Part 18: Epoch

||  Epoch

        ||||| A particular period of time in history or a person's life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My feet stopped my pace when I reached Jinyoung's room. I remembered Butler Kang's advice just now. I reach the knob of the door, hesitating whether to twist it open or not. The door opened as I quickly pull my hand away.

".. Kyung, are you okay?" Jinyoung who comes out from the door approaching me with full of worries. His hands try to reach my face but I walk back automatically.

"Wae? Did my dad slap you? Your cheeks seem so red.." His hand changes to hold my chin.

My heart wants him to care about me but at the same time, my mind keeps on recall what his father told me before. I take his hand off of my face gently. His face shows a lot of confusion.

".. Kyung.. Something's not right. What did my father do?" He takes my hand, closing the gap that I created before.

I just shake my head, trying to get his hands off from mine. "Nothing's wrong. It is just..."

"Your mind is thinking something else. My dad told you something, right? Is he threatening you?" He looks at me seriously.

"Jinyoung.. Please. If you want the best for us, just let me do what I have in mind right now. You know what I want to do now.." I tell him softly.

"Why does your mind keep thinking the same thing since I opened the door? Why do you want to... to run away from me? Is that really what you want?" He asks.

"Mianhae.. You changed because of me. Your dad wants your cold self back." I apologize.

"But I changed because your loves towards me is pure. My dad doesn't even care about me. He just loves Daehwi so much. I don't want to follow his words.." Jinyoung insists.

"But if he saw us.. You might not be able to see me again. I'm not joking around.." I hold my tears from coming out.

"I won't let him take you away from me. And I won't let you go. I'll be by your side no matter what the condition is." He interlocks my hand with him, taking me downstairs.

"Jinyoung.. Please, stop. I'm serious right now." I pull him away to stop him from continuing his steps to go to the kitchen to eat the lunch together with his other family members - his father and Daehwi.

He takes me to the dining table where is already occupied by his father, Daehwi and other butlers and maids by their sides. My eyes darted on Butler Kang who seems shocked to see my presence together with Jinyoung.

"Let's eat, Kyung.." Jinyoung pulls out the chair for me to sit on it.

His father's eyes are watching me, stopping him from eating his appetizer. He puts down his cutleries and slams the table in rage. "What are you doing?! I already told you to stay away from my son, right?! Are you deaf?!"

My pupils shake with fear. Jinyoung takes me to sit on the chair, ignoring his father's words. He pulls out the chair next to me and accompanies me. He asks the maids to get both of us the same appetizers as how his father and Daehwi got.

"Don't get any food for that uninvited person. Get her out from this dining table too. She makes this place become a pigsty." His harsh words stab me a lot.

I look at Jinyoung who is holding my hand to stop me from leaving the dining table. "Jinyoung.. I don't want to worsen this situation." I whisper.

"Abeoji.. Why you're saying those things to your future in-law? She will be my wife soon." He bravely tells his father.

His father face turns red. His father pulls me away from the dining table harshly, slammed me into the wall. "You lied to me? What kind of things have you done to my son now?! I know I can't trust you!" He scolds me.

I winced in pain, again. He tries to choke me but Butler Kang takes Jinyoung's father's hand from touching my neck. "Mr Bae, please don't. Just fire me if you think she is lying." He said.

"Fire you? I can.. But first I have to know who's the one she really in love right now? Whether it's really my son or you." Jinyoung's father smirks. "Kiss the one that you loved the most, lowly profiled girl." He continues.

My body is free from his harsh actions. I think carefully before my legs start their pace. I find out that I'm standing in front of Butler Kang instead of Jinyoung. I feel so sorry to Jinyoung as he looks at me with full of confusion. "Mianhae.. It's good for both of us. But I still love you, I promise." I mouth at him.

I tiptoe to reach Butler Kang's height, closing my eyes while kissing his lip with mixed feelings. After a few seconds, I broke the kiss as I feel so guilty towards Jinyoung. When I looked around, Jinyoung already is gone. I don't want to hurt him but now I am doing it.

"Now, you have proved me that you loved Butler Kang. So, you don't have any reasons to go near my son again. I wish both of you could be happy together and.. Butler Kang, please take a look at her so she won't try to approach my son at all." Jinyoung's father reminds Butler Kang before sitting back on the dining table. "You may dismiss. You shouldn't eat here." I heard his blabbering.

I follow Butler Kang to leave the dining room. He stops walking, making me accidentally bump on his back. ".. Erin, your kiss just now.. Why does it have such a sad feeling inside?" He asks.

How does he know? How do I want to explain to him?

T B C