Part 19: Aquiver

||  Aquiver

       ||||| Quivering, trembling  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I stand in front of Butler Kang with my ready mind. ".. Daniel, when I was kissing you just now..." I stutter.

"You think of someone else.." He speaks up instead of myself. I'm shocked as I heard his words. How could he know about it?

"Erin.. I know what's in your heart right now. You love all of us - Bae Jinyoung, Baejin and me. So, you don't know which one you want to choose and you will feel bad if one of them got hurt because of your confessions." He explains. "I understand.. But I can wait for you to really find who's the one that captures your heart." He continues.

"Daniel, why you're so kind to me? I feel so burdensome right now.." I come closer to him, hugging his waist tightly.

"You're finding Young Master Bae, right? Let's search for him together. I think I know where he is." He tells me after kissing my head.

I break the hug, looking at him gratefully until he changes the situation to a humor. "Btw your hair smells so bad. How long you let it un-shampoo?" He teases.

He runs, leaving me behind as I start to chase him like how kids used to play. I stop chasing him when I saw Jinyoung's figure in the reading room. I enter the room silently, not to disturb him who is using his magic on the roses in the vase. The roses change into various colors but most are black.

".. Jinyoung?" I ask him slowly.

"Who told you to enter? Get out.. Get out before I do something to you!" He raises his voice but his back still facing me.

"Jinyoung.. I want to explain.."

I paused as he finally turns around to face me. His face full of bruises and bleeds. "What happened..?" I ask him curiously.

"Just get out! You're lying to me all day long! " He shouts.

Before I could step closer to him, he slams the door close after he pushes me out of the room. I bang on the door continuously, asking him to open the door while crying out loud. Butler Kang tries to get me up from the floor after a while I have been sobbing there. I let him drag me away from the room, going to the bedroom that I shared with Jinyoung.

"Erin.. Don't cry. It hurts me to see you being like this." Butler Kang tells me while caressing my face.

"I don't know what to do anymore... I better leave this house before I hurt all of you again." I reply.

"Erin.. You're not this weak! I know you can still work on it!" He gives me supports but I feel so soulless right now.

"Daniel... Can I have time alone right now? I want to ease my painful heart." I ask him.

He nods and pats my head before leaving the room. I lock the door as I'm alone in this room. I lie down on the bed that Jinyoung always sleeps on. The incident where he cuddles me on the bed comes back to my mind.

I think I have made my decision on what I will do to get all these things back to normal... By sacrificing myself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

An hour before evening comes and before Jinyoung changes to Baejin. I try to search for Jinyoung around the house but he's not around. I walk past his father's room as suddenly I heard some conversations with the voices that I could recognize. It's Jinyoung's voice.

I take a peek at the small keyhole to see what's going on inside. Jinyoung stands in front of his father who is sitting on the living chair with a stick in his hand. Is he the one that beats Jinyoung this afternoon?

The door opened all of sudden, making me stumbled down on the floor. "Appa! Erin is eavesdropping!" Daehwi screams with his kid-like voice. He brings me into the room although I refused for a few times. He pushes me to the floor, right in front of his father and Jinyoung.

Jinyoung doesn't even give me a look. His father harshly pulls me to sit on the armrest of the living chair. "Why you're eavesdropping our family business? You think you deserve to be my son's wife? Answer me." He touches my chin, meeting his eyes with mine.

"She wouldn't, abeoji. I'm the one who is wrong to say those things to you. I don't even love her and it's true that she is the one who seduced me."

"Bae Jinyoung..." I stutter because of his unexpected answer.

"So, you wouldn't mind if I do anything to her?" His father asks Jinyoung as he chokes my neck slowly.

"Why should I care? I don't think I need a caretaker like her anymore." Jinyoung answers.

"Daehwi and Jinyoung, let's discuss on another day. I want to do something for this girl." His father smirks, letting go of his hand that is choking me.

As the door closes, his father takes me to the other living chair next to him. He tells me to take a seat with a sly smile. "So.. No one wants you anymore except Butler Kang maybe. I will do what I want to you.."

"Can you fulfill my wish?" I cut his words bravely. He looks at me, shocked.

"Wish? Like you know that you're going to be dead soon." He smiles cunningly.

"Send me out of this country like how you told me before.. But don't fire Butler Kang or do anything to your son. Please..." I plead.

"I love it when you're surrendering."

Goodbye, Jinyoung.. Baejin and Daniel.. This is the best for all of you and for me too.

T B C