Part 6: Sempiternal

|| Sempiternal

    |||| having no known beginning and presumably no end

The bangs on the washroom door start to fade away. Does Daniel already give up to search for me, I thought.

"No.. Someone else is going to search for you." A voice answers me instead of Butler Kang.

The door unlocks, Bae Jinyoung walks towards my direction. He takes me out of the washroom harshly by pulling me using his strength. I think that my arm could fall out when he did that.

"Did you really love it for making others worried about you? Are you really want to get that much attention?" He starts to question me in an annoying way. "Answer me!"

The moment he raises his voice I jolted up, shocked. Can't he see my condition right now? Doesn't he feel sorry for saying the words that hurt me just now?

"Your condition always like this - miserable. Why should I feel sorry for my words? Which one that you hate? Attention seeker? Cheap girl?" He asks me again and again.

SLAP!

I can't hold my anger anymore. My hand already slapped his face as loud as the sound echoes around the hallway. His cheek turns red with some finger patterns on it. Both of us stay silent right after the incident.

"What happened just now... Young Master! Gwaenchana?!" Butler Kang appears from nowhere all of sudden, taking a look at Jinyoung's face.

As he examined the prints on Jinyoung's face, he turns around to ask me. "Erin.. Did you just slap Young Master? Tell me that you weren't the one.."

"I am. I'm proud to say that I am. I won't let someone spoil my life even though he is a Young Master. If he can speak all the things that he wants, why can't I do what I want to?" I mutter.

"Erin.. Let's talk for a while." Butler Kang tries to take me away to discuss it but I yank his hand away.

He catches my hand before I hide it from his view. His palm paints with the blood that was on my hand. There are still a few small pieces of broken mirror on my knuckles.

"Erin.. What happened? Why your hand bled?" He asks.

"As I said, she just wants attention. She wants everyone to worry about her. I think I made a mistake in choosing her to be my caretaker. She is such a problematic girl." Bae Jinyoung comments at the back.

I leave the scene in anger, heading to the front door of the mansion to exit. The door locked when I pulled to open it. A few footsteps approaching me from behind. A pair of hands turns me around from facing the door, trying to open the door with all my might.

"You can't open the door without my permission. You already promised to take care of me the whole day when you got accepted here." Bae Jinyoung explains to me.

"I don't care.. I want to quit this ridiculous job. Why should I take care of someone who can't take care of others' feelings?!" I comment.

He takes my chin, making me face him. "No one ever quit this job unless I fired them. Just stay and do whatever I told you."

Baejin is right... Bae Jinyoung will make me working all night long without giving me mercy to have my own leisure time.

"Then, fire me. You already called me an attention seeker, right? Why don't you want to fire me then? Just do it. I will be glad if...."

He plants his kiss on my lip all of sudden, stopping my words. I freeze. Why he did that to me when he knows that I am mad at him?

He releases my lip free from in contact with his. Our eyes interlock with each other, feeling like the time stops ticking. "I just want to test your patience. And now I know you're not an easy girl to win. I don't even mean the things that I said to you before "

"I will never fall in your sweet words anymore. I don't care, I will leave this stupid mansion!" I push him away to open the door again.

"Stop. I'm... I'm.." He sighs before continuing to speak up. "Mianhae... I shouldn't say that."

"You think it's easy to just say sorry for what that you have said to me? You won't know how hurt I am.." My stupid tears start to wet my cheeks.

His thumbs suddenly wiping the tears that blur my visions like how a gentleman always did to help a girl. "I'm too harsh.. I'm really sorry. Stop crying, you look so ugly when you cried." He whispers.

I push him away, walking to the flower garden that I once went to with Baejin. I smell each of the flowers there as it calms me down. I pick a rose and pluck the petals one by one.

"Are you playing 'Do you like me or not?'?" Bae Jinyoung comments while taking the petals on the ground.

"Don't disturb me.."

"I will try to make you impressed." He talks but I just leave him behind me, taking other flowers instead of rose.

He turns me around, sitting me on the bench. He sprinkles the petals that I plucked before. A magic happened - the petals turn into a small rabbit plushie. He gives it to me while I'm applausing him like a seal.

"How... Did you learn magic?" I ask him, caressing the soft toy.

"It's my true self is, Magic. It's not from learning but it's how I am. Telepathy and magic.." He smirks.

Okay... Now, Bae Jinyoung's speciality revealed - a talented person. And he already won my heart to forgive him.

T B C