Part 16: Serendipity

|| Serendipity

||good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I stay silent, thinking the best way to answer Baejin's curiosity. He tugs on the end of my shirt, pleading me like a puppy. "... Baejin, I.." I stutter.

"You really did it?" He asks me again.

I hug him while tearing up badly. "Mianhae... I don't mean to kill him. I shouldn't show up in front of you anymore. I'm not good for you.."

"He's still alive, Kyung. When I'm asleep this morning, I'll make sure he'll be the one who will greet you in the morning. If not, I think he loves me so he wants to live like me. He's not that weak to die now." He smiles, joking around. "I think I should sleep now to wake Jinyoung up. I can't bear to see you crying all night long." He continues.

He takes my hands off from him, patting my head before walking inside. Baejin really cares a lot about me. Even though he hates his other personality but he is a tolerant person. Why do I act like this when he wants to help me? 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sorrow night passes. The morning welcomes me with its brightness. I quickly get off the bed and take a look at Baejin who is sleeping soundly. Is he still Baejin or Bae Jinyoung still alive? I approach him, touching his nose to wake him up.

"Aren't you still unsatisfied to sleep in my room? Or do you want to sleep next to me?"

I know who said those kinds of things - Jinyoung. I hug him tightly, feeling glad. "You're still alive! I'm sorry... I love you a lot. I'm a liar if I said I'm not loving you.." I confessed.

"Me too.. I love you." He replies all of sudden, breaking the moments.

I look at him, shocked. He suddenly pulls me to lie down next to him, gazing at me deeply. "Do you like it?"

"... What?" I stutter. I feel that my cheeks heat up.

He comes closer to me, closing the gap that separates both of us just now. "What you're thinking about? I'm talking about how would you feel if we share a bed. You seem to enjoy my bed." He flicks my forehead while smirking. 

"Dirty minded girl.." He whispers to my ears before biting a bit of my earlobe.

I push him away with such a red-faced. "I'm going to help Butler Kang setting up the breakfast." I make up an excuse, trying to get off from the bed but he already back-hugging me tightly.

"I have told you that it's not your job. You should always be there for me. And now here you are. Let's cuddling on the bed now." He snuggles on my shoulder.

"Stop it... We are still not adult yet." I give him a warning before he starts to kiss my cheeks a few time.

"So what? Only a few years left for both of us to turn into an adult." He rests his head on my shoulder while his hands are playing with my ears.

Why is this the first time ever I feel that Jinyoung is clingy?, I thought.

"Why? Is it wrong for me to be this clingy? Do you want me to trap you into that dark room again?" He asks as he heard my mind.

I shake my head in silence. He snickers, kissing my cheeks continuously. Suddenly, the door opened without any knocks or even voices. There stands a man that looked like around father age with Daehwi by his side. "Bae Jinyoung! What are you doing?! Who is this girl?!" The man shrieks all of sudden.

Jinyoung quickly pushes me away, bowing at him 90 degrees. "Abeoji... You're here already. I thought that you said that you want to come next week.."

Jinyoung's words stopped as the man that he called as the father just now slapped him really hard until he fell on the floor. "I never told you to get a girlfriend or doing this dirty thing! I told you to hire a caretaker for your identity problem!" Jinyoung's father growls in anger.

"Appa.. Don't be this mad. That girl there is his caretaker actually." Daehwi interrupts.

Jinyoung's father walks towards me, tugging me harshly. "What do you think you're doing?! Seducing my son?! You came here only for money, right? Tell me how much you want and please leave my son before you do something overboard. Your level is lower than his if you want to be his. Why don't you just seduce someone who is the same level as you like Butler Kang over there?" He disses.

My heart feels like it has been stabbed by a sharp sword. "I'm sorry... But I'm not here for the money." I tell him bravely.

His grips on my shirt loosen. "Mwo?! How dare you talking back to me?!"

Before his hand lands on my cheek to slap me, Jinyoung hugs me to defend me from his father's painful action. He winces a bit but his hands still embracing me. "Yah! Bae Jinyoung! Move... I still haven't done with her! She should know who I am!" His father shouts, trying to pull Jinyoung away from me.

"Jinyoung... Just let me go. I'll be fine. He will just hurt me a bit." I whisper to him.

"I won't. I'm ashamed to show you his bad side. I'll sacrifice myself for you." He whispers back.

"Don't. I don't want to lose you again. You don't know how hurt I am yesterday when you're not by my side. So... Please? I'll be fine." I beg him again.

His hands leave my timid body, distancing a bit from me. Now, his father who is standing in front of me, getting his knuckles ready before giving me a lesson. "Follow me to my room or not you'll get something worse." He states before leaving the room with Daehwi in anger.

What will I face soon?

T B C