Part 3 : Metanoia

|| Metanoia

      |||| the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self or way of life.

~~~~~~

Baejin takes me to somewhere else to avoid Butler Kang to search for him. He brings me to a beautiful garden on his mansion's lawn. I smell each of the flowers there before the worries linger in my mind again.

I look at Baejin who is sitting on the bench, staring at me with a cheery smile. Should I ask him about his matter with Daniel?

"You seems to like being here so much, isn't it?" He asks me.

"Urm... Baejin. May I ask you..."

"If it's about Daniel hyung just now, I won't answer." He answers.

"But you once said that he is your favourite hyung, right?" I'm puzzled.

"Don't call his name. He took Lin from me. Lin was my best friend, he was tall and handsome. But Daniel attracted Lin to pursue his dream of becoming a rapper. Lin left me.." He sighs.

"Daniel is just my friend. I don't even think that I want to follow him everywhere. I've been responsible to take care of you." I smile.

"Really? Don't betray me." He glares at me.

"I'm not. And I won't.."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I take Baejin back to his room where Daniel is still inside there, waiting for him. He hesitates to enter but I push him to step forward. Daniel welcomes him with a smile instead of an unhappy face. "Baejin, the doctor said that your condition already stable now. How about we go to play soccer?"

"Hyung... Really?! I miss playing soccer with you." Baejin excitedly shrieks.

I'm being confused with Bae Jinyoung and Baejin personalities. Baejin is more like how people around my age would act. But Bae Jinyoung just now... Maybe differ.

Baejin suddenly grabs my hand, leaving his room. "Why you're zoning out? Come and join us to play soccer." He smiles brightly.

It's the first time I saw him smiling this brightly. He looks so handsome when a smile planted on his face. In Bae Jinyoung self, I never saw that side of him before. Baejin is more bright and youthful, I think.

When we arrived at the soccer field behind his mansion, I take a look around as there's no one else. "Do both of you just play by yourselves only? I mean this field is huge but no use.."

I stopped when Butler Kang points at a place. A few boys are running towards our direction while waving at Baejin. Do all of them are Baejin's friends? Wow... Truly differ from Bae Jinyoung just now that keep on being alone.

All of them are hugging Baejin as soon as they arrived. I'm shocked to see the sudden presence of them. "It's also hard for his friends to know which side of him is today. I'm the one that will tell his friends to visit him when he is Baejin." Butler Kang whispers.

"So, I have to know 'both of their' personality very well so then I can tell his friends whether it is Baejin or Jinyoung, right?" I thought.

"Cutie Kyung! Daniel hyung! Let's play!" Baejin calls both Butler Kang and me to follow him to the centre of the field.

"I don't know how to play soccer. I will just be your cheerleader." I tell Baejin before he forces me to play something I hate.

"Urm.. Okay then. Root for my team okay?!" He winks and blew a kiss to me before walking with his friends.

Heol... Seducer trait detected.

I sit on the nearest bench on the field. A figure of a guy approaches me, taking a seat next to me. He has a cute face, plump lip and a pair of beautiful eyes. His hair completes his face to become my ideal type. He just stays quiet watching the soccer match as it has started.

"It's a pity that he missed that goal." He mutters.

I look at him with full of curiosity. He then turns to face me when I stared at him for a long time. "Wae? Is there something on my face?" He asks.

I shake my head, distracting myself by watching the soccer match. "You're curious who I am, right?" He asks, breaking the silence.

"I'm... Lee Daehwi. Baejin's brother. You must've heard about me, right?" He smiles at me.

"Yes... You're his stepbrother, right?" I stutter.

"So, Butler Kang must be the one that telling you about me, right?" His face is too cute to resist. "I heard from the other maids and butlers that you're going to be my brother's caretaker. But... Are you really serious about that?" He asks.

"My mom made this decision for me actually. I'm not interested at all in these kinds of things. I told my mom that I want to pursue my dream to become a freelancer and guess it, she told me to do this." I slap my forehead.

Daehwi takes my hand, stopping me from continuing to slap my forehead. "You'll be hurt, noona. You should love yourself, not hurting yourself." He advises me.

"... Thanks, Daehwi." I stutter.

Suddenly, a shadow darkens out spot. I look in front where Baejin stands with folded arms. "Have fun with my brother, huh?" He looks unsatisfied.

"Yah! Daehwi.. Stop taking my cutie Kyung! She is mine and no one can steal her!" He raises his voice to Daehwi, shocking that small brother.

"Hyung! I'm just hanging out with her by chitchat for a while. Is that wrong? Like you ever saw what Jinyoung did to her?"

I'm flustered as I heard Daehwi's words. Don't speak that matter up, please. I don't know what will happen next..

T B C