Part 20: Sonorous

|| Sonorous

        ||||| An imposingly deep and full sound

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Great to know that you realized you're not needed here at all. Pack your things and don't tell any of them that you're leaving tomorrow."

I nod after finished discussing this thing with Jinyoung's father. I bow at him before leaving his huge room. He really wants me to get away from this place as he kept on repeating 'you're not deserved to be here'.

I don't know where do I want to head to. My feet lead me to the garden that I will miss a lot if I'm leaving tomorrow. I touch all the flowers but all the petals fall on the ground willingly. Am I this willing to leave this place?

"Kyung!" The voice of the person I love calls me.

"Bae.. Baejin" I stutter as I almost call him Jinyoung.

Yeah.. It's already evening. I won't see Jinyoung again tomorrow. I should spend time with Baejin who will see me for the last time.

"Kyung? Why you're so silent? Do you have any problem?" He asks, holding my hands.

I take a look at his face that seems so cheerful but worried at the same time. "Nan Gwaenchana.. Baejin, can we watch stars together tonight? I want to know more about constellations.." I change the topic to something that I never thought about.

"Constellations? Why all of sudden? The night still not rise yet. We have to wait for 2 more hours to see stars." He answers softly.

".. You're right.."

"Why you sound so sad? I know something must be  happening.." He caresses my hair.

"I'm sad because the night welcomes me so late.." I lied.

"Aww why you're so cute~" He kisses my cheeks. "While waiting for the stars to wake up, what do my cutie Kyung wants to do now?" He asks.

Hanging out with you for the last time...

"Why you're looking at me like that? I can't read your mind.." He chuckles.

I call his name a few times, looking at him answering me without even being mad at me. "Why you're so kind? Why you're not mad at all when I'm being so annoying?" I ask him.

"You never annoy me and I really love it if you keep on calling my name like that." He smiles.

What if I'm not here for you anymore... Will you miss me?

He pulls me to lie down on the ground together with him, surrounded by the fallen leaves from the maple trees. He kisses my cheeks for a few times before resting his head on my shoulder.

A few minutes passed as I realized that Baejin doesn't even asked me anything anymore. I take a look at his face, he is dozing off. Maybe Jinyoung used his body harshly.

I trace his face using my finger softly, afraid that I would wake him up. My tear drops on his right cheek. He opens his eyes and takes a look at me. ".. Kyung.. Are you crying? Wae? You really look like you have something inside.." He asks.

"Baejin.. I don't know how to tell you about this but... Can you forgive me on whatever I'll be doing in the future? Although I'll be leaving you?" I ask him back.

His face turns into worrisome. "You will be leaving?! Wae?"

"I'm just asking. Don't take it too seriously. I just want to know what your opinion. I should know, right?" I smile at him with watery eyes.

He hugs me instead of giving me answers. He nibbles on my neck as his hands interlock with mine. "You will never leave me.. I won't let that kind of things to come. You will forever be with me here. I won't lose you.."

As he speaks up his mind, I feel so sorry about what will happen tomorrow. I could only give him a lie that I will never leave him alone. The evening turns into night in just a few blinks. He breaks the hug, sitting on the bench to wait for the stars to build up constellations. He hums a song while looking at the dark sky with some lights on it.

I will surely miss his happy-go-lucky behaviour, his smile and his sweet moves.

"There is no stars tonight.." I mumble sadly.

"There is.. Don't worry. See, the blinking light there." He points at the sky to make me smile but he lies to me actually.

"It's a plane.. Baejin." I reply him sadly.

"Awhh don't be sad, Kyung. Your star is here! Forever shining for you!" He suddenly stands up, dancing randomly.

I laugh when looking at him. "You are shining brightly.."

"I think we should get inside. The stars don't want to see me." I continue.

He takes my hand, entering back the mansion with a bright smile. He brings me to the bedroom instead of having dinner with his family members. He lies me down on the bed, kissing me deeply. "I love you.. Don't leave me although I know you're just joking."

.. Mianhae

I'm not joking ...

T B C