Part 8: Woebegone

|| Woebegone

      ||||  affected by or full of grief

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bae Jinyoung drags me to upstairs which is truly different from what I think - getting me out from this mansion. He pushes me into a dark pitched room without any window and lights inside. I hold his leg, begging him not to leave me here alone. He ignores me, closing the door. "Leave her in this room for a day. She will learn from her lesson that way." I heard Jinyoung said to Butler Kang who tries to open the door.

"I won't do it again! Please... Daehwi told me to do so." I cried out loud while banging on the door continuously. I don't care for my untreated hands' conditions that got cut by the glasses in the bathroom before.

"Stop.. Hang in there for a while. I'll try to get the key from Jinyoung when he already fell asleep." Butler Kang tells me softly.

"Help me please, Daniel. You're the only one that I could rely on."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few shakes on my body wakes me up from my sleep. I heard the voice of the person who brought me here in this room, waking me up. I backed off until my back hits the wall. "Don't come near me.. I'm not doing it on purpose." I cried. 

"It's me, Baejin. Jinyoung must have done this thing to you. He hasn't used this room for quite a long time." A soft voice welcomes me instead of a harsh and angry tone that pushed me into here.

I follow his lead to leave that scary room, heading to his bedroom. He caresses me with worried looks. "You looked so pale. That room must've made you scared a lot. Why he did that to you?" He asks, holding my bruised hands.

I hug him tightly, crying while snuggling on his chest. "Can you just stay by my side and not Jinyoung? I'm afraid of him. You're right about him, he is the cruellest person I ever saw in my life."

"What happened, Kyung?" He caresses my hair, patting my back calmly.

"I followed Daehwi words to cut Jinyoung's clothes because Daehwi said that I will be free from this mansion. But everything is a lie and I trapped in that room for a few hours. Thank goodness you're helping me out from that room or not I'll be in there for a day without light and foods." I sob.

"I will make sure Daehwi get the right punishment for hurting my Kyung." His tone changes.

I hold him before he stands up, taking his revenge on Daehwi. "Spend time with me and don't change, please. I need happiness, right now." I whisper, tugging on one of his sleeves.

"Let's go to the amusement park. I'm also bored being in this mansion."

Does he lie because he wants to fulfil my wish? Why Bae Jinyoung can't act like Baejin? I don't need his magic and telepathy power. Baejin who is normal like how I am is better.

I follow him downstairs to go to the front door that I really want to open before. Suddenly Butler Kang comes from nowhere, stopping Baejin from opening the door. "It's already late night. You shouldn't get out at this time. It's dangerous for you, Young Master." He warns.

"But... Kyung wants to have happy moments right now. You don't help her when Jinyoung locked her inside that creepy room when I'm not here. As always, you're not helping me at all Daniel Hyung. Let's go, Kyung." Baejin ignores Butler Kang's words, leaving the mansion.

I somehow feel uneasy about this. Butler Kang knows what will happen to Baejin better than me. Baejin opens the car's door, telling me to get in. I hesitate as Butler Kang looks at me with a 'No' expression.

"Baejin... Can Daniel spend time with us? I think he also needs to have some relax time." I try to give suggestion to Baejin who stares at Butler Kang with full of hates.

"If you say so.. Hyung, get in." Baejin sighs.

I get in Baejin's car right after Butler Kang. I'm in between Baejin and Butler Kang. Baejin is holding my hand while Butler Kang is looking at the scenery outside, silent for a while. He makes me worried by his warning.

"Daniel.. Are you fine? If you don't want Baejin to go out, I can tell him not to and just play with me in the mansion." I whisper to Butler Kang.

Suddenly, Baejin pulls me to sit closer to him, creating a gap between Butler Kang and I. One of his arms is circling my waist. "I'm sure that you will have fun when we arrived at the park." He snuggles on my neck like a little child.

I try to talk with Butler Kang again but Baejin's actions always stopped me from doing it. He hugs me all of sudden, kissing my cheeks and so on. Is he jealous?

"We have arrived, Young Master." The driver tells Baejin as the car stopped in front of a shining park.

Butler Kang uses the other door and I follow Baejin to exit the car on the opposite door as he doesn't let my hand go. I try to talk with Butler Kang again but he sure takes me to take a tour around the amusement park, leaving Butler Kang behind.

"Baejin.. Let my hand go, please. I know what kind of rides they have here. I once went here before.. Can we just play together with Butler Kang?" I ask him as I'm still aware of Daniel's warning.

"Are you taking this chance to spend time with Butler Kang since he always busy in the daytime?" Baejin asks me back, annoyed.

Are you jealous Baejin? I just want to figure out what Butler Kang said just now..

T B C