I got my ice cream, I couldn't help but notice Adrienne holding hands with my dad. "Like really, but he's sorry, oh alright, sorry my ass" I said in my head or so I thought. Kalen and Bre heard me and turned their attention to me "Ohhhhh" Kalen and Bre said at the same time "Rick" I yelled as we walked "Rick" I said again. He turned around smiling, but quickly dropped it when he noticed who it was. He dropped her hand "Skylar" he said my full name "What are you doing here?" he asked "No its not what I'm doing here, what are you doing here with her" I said more than questioned. She rolled her eyes, and I was liable to knock the taste out her mouth. But I wasn't willing to risk my career or respect in front of these people. "You know what, you have a wife at home that's who you need to deal with" I said walking off. I was in their business last time, so you know what I'm gonna stay out of it this time. Tasha can find out for herself, but I knew the truth. I was fatherless because I do not claim him.

"You alright?" Kalen asked "Yes, I'm fine" my ego wanted to go to my mom and say I told you so, but the love I had for her wouldn't let me do it. "But I'm meddling, what am I supposed to do if it's happening in front of my face?" I asked "I really don't know, but you did tell her once before, so it is what it is" Kalen said. After droppin her and Bre off I headed over to Trey's house. When I got there I went up to the bedroom and kicked off my shoes. I was tired from all the walking around in the mall, then the bathroom door opened. Trey was standing there looking good with a towel wrapped around him "Hey baby" he said pecking me on the lips "Hey" I said looking him up and down. He was looking very yummy, and we hadn't taken it there yet, but I was ready to tonight.

Trey hadn't pressured me about it because we had fun together and that wasn't really what we about. But I wanted to surprise him, so I went in the bathroom and changed into this little referee outfit I bought while I was in the mall, and I sprayed on the Coco Chanel he loved so much. "How was practice?" I asked from the bathroom "It was straight, I was with my niggas you know" he said back, I heard him getting on the bed. "What is that burning" he said "Boy, aint nothing burning" I said placing the hot curler on the counter. "I aint no boy, I'm a full grown man..girl" he said back as I was opening the door. "Oh really" I said standing in the door way, he turned and looked "Wowww" he said shutting his lap top and rising up to get a better look. "So that's all mines" he said "If you want it to be" I said back. I was kind of nervous about this, but I felt more comfortable than I thought I 'd be.He began planting kisses on my body, but I pushed him back and spread into a split on him him. I'll leave the rest to you imagination.

The next morning I woke up I was still wrapped in Trey's armsand I didn't want to wake him up. So I slowly moved his arms from around my body, but once I got free he wrapped his arms back around me. And I couldn't get out of his grip, so I just layedthere, then looked up at him noticing he wasn't sleep. He started laughing when I did realized, I hit his chest "You saw me struggling" I said "Yeah..lol..I wanted to see how long it took for you to catch om" he said kissing my cheek. "I was planning on going see my mom today, I'll have to catch her before 12" I said to Trey. I told him about what was going on and he kept telling me that I needed to talk to them. I knew I did, but I was in my feeling. "I'm glad for that.. you only get 1 mom and dad honor it" he said giving me one last kiss before I went over to my parents house.

When I got there I knocked on the door and my mom answered "Hey mama" I said as she opened the door. I wanted to hug her, but I didn't know what her reaction was to me so I just waited for her response. She folded her arms, I'm guessing she wanted me to talk, so I just began by saying "Mom I'm sorry for walking out the way I did. I love you, and I don't want to see you hurt" I said, even though I wanted to tell on my dad,I didn't because she was more important than proving a point. "Thank you baby" she said hugging me, I was a little surprised because the Tasha I know probably would've tried to kill me for the attitude I had with her. We walked in the house sot down, and started catching up on all that we'd missed out on within the last couple of months.

Then she brought up the conversation "Your dad and I had been trying to work on our marrige" she said, but I just continued to listen "And he ended up telling me how he knew that he had been walking around the mall with Adrienne and you blew on him" she said. So he's telling on himself I thought to myself. "That made me realize your father and I are growing apart, and we may not need to be together" she said. "I wanted to tell you, but I tried before and look what happened" I said.

After I left my moms house I headed back to Trey's and I noticed Leah's car there. When I walked through the door I heard them having a heated discussion and I guess they didn't hear me come in.  "She's my problem, I don't want her around my daughter" Leah said. "China loves Sky and I love her, plus you haven't been in my childs life to call the shots here" he said. "Whatever" she said about to walk out, but she stopped when she saw me "Leah is there a problem?" I asked as she stood in front of me. "Yes you are my problem, your around my child and my man" she said "Oh..really last time I checked you didn't want your child" I said back, she was making me mad for stepping to me because I had taken a lot off her that I don't tolerate. "Bitch I had her, not you so it doesn't even matter" she said "Ok and you want me to be mad..why..for what bitch you don't have shit to tell me. I asked you if you had a problem before, but what the fuck did you say..No..so don't come at me now with that bullshit." Just as I finished saying that Trey came stand in front of me "What's going on?" he asked.