Part 21: Hypophrenia

|| Hypophrenia

       ||||| A vague feeling of sadness, seemingly without causes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The night passes slowly like how the sand in the sandglass flows. I wake up from the bed that I shared with Baejin last night. I take a look at the clock on the well-painted wall.

03:30. I should pack up all of my things to leave tomorrow.

Before getting out from Baejin's room, I kiss his lip for the last time before I leave him. He mumbles something but I better go to pack up now before it's too late.

My feet step out of his room, heading to the room that I once shared with the other maid. I open the door quickly taking all of my clothes and put them in my luggage.

The maid wakes up because of the sounds that I made while packing up. She looks at me weirdly. "Erin..? Is that you? Why you're packing up?" She asks, brushing her eyes and yawns.

"I'm.. I'm leaving this mansion. I have an emergency." I lied.

"Do Butler Kang and Young Master Bae know about this?" She asks me another question.

I hesitate to answer and stay silent instead. She stops my hand from zipping the bag as I finished packing up. "Are.. Are you doing this without telling them?" She seems so shocked.

"It's an emergency. I don't have time to tell them.."

"You know they won't be like themselves if you are leaving, right? I'm afraid that they will fight with each other.." She comments.

I silent for a while, thinking deeply. ".. I have made my mind. Mianhae unnie.." I tell her before taking my bag, leaving the room.

I walk to Mr Bae's room to get my flight ticket from him. I knock on his door a few times but I bet that he must've been sleeping right now. Suddenly, a hand touches my shoulder shocking me. I dropped my bag as a figure that I want to walk away from welcomed me.

"D-D-Daniel... What are you doing here?" I stutter badly.

"I'm the one that should ask you that.. What's with that bag?" He points at my luggage.

"Ah.. It's just I want to carry it around. Nothing else.." I fake smile.

He tries to reach for my luggage but I hide it behind my petite body. He looks at me weirdly as he comes closer to me. He tries to push me away from trying to hide my luggage. He desperately wants to see what's inside it and he finally snatched the luggage away from my hand. He unzips it, holding the bag upside down until all of my clothes fall on the ground. 

"What do all these clothes mean? You're leaving, right?" He asks in anger tone.

"So what if I'm leaving?! I don't even deserve to be here! Please, Daniel... Just let me do what I want." I raised my voice for the first time ever.

He pushes me to the wall, kissing me deeply limiting my breathing. I feel something wets my cheeks when his lip stops working on mine. I heard some weird noises coming from Butler Kang. I take a look at him with full of worries.

"Daniel.. Are you crying? Let me look at you.."

He hesitates to let me touch his face or even his hands. He wipes his tears using his sleeves, backing away from me. "Mr Bae is the one who told you to leave, right?"

"No... It's me who wanted to do so." I answer directly.

"Mwo?! You're lying, right? Do you want to make me believe you that you're the one who wanted it, right? Erin, let's discuss this thing with Mr Bae precisely." He takes my hand, trying to open Mr Bae's door.

"Stop, Daniel. Mianhae... I'm not lying." I stop his hand from twisting the doorknob. "I really want to hide this thing from you and Baejin or either Jinyoung. I hate to say this but... I don't even love you." I continue.

I'm sorry Daniel but I have to lie to make you let me go.

"You really mean that.. Erin? You don't even love me?" He asks, shocked.

I nod unwillingly. "I just act up like I love you but I surely feel nothing when I'm with you." I lied.

He throws my clothes to me. "Just go! I don't even want to see someone who plays with my feelings! Just leave! I don't care about you at all!" He yells loudly.

I see Butler Kang walks away from me while combing his hair in anger. I feel glad that he is willing to see me leaving this mansion although I feel so bad lying to him. I take all of my scattered clothes with tears flowing down my cheeks.

I'm going to be fine... I can now leave without making one of them forbid my actions.

I knock on Mr Bae's door, waiting for him to open the door. After a few seconds of waiting, the door finally opened. He is still in his sleeping robe, rubbing his eyes. "What are you doing here? It's still early morning. It's 4:15 AM." He said while yawning.

"I want to leave early... Can I?" I ask him, kneeling down.

"I will consider that but the earliest that I could be fine with is the time after my breakfast time - around 7 AM." He answers.

"But why you want to leave so eagerly? I thought you have such a hard time to leave my mansion." He continues by asking me.

"I have made everyone hates me.." I answer, holding my tears.

T B C